Game Update 5.10.1 - Known Issues

EricMusco

One bug that was sadly not fixed with 5.10.1:

Range companions who are further than 30 meters from a target while "in combat" will not automatically enter combat range and need to be micromanaged in order to get them to fight.

This cannot be stated enough. It's been around since 5.10, but still not fixed despite the fact that it's already known.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This cannot be stated enough. It's been around since 5.10, but still not fixed despite the fact that it's already known.

Being known doesn't mean that it's easily fixed. A fix not being included in a patch doesn't mean that they are ignoring the issue. Sometimes things that seem like an easy fix are not and require more time to hunt down the cause and employ a fix than seems obvious to you.

Game is freezing up on one of my Sith Warriors. I can only move so far before the screen freezes for several moments.

Are you running with Vette as a companion? Because the same thing is happening to me and a guildmate, but only if we have her out. As soon as she is dismissed or replaced with a different companion everything goes back to normal.

Game is freezing up on one of my Sith Warriors. I can only move so far before the screen freezes for several moments.

Can confirm this as well

as an FYI I am running with vette ill try to see if dismissing her works though ill be peed because shes my fave companion

Can confirm this as well

as an FYI I am running with vette ill try to see if dismissing her works though ill be peed because shes my fave companion

Qyick verify of vette seeming to be the cause dismissed her and used Lana had no issues with play

BRING MY VETTE BACK!

So the situation is this.

After latest patch one of my sith warrior (the only one that made it to Ossus, skipping everytjing after SoR) has lost her Vette - she desappeared without a trace from the list of companions.

Am i the only one with this issue?

The patch and the patch after that was supposed to fix companions actually broke them all. On my smuggler I'd completed everything before Ossus. Did Ossus just now and all but one of my original companions have become unavailable. Checking the terminal to see if they can be brought back that way...

Edit: terminal worked but I have two lists of companions now. How could they get companions so wrong? I dread the next update...:rolleyes:

Edited by Sarova

Here to report my game lagging out/crashing on my sith warrior alt I was working on. Looks like it is Vette's fault (I had her out), but I lag from almost the time I log him in, until the game crashes on me.

Also, I had sets of armor from the command crates stored on an alt.. and all of the are gone now. :(

Can confirm that Vette is causing lag on Sith Warriors. Tonight when I used her for some heroics, the lags were so severe that the game seemed to be in slow motion.

Also can confirm that ranged companions are still hanging back and failing to heal/fight sometimes. Even the workaround (setting them to passive temporarily) is not working well since they're taking a while to catch up.

I went through about 10 heroics tonight testing two ranged companions (Vette and T7-O1) and two melee companions (Lana and Darth Hexid). All have influence higher than 40. Vette and T7-O1 both froze in place and failed to follow/heal/fight on occasion. Lana and Hexid both did a much better job of staying close to the toon and healing so perhaps they've fixed this for melee companions.

One more issue: chat settings seem to have been reset. When I logged in tonight and took a character to the fleet to buy some command boosts, I was suddenly seeing every bit of gross chatter in gen chat again. Turned out that every single chat setting I'd turned off (which is everything except system info and conversations from NPCs) had been turned back on. It seems to have affected only one character that I have checked so far but that was one that was an Outlander Level 60 token. Edited by IoNonSoEVero

• Dev Post
One bug that was sadly not fixed with 5.10.1:

Range companions who are further than 30 meters from a target while "in combat" will not automatically enter combat range and need to be micromanaged in order to get them to fight.

This is something the team is aware of and looking to address in a future patch. I will get it added to the known issues list for clarity.

-eric

I have a friend in Canada near Vancouver who has been trying to get on for the last two days since the patch and it would take her to the server list then say she couldn't connect. She tried this quite a few times even after restarting her computer a few times and doing the drastic uninstall and reinstall and she's still not having any luck.

And before anyone asks, she did make sure it wasn't blocked by her firewall or her antivirus. She's tried running it as admin. Still nothing. When the error pops up it doesn't say a error code, just that she can't connect and if the error persists contact support.

any idea what can be causing it Eric and other devs? cause I've tried walking her through everything i can find but she doesn't want to potentially mess with files and screw things up

I have a friend in Canada near Vancouver who has been trying to get on for the last two days since the patch and it would take her to the server list then say she couldn't connect. She tried this quite a few times even after restarting her computer a few times and doing the drastic uninstall and reinstall and she's still not having any luck.

And before anyone asks, she did make sure it wasn't blocked by her firewall or her antivirus. She's tried running it as admin. Still nothing. When the error pops up it doesn't say a error code, just that she can't connect and if the error persists contact support.

any idea what can be causing it Eric and other devs? cause I've tried walking her through everything i can find but she doesn't want to potentially mess with files and screw things up

The only time I’ve gotten that error is when I put the wrong password or account name in by accident.

