Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's Next?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
02.21.2019 , 12:46 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

With 5.10.1 out the door I know you are all curious what is coming next. We have talked about some of this in the past but I want to put a new update all in one place.
  • Bugs from 5.10.1 – We still have a few issues that popped out of 5.10.1 (such as Vette causing hitching) that we want to address. Our next planned patch was actually 5.10.2 but we want to get a bug fix patch out sooner then that if we can. It won’t be huge but getting a few of these fixes out soon is something we are actively investigating. I will pass on more details on timing and what will be fixed once I know more.
  • 5.10.2 – Our next update is coming… We are prepping a couple of blogs around what you can expect in this update along with getting things staged to get it in your hands on PTS. Look for more info on this update in early March.
  • After 5.10.2 – We should have details on our SW Celebration Cantina announced toward the end of February. Join us in Chicago if you can, or just keep your eyes posted on the interwebs during Celebration for more news from us on what is coming this year.

Thanks all.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Limariko
02.21.2019 , 12:52 PM | #2
Will the issue regarding the duplicate companion with the correct influence level being removed be addressed with this patch or is that still a work in progress?
My Referral link for the clicking: http://www.swtor.com/r/p2FZFM

You get stuff, I get stuff. It's a fair deal- Take It!

VaceDemon
02.21.2019 , 12:57 PM | #3
Why are you guys silent on the issues with ranked arenas and the broken elo system, and the rampant cheating and wintrading going on?
Game is memes xd

AireStyx
02.21.2019 , 01:13 PM | #4
This is something that you should have come out and stated earlier when people were asking about an upcoming road map. It should have been an easy answer to say we understand that people are eager for a roadmap about future content and the plan is to have more around the time of Star Wars Celebration.

It makes people more anxious when this is a known plan and yet it is delayed even being officially mentioned.

Costello
02.21.2019 , 01:15 PM | #5
So you are going to fix some bugs and an announcement on a blog that will hint at what is coming in the future. This feels more like a response to being seen in the influencer forms while absent from the general form.

I get it that Anthem is your big thing at the moment, yet you are hardly making this the most amazing year yet as claimed. Hell is Keith even still the producer? Has his raid progression group not told him what HM operation to work on next. Or is he gone to Anthem? We have yet to even get the, January is a busy month with meetings post yet and we are heading to the end of February.

I just did the Collicoid Queen and I'm a little confused as to the design plan and no great desire to repeat it, it doesn't feel like its something that SWTOR team does overly well due to the game engine the combat system, its not a strength that makes me think this is SWTOR at its finest. But I guess as long as Keiths raid group call the shots we will be seeing more 8/16 man SM/VM content.

Nelsonrosales
02.21.2019 , 01:26 PM | #6
Not much of an update, but will be looking forward to 5.10.2 I suppose....

kodrac
02.21.2019 , 01:32 PM | #7
Man, I can't wait for the something that will come out one day... Wheee!!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

SteveTheCynic
02.21.2019 , 02:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by AireStyx View Post
This is something that you should have come out and stated earlier when people were asking about an upcoming road map. It should have been an easy answer to say we understand that people are eager for a roadmap about future content and the plan is to have more around the time of Star Wars Celebration.

It makes people more anxious when this is a known plan and yet it is delayed even being officially mentioned.
What Eric posted is not a roadmap. It's too short-term to be a roadmap, but it nevertheless has value, since it shows where the end of the street is. (To extend the analogy, a product roadmap of the sort that people want would be something that shows us how to get to the other side of town.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Jdast
02.21.2019 , 02:04 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Man, I can't wait for the something that will come out one day... Wheee!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMTfHbc788Y

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Dasty

kodrac
02.21.2019 , 02:06 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMTfHbc788Y

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Dasty
That's exactly what I heard in my head while I wrote it.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.