252/258 Set Bonus not working??

panoukla

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

We are looking into your reports on the missing set bonuses from the armorings. I have a few follow-up questions to help in our investigation:

• Although the tooltip isn't displaying the set bonus, is the set bonus still applying?
  • If you moved the armoring but still have the original shell. Is there the correct mod in your original shell, and you still have the moved mod (missing the tooltip)?
  • If you take the mod which is missing the set bonus and move it into your inventory does the tooltip change?

We are actively looking into the issue, thanks in advance for the help.

-eric

1. No.

2.Yes.

3. Yes.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Thank you all for the details in this thread, they have been very helpful in us being able to quickly investigate the issue on our side.

The team is looking at what is going on and the best way for us to address it as soon as possible. I will provide update as I have them.

-eric

Where I have used say my Trooper to buy my Sniper an item say head..the 252 item in my troopers bay is now a trooper set item NOT the sniper one I purchased...Also Some of the shells that I bought have simply gone (I know for certain as I kept a list of which toon bough what Item for future 258 upgrades)...

Never posted before but this has screwed my two main toons that I play..... Not happy :mad::mad:

13 toons all with 252 or 258 gear lost their set bonusses. I do not saved empty shells, so basicly, when they dont solve this, i have grinded 8+ weeks for nothing.

In that case its the end of the road for me, not gonna do it again and wait for the next ****-up they will make.

A'drenalize

《Kill them dead》

Honestly, people need to take a breath and relax. The coding is complicated. They pull stuff out and it ends up disrupting stuff it's not even attached to sometimes.

Kind of like a fishing line with deep sea fish.

You throw the line in with grouper bait actually catch the grouper, but as you pull it up to the surface the line snags on an octopus, seaweed, and a shark then bites your grouper in half meaning you only managed to get half a grouper some seaweed and an octopus.

Point is, they are trying to fix the set bonuses, just be appreciative they finally started that. The gears are by most accounts not even needed for top tier content anyways, why do you guys give a crap if you got to wait a day or two for them to complete their job fixing the sets and replace your lost unneeded gears?

TL;DR

The coding is complicated. Don't cry over lost gear pieces that aren't even needed for ANY content anyway. A fix is incoming, take a deep breath all will be fine.

Edited by Lhancelot

so my 252 AND 258 gear sets have no bonuses anymore.

can we get a HOTFIX on these. i spent and im sure a lot of other people have spent a lot of time grinding the new gear for multiple toons!!

Hey folks,

Thank you all for the details in this thread, they have been very helpful in us being able to quickly investigate the issue on our side.

The team is looking at what is going on and the best way for us to address it as soon as possible. I will provide update as I have them.

-eric

He explained they working on it to fix as soon as possible.

Edited by Lhancelot

so the shells have the set bonuses not legacy items.

Pros: double mods

Cons: must pay to extract all mods again (1 mil credits for armorings alone for me)

Recommend: remove all shells and 252/258 items and refund crystals and allow them to simply be repurchased

or B upgrade all 252 shells to 258 and refund the difference for those with 258.

Honestly, people need to take a breath and relax. The coding is complicated. They pull stuff out and it ends up disrupting stuff it's not even attached to sometimes.

You throw the line in with grouper bait actually catch the grouper, but as you pull it up to the surface the line snags on an octopus, seaweed, and a shark then bites your grouper in half meaning you only managed to get half a grouper some seaweed and an octopus.

Point is, they are trying to fix the set bonuses, just be appreciative they finally started that. The gears are by most accounts not even needed for top tier content anyways, why do you guys give a crap if you got to wait a day or two for them to complete their job fixing the sets and replace your lost unneeded gears?

TL;DR

The coding is complicated. Don't cry over lost gear pieces that aren't even needed for ANY content anyway. A fix is incoming, take a deep breath all will be fine.

just wondering, how long did it take to fix the sharing quest problem ?

I'm curious...I have all of my 258 shells, but they all have 252 items in them...are those items being over written with the new 258's? I pull out all my new my armorings, mods and enhancements, replace them with the older ones to save cargo space...

Does anyone know if mine will have updated?

TL;DR

With all due respect, this isn't a minor issue. Every activity I play depends on those set-bonuses working...my entire rotation is geared around set bonuses working.

