Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gathering Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Batwer
03.19.2019 , 01:53 AM | #291
Almost a month ....and the yellow ones be silent. Everywhere they comment, only not here.
Für Neueinsteiger und Rückkehrer:
klick mich: http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

KendraP
03.19.2019 , 05:44 AM | #292
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
Almost a month ....and the yellow ones be silent. Everywhere they comment, only not here.
Again, who's surprised?

EricMusco
03.19.2019 , 08:12 AM | #293 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey all,

I can see there is a bubbling concern about our lack of continued response in this thread so I wanted to make sure I pop back in. We have absolutely continued to read this thread. Some of the conversation has gotten a little off topic, but we are still taking in your feedback about feedback in general.

Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
I wanted to highlight this as although I totally get the frustration if there is a feeling we have fallen silent in this thread... we have become much more active in gathering feedback around the forums on a variety of topics. That was ultimately the goal of this thread was to work with you on better ways to gather feedback (which I hope that you feel we are already doing).

Keep any feedback related feedback coming as we will continue to keep our eyes on this thread.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Karameck
03.19.2019 , 08:33 AM | #294
Thank you Eric!

I know this community is very hostile at times, but I like to believe it’s just because people are passionate and really feel invested in Star Wars and The Old Republic.

I have noticed, and appreciate, the increased communication lately, especially with the introduction of Mr.Steed.

supertimtaf
03.19.2019 , 09:11 AM | #295
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I wanted to highlight this as although I totally get the frustration if there is a feeling we have fallen silent in this thread... we have become much more active in gathering feedback around the forums on a variety of topics. That was ultimately the goal of this thread was to work with you on better ways to gather feedback (which I hope that you feel we are already doing).

Keep any feedback related feedback coming as we will continue to keep our eyes on this thread.

-eric
One thing that lacks in the feedback department and could be improved is... having detailed response from the devs as to "why we do this" and "why we do not want that".

I've seen some topics in the pvp forum with some love and precise explanation from the devs which is great, but tbh it is lacking elsewhere on the forum. As an example, the class forums have a lot of really interesting and constructive feedback regarding different class and balance patchs (such as holotraverse/stride changes, tank damage changes, to only quote the recent ones)... and we've yet to see an answer or an acknowledgement from any dev regarding these.
Even a slight "sorry we can't do that because it would mess up this..." could make the difference. The same could be potentially done with GSF or even some topics in the General Discussion section.

Gathering feedback is nice, but making sure that players know that feedback is indeed gathered (as well as why some things cannot be done) is better... and could remove a lot of frustration regarding some long-unanswered topic.

It might be hard to do, but working towards this could improve the way players give feedback too. As an example, if we know that you cannot tweak the damage dealt by some Raid Boss (and why you think it would imbalance the fight), then we could give some better ideas elsewhere instead of spamming the same message over and over "just to be sure that the devs have seen it".
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Lhancelot
03.19.2019 , 10:05 AM | #296

-eric
Thanks Eric, I want to say I too appreciate the concerted effort you and your team have made to interact more with the forums. I think Mike is great, he has been helpful and responsive to those in the PVP section which for years has been left in the dark.

The only thing I can think of to ask is can you guys provide us with how matchmaking works, for regs too not just ranked?

Many people still remember when you mentioned possibly using a hidden stat for matchmaking that you guys have access to, and this has lead to a lot of speculation regarding the impact it has made on the matches.

People are blaming lopsided matches and poorly matched up WZ teams for this supposed hidden stat that is now being used. Can you either confirm that this is part of how matchmaking works, or put it to rest that no secret hidden PVP stat is being used for matchmaking?

People really want to know and understand better the algorithm you guys use for matchmaking. Can you please give us some ideas on how it actually is working now?
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

OlBuzzard
03.19.2019 , 10:29 AM | #297
Eric
We do appreciate your stopping by to drop a line or two. Informed people are undeniably happier people. My input is usually not as well vocalized as I would like for it to be.. soooo please for give the somewhat random scattergun approach.
BTW ... is there a spell check feature on this forum . I know I need to make good use of it if there is ! And for some reason mos of the time I try to make use of options such as "wrap in itallics" or smiles ... they don't work.