Or when the connection to the internet is down.

The only time I’ve gotten that error is when I put the wrong password or account name in by accident.

Or when the connection to the internet is down.

Well that's the thing, her connection to the internet is fine and as far as I know she's putting her password in just fine, because it actually gets past the launcher then starts up her game then gives her the server list and only says then that she can't connect to any of the servers to log in on a character. She tried connecting to all the servers (she can see each one online and how many characters she has on them), it would still say the connection failed.

Edited by Jacianna

BRING MY VETTE BACK!

So the situation is this.

After latest patch one of my sith warrior (the only one that made it to Ossus, skipping everytjing after SoR) has lost her Vette - she desappeared without a trace from the list of companions.

Am i the only one with this issue?

I had Jaesa active (brought back from the terminal on Odessan) when I started the Ossus chain. I received the Major as my temp companion. When I completed the story line I noticed Jaesa had disappeared from my companion list. I went back to Odessan to see if she was there again but alas, she was not. I logged on to one of my other Warriors in which I had also skipped the chapters and noticed that Jaesa has deserted that toon as well. She is my favorite comp for that class and now she has disappeared in to the ether. Perhaps she took my place in carbonite when I skipped that whole sequence. Jaesa, come back to me....

I used a referral code so I could comment here.

I skipped FE/ET with a Consular so he got the default Republic choices and chose the loyalist path in JUS. He was able to retrieve Quinn from the companion locator terminal and has access to both Dorne and Quinn.

Feeling confident, I brought a Knight through JUS choosing the loyalist path. He chose Republic after Iokath and had retrieved Quinn from the terminal and had access to both Dorne and Quinn. When he started JUS he lost access to Quinn. He can't re-retrieve him from the terminal. I want my Quinn back!

We still don't have the second Eternal Championship conquest objective. We have the one for round 10, but not the "any round" one.

The following Conquest Objectives have been added to every Conquest:

[Repeatable] Complete any round of the Eternal Championship.

[Daily] Complete round 10 of the Eternal Championship.

Also from the 5.10 patch notes. I still can't unlock these for my account. I'm trying to give you money here!

The following items are now able to be unlocked in Collections as intended:

Cyberglow Mewvorr

Model FT-6 Pike

Corsair, The Unruly

Also from the 5.10 patch notes. I still can't unlock these for my account. I'm trying to give you money here!

The following items are now able to be unlocked in Collections as intended:

Cyberglow Mewvorr

Model FT-6 Pike

Corsair, The Unruly

Additional details on these items:

Cyberglow Mewvorr is listed in Collections, (unlike pretty much all the other CE vendor items) but there's no "unlock" or "claim" button, and the "Details" page says "Additional copies of this item are only available from the Collector's Edition vendor." Also, even though I actually have the pet, the tooltip on it at the vendor says "Locked in Collections". I bought one, and the item in my inventory is greyed out and unusable, and the tooltip on the item in my inventory also says it is "Locked in Collections". When I right clicked it, I got a message saying "You already have this pet." (At least I managed to get a refund of the full purchase price from the vendor).

Both the Model FT-6 Pike and the "Corsair" title are shown as unlockable in my Collections. The tooltip on the unlock button says, "You have added this item to your Collections from another character," and so on. But the "unlock" button doesn't do anything when clicked. Doesn't matter whether I'm on the character that "added" it or on a different one (on the same or a different server), nothing happens when I click the "unlock" button.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

I recently took a Trooper through Ossus after the patch that fixed the other companion bugs. Upon starting Ossus he got Kaliyo back despite banishing her during KOTFE, and for some reason he now has Lord Dramath listed under his contacts despite letting him go during the KOTET chapter. Not gaming breaking but still weird.

All my Imp's also still have Acina and Malcom listed as both dead though the Ossus story did correctly recognize which of them was actually alive.

Well that's the thing, her connection to the internet is fine and as far as I know she's putting her password in just fine, because it actually gets past the launcher then starts up her game then gives her the server list and only says then that she can't connect to any of the servers to log in on a character. She tried connecting to all the servers (she can see each one online and how many characters she has on them), it would still say the connection failed.

She's still having these issues and she tried calling customer support for Canada and only got automated service, no humans. Do they not have customer service for the call center on Sundays?

Just a note on the "Vette Bug". I'm having the same issue but it's with a level 70 Jedi Guardian with Scourge out. Intermittent freezing which can be resolved by moving in any direction which unfreezes any actions allowing me to continue running or attacking. Same bug or new issue?