Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Let's Talk Win Trading...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Let's Talk Win Trading...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
03.10.2019 , 06:10 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
It’s like herding sheep.
baaah
Krack

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
03.11.2019 , 06:24 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by LinkinPein View Post
I guess that those who manipulate or manipulated their ratings will never understand that a top 3 is supposed to represent a whole season of hard work and intensive matches. Of course, to those who don't care, a top 3 means nothing; to those who wintrade, it's just another meaningless toy in their collection. It is when you earn it after months of work and dedication, that you really appreciate what a top 3 title is really worth. I doubt that you understand what that means.

There are players out there, who do strategic queueing, careful queueing; they change utilities after every match; they swap specs after every match. Always looking for a fair advantage. It took me 245 games to get my Solo Ranked rating, swapping almost every day among all my chars to test the queue for the right moment. To me, my top 3 represents all that careful work.

So understand when I'm forced to see how Solo Ranked turns into this mafia hive of good players who are too lazy to play the game anymore, yet they think they deserve platinum simply because of the fact that they are good. No, play the game, as it should be. It isn't fun to go around orchestrating games, asking people to throw for you nor using bots to get 40+ rating per game.
I do understand all that hard work you put into it, but please also understand that this is a fictional game. You spend hours and hours every day that you could be doing something much more beneficial for yourself outside! I see this as a game, which I play for fun on the weekend now. Before I played it to pass the time away while I was living in a different country without my family. No draw absolutely 0 benefits from getting a top 3 title. You can show it to ppl in the game (thats like 20k people), but tthats about it. It doesnt help you get a job or earn more money. Thats how i see it. If you put it above all else, then there must be something wrong there.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

Lhancelot's Avatar


Lhancelot
03.11.2019 , 07:57 AM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
I do understand all that hard work you put into it, but please also understand that this is a fictional game. You spend hours and hours every day that you could be doing something much more beneficial for yourself outside! I see this as a game, which I play for fun on the weekend now. Before I played it to pass the time away while I was living in a different country without my family. No draw absolutely 0 benefits from getting a top 3 title. You can show it to ppl in the game (thats like 20k people), but tthats about it. It doesnt help you get a job or earn more money. Thats how i see it. If you put it above all else, then there must be something wrong there.
Well, it's convenient for you now to say these things when you admit that you now do not prioritize the game as you once did.

Thing is no matter how insignificant a game is to you, that doesn't mean that others ought to feel the same way. As you said, your position in life left you with more time and energy to play the game, and I am quite sure you were very passionate about it then, too.

I am just saying it's never good form to minimalize what hobbies others care about, especially if it doesn't hurt anyone else. Who are we to judge what others enjoy/do not enjoy?

With that in mind I think it's perfectly reasonable for people to feel emotion over a game. I see nothing wrong with someone expressing sadness, anger, happiness, joy over a game.

Also, who says that anyone values the game over everything else?

People can be quite angry and distraught over something in a game and that doesn't mean they care nothing about anything else. You can't assume just because you see someone show emotion over a game then that means nothing else in their life matters.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

LinkinPein's Avatar


LinkinPein
03.11.2019 , 07:59 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
I do understand all that hard work you put into it, but please also understand that this is a fictional game. You spend hours and hours every day that you could be doing something much more beneficial for yourself outside! I see this as a game, which I play for fun on the weekend now. Before I played it to pass the time away while I was living in a different country without my family. No draw absolutely 0 benefits from getting a top 3 title. You can show it to ppl in the game (thats like 20k people), but tthats about it. It doesnt help you get a job or earn more money. Thats how i see it. If you put it above all else, then there must be something wrong there.
Whether or not the reward itself exists in a virtual or real world is not tied to its value. For all we know humanity may end up caring more about an artificial reality than reality itself, if reality is even reliable. Who can trully say that we aren't in a virtual reality already?

You can care about a top 3 reward and live your normal life, you know. While I was playing s10, I was working from home as an editor, and finishing studies, as I was queueing for Solo Ranked. It's not like the is no delay between pops.

