Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let's Talk Win Trading...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Let's Talk Win Trading...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TrixxieTriss
03.15.2019 , 10:21 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
One time caught, give a warning and small ban/strip all rating gained on that players toons and do not allow them to compete for the rest of the season. If caught a second time cheating whether it's in regs or ranked they ought to get a 6 month ban from the game. After that, if they are ever caught again for cheating then ban them indefinitely.
You know most other games don’t give warnings or 6 month bans if your are caught cheating. They just perma ban the players account.
Respawn has recently perma banned about 33,000 players in the last few weeks.

merovejec
03.15.2019 , 10:26 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Respawn has recently perma banned about 33,000 players in the last few weeks.
I am afraid that is the whole population of swtor
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

MikeBradley
03.18.2019 , 01:31 PM | #173 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
I understand that naming and shaming individuals isn't a likely course of action for you but would it be possible for you to give us a post detailing some of the numbers involved here? So for example X people got X punishment, Y got Y and so on?

This is exactly the format I had in mind . After running this plan past several members of the team, I believe I can get very close to this. Full disclosure, for privacy reasons there may be some cases where I have to be less specific than I’d like to be. I've already started on the first report for season 11, look for it as a new thread next week.

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post

So (EA’s) Respawn’s game - Apex Legends just perma bans people cheating. Why can’t Bioware do the same.

What I would like to know is why can’t Bioware (another EA studio) have the same no tolerance policy to cheaters?

Thanks for sharing this! I did see that Apex report, and it’s a great read.

To clarify, we do issue permanent bans on players who cheat. We’ve been catching and banning cheaters since the launch of the game. There’s a range of ways that players cheat, and some methods are easier to detect than others. For the most obvious ways (botting, hacking, use of external software), we have systems that can automatically detect it, and because it often stands out clearly, we are much more comfortable handing out permanent bans in those cases, and we do.

Conspiring with others to fix matches is a method of cheating that is more difficult to prove conclusively, but we are making strides with the tools we have at our disposal and the different ways we’re able to look for it. We know this particular area is one in which we need the most help, and I want to thank those who send us reports and explanations of this happening. These reports, combined with the improvements we continue to make, have allowed us to increase (albeit more slowly) our confidence levels in these cases. As our confidence grows in our methods, as we increase the frequency and thoroughness of our investigations, and as we better communicate exactly the behavior we won’t tolerate, we will be more comfortable taking increased action against win traders throughout this season and beyond.

Until next time...

Mike Bradley | Associate Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

UlaVii
03.18.2019 , 03:18 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeBradley View Post
To clarify, we do issue permanent bans on players who cheat. We’ve been catching and banning cheaters since the launch of the game. There’s a range of ways that players cheat, and some methods are easier to detect than others. For the most obvious ways (botting, hacking, use of external software), we have systems that can automatically detect it, and because it often stands out clearly, we are much more comfortable handing out permanent bans in those cases, and we do.
Many players from the community complained about a player who was spoiling GSF for over 6 months with intentional suicides and frequent bot usage. You would load into matches and he would be in control of 4 ships on the same team. He openly bragged about it and posted screenshots of his bot setup. Tickets, videos, screenshots including text of him bragging and his screenshots of his bot software actually being used for PvP wintrading were submitted and nothing was done. He did it all for achievements and is still here, openly bragging about how he got away with it. He claimed that he did receive a 3 day ban but that Eric personally unbanned him. More recently he claimed to have used the invulnerability exploit to get into the top 3 ranked. All of this was submitted and he's still here with his rewards. He's even posted in this thread. He claims he is allowed to continue because he helps you identify exploits.

We all see this and sadly it makes a mockery of you and the things that you say are meaningless. The proof of that is that he is still here with everything he wanted.

merovejec
03.18.2019 , 03:44 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by UlaVii View Post
The proof of that is that he is still here with everything he wanted.
Dear Ula Vi, I am suprised how this issue still resides in your head. To be honest, I think that you finnaly had some excitement during that in GSF, thats why you remember it so well.

I have no shame and rather speak up than be silent about this as Devs are not allowed to comment. Yes, I have made mistakes and asked Bioware for another chance. They were kind enough to let me play the game again. Please dont blame Eric or anyone, I think its pretty solid and fair behavior that you allow an offender a second chance. We have this in RL laws, prisoners etc. Even the wintraders or exploiters have this. Bioware has no problems with issuing perma bans, I know it. They just need to focus on the right people now.

This is where it ends. The rest of your post is pure lies! Its such a typical behavior of people that when they do not know the truth they think things up. I heard all kinds of things about me already. People thought I was 15 yrs old, they wondered why I spoke so many languages, some even said I used google translate, there was this time when people thought I worked for EA in Germany..... so much silly stuff. "He claimed he used invulnearability bug..." OMG that one made me laugh, its the same as that discord photoshop stuff.

