Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Marr bug

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Achernarrr
02.12.2019 , 11:58 AM | #1
i have toon stucked at the start of kotfe story special for party with Darth Marr. and now he is no more in companions list and chapter 1 reset to the beginning. i start it again, run up to the point where i got Marr and stop, exite in my stronghold and lose him again.
i asked my guildmates and one of them has the same bug.
what shall we do now?

supergreveis
02.13.2019 , 09:07 AM | #2
any chance they gonna fix this he is the only comp I use

Sandrosw
02.13.2019 , 12:24 PM | #3
Same here, I use him for RP reasons and I cannot really use any other companion instead for this purpose.
It was not mentioned in patch notes, so I assume it is bug and that it will get sorted out asap.
Darth Marr shall rise again.

Arkamos-Aurelius
02.16.2019 , 01:21 PM | #4
From what I know, same thing with every other temporary companion you could have gotten by using this tactic. For example, Acina is no longer available, too.
Which is a shame, because my friend loved to play the game with either her or Marr (RP reasons). Now she can't, and I had to console her after this update happened: due to trauma, she reacts badly when things she loves are taken away from her for no logical reason.
And there is no logical reason behind this fix. It's not listed in the patch notes, and you could have done this little trick to get Marr from as far back as 4.0. And yet, in 5.10.1, they suddenly decided to change it.
Please, reverse this change, if you would be so kind.

Sandrosw
03.14.2019 , 12:10 PM | #5
Issue still present, I hoped this patch would fix it, but nope
Darth Marr shall rise again.

Lunafox
03.14.2019 , 01:58 PM | #6
I specifically bought a lvl 60 character a ways back so that I could have him permanently on one toon, for screenshot and fraps purposes for my stories. I'd like him back.
Well, I guess this is it, your Highnessness. So long!

Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Paulsutherland
03.14.2019 , 02:32 PM | #7
Yeah! I've had him as a companion on some characters since 2015 ... I want my Darth Marr companion back too! Can you throw him onto the Odessen terminal?!

LeeThorogood
03.17.2019 , 05:35 AM | #8
Checked this today following Thursday's patch and it's still not fixed! Come on BW don't be anti-fun!

SteveTheCynic
03.17.2019 , 12:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LeeThorogood View Post
Checked this today following Thursday's patch and it's still not fixed! Come on BW don't be anti-fun!
I would put money on the fact that our ability to exit the relevant chapter and keep Marr and Acina around was a bug, so "it's still not fixed" is just plain wrong. "It's still mended" is more accurate.

That raises a separate question about whether it *should* be allowed, and quite frankly I don't care one way or another, except to note that it will consume a non-zero amount of developer and QA time to change it, and there's a huuuuuuge list of things that are more important.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

CharlesBoyd
03.19.2019 , 03:38 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks!

Thank you for calling attention to this issue. We didn't really intend to remove the ability to use Marr and others outside of their respective chapters; this was a side effect of solving a bug that would have blocked progression through the Ossus storyline for some players (under certain conditions, the game gets confused about which temporary companion you should have, and chaos ensues).

As some folks have guessed, taking temporary characters out of their chapters was never really an intended or supported feature. But since it didn't really hurt anything or give anyone an unfair advantage, we decided to leave it in when it was discovered.

Given that some of you have put a lot of time into these characters, it is our goal to find a way to give you access to them again. Unfortunately, I can't give an ETA for when that might happen as we still have to ensure that any solution we pursue doesn't risk blocking players' progress elsewhere in the storyline.
Charles Boyd | Creative Director
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]