Ultimately, it is as I've say: the value of a top 3 is the result of your efforts within the game. Hence why I'm so concerned about what has happened; the game keeps beeing pushed towards an environment which promotes less actual, competitive matches, and more rating manipulation.
Szopen the Expert Marauder [10]
... who only likes Fury!
<Bravado>

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
03.11.2019 , 08:04 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Thing is no matter how insignificant a game is to you, that doesn't mean that others ought to feel the same way.
Yes, it is true that I should not tell or pretend to know how people feel or should feel. My point mainly is that we should treat this as a video game, nohing more. People may treat this game as more, but I feel that is wrong. Its in general wrong to get carried away on this path, I think that is common sense and not just my opinion. When people take games too seriously stuff happens like the attack on the Bioware person in the past or the issue with Maddeen event.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

LinkinPein's Avatar


LinkinPein
03.11.2019 , 08:12 AM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Yes, it is true that I should not tell or pretend to know how people feel or should feel. My point mainly is that we should treat this as a video game, nohing more. People may treat this game as more, but I feel that is wrong. Its in general wrong to get carried away on this path, I think that is common sense and not just my opinion. When people take games too seriously stuff happens like the attack on the Bioware person in the past or the issue with Maddeen event.
It's just a video game, therefore no rules matter; let's just break them over and over to our advantage and pleasure. That sounds like the right thing to do. Not at all hinting at an outcast who hates society and its rules. See how easy it is to make arguments about real life and video game life? It is pointless.
Szopen the Expert Marauder [10]
... who only likes Fury!
<Bravado>

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
03.11.2019 , 10:10 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by LinkinPein View Post
It's just a video game, therefore no rules matter; let's just break them over and over to our advantage and pleasure. That sounds like the right thing to do. Not at all hinting at an outcast who hates society and its rules. See how easy it is to make arguments about real life and video game life? It is pointless.
Its quite natural of humas to try to make stuff easy for them. Look at exploits, as soon as they pop up many use them. Sure a few individuals do report them and reffer from using them themselves but the majority does use them. Havent you ever cheated in a game? Never used a cheat code? Looked at your opponents cards? Again there are honest people out there, but quite a lot of people do cheat.

Last and most important, it was already mentioned here, some of these people actually enjoy cheating so thats a real issue here. Its not always about the people wanting to sell accounts, are crazy after top 3, but some simply enjoy the fact that they cheat and thaty why they do it. That is the biggest issue here I would say.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

Coloneli's Avatar


Coloneli
03.11.2019 , 10:16 AM | #148
Bringing irl in this discussion is a lame argument unless you have an addiction to the game that effects you in your everyday life. Everyone’s situation differs and were you not taught money and having a “successful” job isn’t everything?

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
03.11.2019 , 06:08 PM | #149
Dear Mike,

You might find this an interesting read on how other EA studios treat cheaters.

So (EA’s) Respawn’s game - Apex Legends just perma bans people cheating. Why can’t Bioware do the same.


Quote:
CHEATERS

As of today we’ve banned over 355K players..... We take cheating very seriously and care deeply about the health of Apex Legends for all players.....
  • We are reaching out and working directly with experts, both within and outside of EA, in this area that we can learn from.
  • Scaling up our anti-cheat team so we have more dedicated resources.
  • We are adding a report feature on PC to report cheaters in game that goes directly to Easy-Anti-Cheat
This was posted on Reddit officially by Respawn and you can read the full article here https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends...eck_in_382019/

What I would like to know is why can’t Bioware (another EA studio) have the same no tolerance policy to cheaters?

I think this move by Respawn shows EA themselves aren’t adverse to this sort of policy. Which means all the years it’s been an internal Bioware decision not to ban cheaters.

Come on Bioware step up and perma ban people cheating in the game. Wether they be win-traders, hackers, (known) exploiters or script kiddies. Perma ban them for ever.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
03.11.2019 , 06:41 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Look at exploits, as soon as they pop up many use them. Sure a few individuals do report them and reffer from using them themselves but the majority does use them. Havent you ever cheated in a game? Never used a cheat code? Looked at your opponents cards? Again there are honest people out there, but quite a lot of people do cheat.
The answer is most definitely NO. I’ve never done any of that.

I also challenge you to prove that the majority exploit. That’s is a very serious allegation to make about other people.

I think you would find a lot of people don’t cheat, or want to cheat or need to cheat. So, what does that say about you?

I think because you are a self admitted cheat yourself and even admitted to being a win-trader, your perception of other players is twisted because of your own behaviour. Just because you cheat, doesn’t mean the majority of other people do. And its also no justification for cheating in the first place.

Honestly, you are a prime example of why Bioware’s anti cheating policy doesn’t work. If Bioware were serious, you probably should have been banned first time you were caught.

@Mike and Musco, as you can see. Your policy isn’t taken seriously.