Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Under the Hood with SWTOR

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DanielSteed
03.19.2019 , 01:44 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone!

Today we’re doing a deep dive behind the Preview Window and another system involving dynamic placeable objects. These topics seemed like a good opportunity to pull back the curtain and explain why we’ve dedicated a good portion of a game update to them. Read on to discover where we could improve, what changed, and what it means for the future. Let us know your thoughts! https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190319
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

QuinlanSaathis
03.19.2019 , 01:57 PM | #2
Does this mean that colors will be an actual representation of what we will see in game.
It annoys me no end to find the perfect black only to have look dark grey in game.

TUXs
03.19.2019 , 02:05 PM | #3
I'm...impressed...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

VanderII
03.19.2019 , 02:08 PM | #4
Sound really interesting, very good.
- Neithan Legacy -
- A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities. - J.R.R.T

menofhorror
03.19.2019 , 02:11 PM | #5
This is actually really cool.

PiiTarr
03.19.2019 , 02:11 PM | #6
Thank you for this.

OlBuzzard
03.19.2019 , 02:13 PM | #7
Daniel
I can tell you that some of the issues (especially black looking more like dark gray from time to time) is definately something that needs attention.
Any help in resolving these matters would relly be cool !

Thanks !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

IanArgent
03.19.2019 , 02:13 PM | #8
Awesome.

(I gotta wonder if this is one reason we don't have "appearance designer for weapons." I kinda hope that turned out to be technically possible with this rebuild)
You want Things? Do some Work. Find me on Star Forge
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

flumpet
03.19.2019 , 02:17 PM | #9
These improvements look really great!

One question - do the changes to Dynamic objects mean you'll be able (assuming there's development time) to go back through existing areas and smooth out some of the frustrations there? Mostly, I'm thinking of elevators we have to wait for vs. elevators that just teleport us to the next floor, but I'm guessing these changes might offer options for optimizing all sorts of other things.

Since one of the big selling points of SWTOR is the excellent class stories, spending some time polishing up the existing areas to make things a bit less frustrating as we go through them multiple times seems like a really solid idea.

_Zardas_
03.19.2019 , 02:18 PM | #10
Glad to see this, it seems like a much needed update