Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

'Heralds of Victory' Game Update!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
'Heralds of Victory' Game Update!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gothikka
03.14.2019 , 11:51 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Soooo...no story or anything of substance for solo players again. Got it.
Dude, have patience. They pretty much confirmed we are getting an expansion. So, like the rest of us, you will just have to wait.

The more time they take to work on the new story stuff, the better. Means its not being rushed and its gonna be good.

Screaming_Ziva
03.14.2019 , 12:11 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
Was all that time spent on PVP content? How about all that time spent on an OP? None of that added any content for me, or the many other players like me, who doesn't PVP or do OPs. The answer, of course, is yes that was content, and so is this. It may not be for you, or the broader player audience, but it is still content. With all the people who play space Barbie, spending so much time on their character design or their stronghold, do you think this won't be a welcome addition to some? Honest question.
As was said above, this "content" is for a few ... ie guild leaders.

How many people that do play space Barbie are going to hate this because they disagree with the "content" their guild leaders create and they don't really want to display it?
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

Damask_Rose
03.14.2019 , 12:17 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Gothikka View Post
The more time they take to work on the new story stuff, the better. Means its not being rushed and its gonna be good.
That is a lovely, optimistic view considering how long it's taken to get small amounts of second rate story the past few years.

Karameck
03.14.2019 , 12:22 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
That is a lovely, optimistic view considering how long it's taken to get small amounts of second rate story the past few years.
Everyone I talk to outside of the forums, and some people here, were thrilled with the Ossus story.

It’s obviously a subjective interpretation, but I was very impressed with the story and characters. I think this community in general is filled with a lot of people who have conflicting tastes, and it seems like often people’s personal dislike gets conflated with the idea that the story is “bad”.

Lyriel
03.14.2019 , 12:37 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

It is my pleasure to announce Game Update 5.10.2 ‘Heralds of Victory’. It will be on PTS later this month and it will go live in April. The main feature of this update is the addition of a a new guild system called Guild Heraldry, which will allow guilds to create their own personal emblems. Additionally, the Preview Window has gotten completely revamped. For more specifics, the announcement article can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20190312

Next week, there will be an article going more in-depth about the changes to the Preview Window and another back-end update accompanying it.
We know at least some Guild Heraldry is going to be tied to Guild Level (because that is what they said when they originally announced Guild Leveling and mentioned heraldry). Naturally, this announcement skipped right past that. Doesn't even mention it. Cynic that I am, I imagine the answer is because they know their plan to implement it won't be universally popular.

Here's my question: Will the only interesting or meaningful display options be available solely for guilds at 64+? It seems likely. Why else the hype around the guilds that made it to 64 in the minimum amount of time, and the step to increase the Guild XP ratio?

To be fair, guild levels seem to be intended as another alternative form of advancement. It makes sense they would place an incentive for those guilds to keep working toward. However, as the head of a small guild that has managed to wrestle exactly four guild levels out of Conquest over the same amount of time (and that's with a ton of work on the weeks where it's even theoretically possible given our member numbers and interests), I have to say I'll be disappointed if this is the case. The claim in the article is that guilds have 'flourished' - but that's mostly true only for some (e.g., very large) guilds, to whom the system already clearly caters. Lord knows the Conquest system revamp didn't do my guild any favors.

Please note: I'm not saying there shouldn't be rewards for those larger guilds, or that those rewards shouldn't be great. I am only asking that they not be the exclusive beneficiaries of all the nice ones. All that will do is further cement the feeling that BioWare only cares about the large guilds. They keep saying it's not true... but they are already straining my credulity big time.
"I'm not a warrior, I'm a soldier. There's a difference. Warriors attack and conquer, they prey on the weak. Soldiers defend and protect the innocent—usually from warriors."
―Carth Onasi, hero of the Republic

casirabit
03.14.2019 , 12:59 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Karameck View Post
Everyone I talk to outside of the forums, and some people here, were thrilled with the Ossus story.

It’s obviously a subjective interpretation, but I was very impressed with the story and characters. I think this community in general is filled with a lot of people who have conflicting tastes, and it seems like often people’s personal dislike gets conflated with the idea that the story is “bad”.
The people I have talked while they like the story, they said it was too short. Took all of about 5-10 minutes to do and that for them and for a lot of people that like to do story is way to short.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

casirabit
03.14.2019 , 01:02 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
As was said above, this "content" is for a few ... ie guild leaders.

How many people that do play space Barbie are going to hate this because they disagree with the "content" their guild leaders create and they don't really want to display it?
And even some of guild leaders don't think it is content. It is something just for a few people and as someone mentioned what guild level is this going to be tied to or what hoops do you have to do to access it.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Karameck
03.14.2019 , 01:05 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
The people I have talked while they like the story, they said it was too short. Took all of about 5-10 minutes to do and that for them and for a lot of people that like to do story is way to short.
I agree it was short, but from my understanding it’s meant to be a prelude to the real content coming down the pipes like 6.0. As long as the next expansion is good I’m fine with the current berevity. It’s something that I’m really withholding judgement on until I have a broader context. But what we did get, I found immensely enjoyable.

I see indications of a lot of good things, dynamic weather, increased (and higher quality) decos and outfits, new and well-developed characters, several recent companion returns, and increased communication in the forums. Time will tell if the destination matches the trajectory, but I feel comfortable with the current path.

kodrac
03.14.2019 , 01:25 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Gothikka View Post
Dude, have patience. They pretty much confirmed we are getting an expansion. So, like the rest of us, you will just have to wait.

Just have to wait he says... That's what we all do. All that's left that is.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

DanielSteed
03.14.2019 , 02:05 PM | #90 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyriel View Post
We know at least some Guild Heraldry is going to be tied to Guild Level (because that is what they said when they originally announced Guild Leveling and mentioned heraldry). Naturally, this announcement skipped right past that. Doesn't even mention it. Cynic that I am, I imagine the answer is because they know their plan to implement it won't be universally popular.

Here's my question: Will the only interesting or meaningful display options be available solely for guilds at 64+? It seems likely. Why else the hype around the guilds that made it to 64 in the minimum amount of time, and the step to increase the Guild XP ratio?

To be fair, guild levels seem to be intended as another alternative form of advancement. It makes sense they would place an incentive for those guilds to keep working toward. However, as the head of a small guild that has managed to wrestle exactly four guild levels out of Conquest over the same amount of time (and that's with a ton of work on the weeks where it's even theoretically possible given our member numbers and interests), I have to say I'll be disappointed if this is the case. The claim in the article is that guilds have 'flourished' - but that's mostly true only for some (e.g., very large) guilds, to whom the system already clearly caters. Lord knows the Conquest system revamp didn't do my guild any favors.

Please note: I'm not saying there shouldn't be rewards for those larger guilds, or that those rewards shouldn't be great. I am only asking that they not be the exclusive beneficiaries of all the nice ones. All that will do is further cement the feeling that BioWare only cares about the large guilds. They keep saying it's not true... but they are already straining my credulity big time.
I can add some clarity to your concerns. The icons and backgrounds that make up Guild Heraldry will not have a Guild level restriction at launch. They’ll all be available from the get-go to Guilds of any size! Since this was just an announcement article, I am planning to go more in-depth on the finer details like this in the blog about Guild Heraldry coming before launch.
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]