Ummm yes I did check the additional options below and everything should work.

Back to the topic at hand, more feed back.
Stuff we like as it is:
1. Cinamatic story lines: great stuff. You do a great job of using our currently quiped toons to engage the way we are dressed. That takes a lot of extra work and coding ... Thank You !! It does add to the emersion of the game contient.
2. Strong holds. They are great. Sometimes I like to just build stuff. In RL I'm a retired purchasing director and for hobbies I love to fish and work with my hands. I just finished nice rod rack to store all of my fishing poles on in the garage. I also just picked up 3 new work benches for my work shop in the basement. So for me this is a good way to channel some personal touch to the game.

I'd love to see a cool space station for another stronghold ... (see suggestion post later this AM).

2. Companions: Some of them are good .. some not so good. Many of the originals for light side players **UGH** .. I wont go there. I'd prefer to try to stay positive. Let's just say I really appreciate how in the last few expansions we haev such a wide varriety of companions to choose from. I think that is great. I also appreciate how that some that might have been "darkside" or "light side" fit into whatever role the individual player is in light or dark. PLEASE do not take away so many great options. My main toon a gun slinger might appreciate Lana B. or another alt might work better with HK-55.. sooo many different options for so many different players. PLEASE allow them to be customized.

One thing that does need a bit of work though. Lana and a few of the main "companions" cannot change their armor. At the very least her origianl get up would be better. Remember her face issue ? When I came back from over a years absence this was one of the first things I did was to see if I could changer Lanna's outfit. I know that this creats additional coding for the programmers ... but for those who really appreciate immersion in the game it would definately be helpful. It should be noted that in the past this was not a problem.

Also: something else that would be helpful ... addtional interaction with said companions, even in game. Brief quips, interactive interjections can often add to the contient.

4. Take 5: just what it implicates. Why not be able to take 5 from all of the killing that's going on. Everyone needs a little R&R from time to time. Open a suggstion box JUST for a little R&R where players can interact with each other and or their companions. Not just a cantina. Lakeside camping, fishing, amusement parks, etc.

5. Current story line. I like where you're going. It's a good way to gradually break away from KofFE and KotET.
6. Solo player options. Being able to run an op single player mode helps some of us a lot. I personally do not belong to a guild and (repsectfully) hope that I don't ever again. Key word "again" . I've been guilded before. More than once. It has always, always, ALWAYS ended in disaster. I've ben burned by some of the best. No need to go into details. I've just ahd to learn the hard way that with my crazy schedule and everything else that I've been through that if I want to play light side, enjoy a game with choices that I'd prefer... just stick to my own path. It should be noted that I freequently help players out who are in trouble and as often as possible back away from loot for others to have first choice. It's just more fun for me that way.
I personally believe that there are a lot of good folks out there, but there are many that ... well .. no need to go there.

Stuff that needs changing or work:
1. Bugs. Noone likes them really. Squash those rascals! Ummm for example did they ever get the problem fixed with Dromund Kass chapter 2 ? I have several alts that I need to run through there yet. ( remember I quit for a while). Seems like there was some sort of issue where you almost had to be level 68 with high end gear or play in "story mode" to get through it. Otherwise you died in a matter of seconds !! YIKES !!

The longer bugs stay alive the more damage these little buggers do .... to everything else ! This topic alone is no doubt a very sensitive one. I'm not a progremmer but I do know enough about the subject to know that some times it's a real bit in the butt to fix. Soooo don't chew out the folks doing the work, but PLEASE be more vigilant in this area.
2. Fixed contumes for certain companions. They become little more than run of the mill standard NPC's (ducks behind brick wall for incoming) !

3. Some of the sounds that our weapons make (for the smuggler at least) ... UGH ! I've heard more agressive sounds off of one of my old mechanical typwritters !! (UGH .. no joke ... really ) Just a thought. It might be cool to "test" the sounds before buying. I know that there is a cool blaster on sale right now... but no need to get the thing since it might be as bad or worse than the ones I have now ! Yeah .. I know it's an emmersion thing again!