Anyway, I got my punishment, I was banned and restored, but my achievements were deleted and then I earned them the honest way ("I am not such a bad pilot myself"). That is the end of story so please put it to the past where it belongs and stop making up stories.
Merovejec
Achievements 5.10 68130

EmanoWanga
03.18.2019 , 04:12 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Dear Ula Vi, I am suprised how this issue still resides in your head.
I have a feeling he will still be telling the tale to his grandkids

Jokes aside, why do all threads always have to derail because of this? To be honest I think this is a good example of how Bioware used their ban hammer but then the player got on the right track. This is exactly how it is supposed to be. I heard only good on this player and I know he had some stuff before, but people do make mistakes.

I do not think Mike needs to explain stuff here. This was a good choice by Devs to give a person another chance. Once the community is against you then its really hard to prove anything, this is the internet after all. What we should be concerned about are those cheaters who arent here on forums helping other players and adding to the discussion. The Top 3 and Gold players who enjoying their flairs, gotten through cheats, silently in the game. At least this player has the character to come back and prove he made a mistake but has changed. I do not see posts from players I cannot name.....

Anyway thank you for the update @Mike, those statistics will be welcome and as for the players getting together to cheat, you cant only rely on programmed software here, that really needs to be analyzed.

Lhancelot
03.18.2019 , 04:31 PM | #177
I am just wondering what else Mike and the devs have discussed. Particularly if they are still considering making systemic changes to the scoring in ranked (solo and/or team)?
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

snave
03.18.2019 , 04:44 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Dear Ula Vi, I am suprised how this issue still resides in your head. To be honest, I think that you finnaly had some excitement during that in GSF, thats why you remember it so well.

I have no shame and rather speak up than be silent about this as Devs are not allowed to comment. Yes, I have made mistakes and asked Bioware for another chance. They were kind enough to let me play the game again. Please dont blame Eric or anyone, I think its pretty solid and fair behavior that you allow an offender a second chance. We have this in RL laws, prisoners etc. Even the wintraders or exploiters have this. Bioware has no problems with issuing perma bans, I know it. They just need to focus on the right people now.

This is where it ends. The rest of your post is pure lies! Its such a typical behavior of people that when they do not know the truth they think things up. I heard all kinds of things about me already. People thought I was 15 yrs old, they wondered why I spoke so many languages, some even said I used google translate, there was this time when people thought I worked for EA in Germany..... so much silly stuff. "He claimed he used invulnearability bug..." OMG that one made me laugh, its the same as that discord photoshop stuff.

Anyway, I got my punishment, I was banned and restored, but my achievements were deleted and then I earned them the honest way ("I am not such a bad pilot myself"). That is the end of story so please put it to the past where it belongs and stop making up stories.
You preaching in this thread is like the Catholic Church condemning Michael Jackson.

TrixxieTriss
03.18.2019 , 06:52 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeBradley View Post

This is exactly the format I had in mind . After running this plan past several members of the team, I believe I can get very close to this. Full disclosure, for privacy reasons there may be some cases where I have to be less specific than I’d like to be. I've already started on the first report for season 11, look for it as a new thread next week.

Thanks for sharing this! I did see that Apex report, and it’s a great read.

Conspiring with others to fix matches is a method of cheating that is more difficult to prove conclusively, but we are making strides with the tools we have at our disposal and the different ways we’re able to look for it. We know this particular area is one in which we need the most help, and I want to thank those who send us reports and explanations of this happening. These reports, combined with the improvements we continue to make, have allowed us to increase (albeit more slowly) our confidence levels in these cases. As our confidence grows in our methods, as we increase the frequency and thoroughness of our investigations, and as we better communicate exactly the behavior we won’t tolerate, we will be more comfortable taking increased action against win traders throughout this season and beyond.

Until next time...

Can you please implement an easier way to report cheats using an in game feature. The current way is confusing and semi broken.

Players should also not need to come to the forums to send private messages to Eric Musco to report cheats (which seems to be the main way people actually get caught). We need way in the game to link proof if we have it.

Lastly, there needs to be a relaxation on being able to post proof on the forums and not get sanctioned for it. As long as names are blocked or obscured, it isn’t naming or shaming and we should be able to show other players what to look for without getting it removed and getting warnings ourselves.
This might also help educate those who can’t tell:the difference between a cheat and actual game mechanics. If you let the community help educate players here, then false reporting would also drop, which reduces Bioware work load and would make it easier to catch and sanction the real cheaters.

merovejec
03.19.2019 , 12:48 AM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by snave View Post
You preaching in this thread is like the Catholic Church condemning Michael Jackson.
This statement told me a lot about you and your limited view of the world. Thank you.
Merovejec
Achievements 5.10 68130