4. Bluring the lines between classes. I think I've already mentioned this. I can definately see where the paths of each charactor would cross from time to time. But it is highly unlikely that a JK would do things exactly the same way as a trooper. I'm not bitter over this .. but there really does need to be some clear varriation in this area. Also: PLEASE do not let the "pendilum" of development in this area swing from one extreme to the other. Meaning that there will be changes ... but you probably wont like it. Just show a little kindness here. It's amazing how far that will go!
5. Gear drops that have little or no relavence. Gear drops need to be more relavant to the charactor and class we are playing... not just purchased with the latest token from group grinding mobs. At one time there was a pretty good system in place for updating gear. But for some reason that has fallen by the wayside.

I'll think of more later on (both positive and stuff that needs fixed or worked on)...

Thanks !
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

KendraP
03.19.2019 , 11:25 AM | #298
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
The only thing I can think of to ask is can you guys provide us with how matchmaking works, for regs too not just ranked?

Many people still remember when you mentioned possibly using a hidden stat for matchmaking that you guys have access to, and this has lead to a lot of speculation regarding the impact it has made on the matches.

People are blaming lopsided matches and poorly matched up WZ teams for this supposed hidden stat that is now being used. Can you either confirm that this is part of how matchmaking works, or put it to rest that no secret hidden PVP stat is being used for matchmaking?
"Supposed hidden stat"

Actually, since SWTOR launched players have always had a "rating" behind the scenes. I am hesitant to say rating since this isn't the same thing as your Ranked score, but it's the easiest way to explain it. This is more of a way that we approximate player skill solely for the purposes of matchmaking. This is also the reason we don't expose this information, since it is not really a rating (like Elo, etc).

Quote:
people really want to know and understand better the algorithm you guys use for matchmaking. Can you please give us some ideas on how it actually is working now?
Matchmaking will more strongly take player skill into account when making teams

So did Musco say all this just to create a giant conspiracy? Or should i say, supposed conspiracy?

Obviously there is some kind of skill stat going on, otherwise why'd Musco have said there was?

Batwer
03.19.2019 , 11:57 AM | #299
Hey all,

I can see there is a bubbling concern about our lack of continued response in this thread so I wanted to make sure I pop back in. We have absolutely continued to read this thread. Some of the conversation has gotten a little off topic, but we are still taking in your feedback about feedback in general.

-eric
Huh? It´s alive. Now you really scared me.
Für Neueinsteiger und Rückkehrer:
klick mich: http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

Jdast
03.19.2019 , 11:58 AM | #300
[color=#f9d648]

-eric
The problem Eric is that I think your hands are tied. There has been awesome and tremendous feedback on very specific, dare I say, micro-related issues. Exhibit A, your reply to Ulvarii about perk changes. Exhibit B: Mike's responses to win-trading. Exhibit C: Daniel's response o the Lana face issue.

Those are not unappreciated, but understand that for some of us, there are some huge macro-related issues.

Is Galactic Command even relevant any more? You asked us for comments specifically related to UCs. About a year ago Keith (is he still the lead producer?) said that legacy currency is here to stay. Fine, but there has been a ton of feedback about how you gutted 5.6 (which got me called a White Knight because I supported it so much).

Having a universal, legacy-wide currency does us NO GOOD if it is funneled through a soda straw on one daily planet -- namely -- Ossus because you tied gearing to a new currency, namely Masterwork Shards / Crystals. You are shooting yourselves in the foot because the whole point of GC 5.6 was to do what you want / where you want. A wise decision because you can't create new content fast enough (no one can, not even Blizzard / WoW).

I understand the desire to help people leapfrog and not go through GC. But you took it too far. You have now thrown the baby out with the bath water. The game is now boring.

I think it's great that you are responding to the micro-questions. But....

Well, that sentence finishes itself.

TL-DR: I genuinely (not your fault) believe you can't comment on what I care about. I still love you (not in that creepy way).

Dasty