Rule #1 Always save your high-end shells. Always. For all we know they will introduce 262's in three weeks and you will need to trade in your 258's. :rolleyes:

This. At the very beginning, remember the whole 'set bonus isnt working?" At some point they were going to fix it. I simply kept all the 252's making sets, put them in my banks, for all my alts. Realistically, there is no real need to upgrade from 248's, as all content can pretty much be done with those. The only reason anyone is stressing over the getting the top,top armor is so you can do NM Gods and probably Hive Queen now. People are grinding armor, just to say/have the best armor...but to do WHAT with it?

I had a feeling something was going to be fixed about the missing set bonuses, but just kept them in my main/alts banks and marking a piece of paper what pieces I have. I have yet to get any 258's, and am sure glad to not have to deal with all of these issues with mods, bonuses, etc. I always, always wait half a day after a patch before I worry about anything content-wise...as there are always bugs. I'm glad so many others do, as I just look onto the forums, see all the issues, and avoid as much as possible.

TL:DR. I saved all my 252's in their shells, waiting to see their fix, and see what new bugs. Glad I waited, so I'm not stressing.

I'm curious...I have all of my 258 shells, but they all have 252 items in them...are those items being over written with the new 258's? I pull out all my new my armorings, mods and enhancements, replace them with the older ones to save cargo space...

Try it, report back!

This. At the very beginning, remember the whole 'set bonus isnt working?" At some point they were going to fix it. I simply kept all the 252's making sets, put them in my banks, for all my alts. Realistically, there is no real need to upgrade from 248's, as all content can pretty much be done with those. The only reason anyone is stressing over the getting the top,top armor is so you can do NM Gods and probably Hive Queen now. People are grinding armor, just to say/have the best armor...but to do WHAT with it?

I had a feeling something was going to be fixed about the missing set bonuses, but just kept them in my main/alts banks and marking a piece of paper what pieces I have. I have yet to get any 258's, and am sure glad to not have to deal with all of these issues with mods, bonuses, etc. I always, always wait half a day after a patch before I worry about anything content-wise...as there are always bugs. I'm glad so many others do, as I just look onto the forums, see all the issues, and avoid as much as possible.

TL:DR. I saved all my 252's in their shells, waiting to see their fix, and see what new bugs. Glad I waited, so I'm not stressing.

I saved my 252s too since they were indicated that the shells were needed to get the 258s.

The 258 shells on the other hand, had no use, no warning they would ever be needed in the future, and the only reason to keep them is "just in case bioware *** up".

I guess I'm at fault for having faith.

so the shells have the set bonuses not legacy items.

Pros: double mods

Cons: must pay to extract all mods again (1 mil credits for armorings alone for me)

Recommend: remove all shells and 252/258 items and refund crystals and allow them to simply be repurchased

or B upgrade all 252 shells to 258 and refund the difference for those with 258.

To get the set bonus again, is it safe to extract the armoring to get it? Is that confirmed?

I don't want to screw my gear over lol.

TL;DR

The Problem is. Since 4.0 almost all new Content was Buggy or Heavy Buggy. :(

Since the release of Ossus they Need for this Patch 2 Months. And after the Patch much Players have new/same Problems with the Set-Bonus or the Companions.

Do you remember 5.0 Galactic Command (Buggy/bad Balance), they Need to fix this 1 Year.

Do you remember the new Conquest System. They Need to improve/fix it some Months.

BW Need about 1 Month for Response to the Ossus Bugs.

And what is with the new Gearing System. Much of the community is not happy with this. Where is the Response to this?

Look at this Thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959480

Look ath this Thead:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=957755

I know you was very active in some of similar Threads.

The question is not: do we Need this gear. BW give us the gear/grind. But the Balance is bad or Buggy. If some of the Community wanna have the new gear. Then Bioware Need to fix/improve the work/grind for the new Gear. If you are a Singleplayer/Storymode Grouplayer/PVP Player/Ranked Player/Nighmare Raider, This all dont matter.

The new gear is online and they will not go back! They Need to fix/Improve the Bugs and work/grind, and this soon!

Sorry but after 6 Years the White Knigth is at the Moment not Strong in me. ;)

I have the Shells to my 258s. My problem is that i filled them with the older 252 armorings because i didnt know what to do with them and pulling them out of the ear was cheap. Little did i know they wouldrefill the 258 shells and i didnt get the 258 armorings because 252s were in their place... very frustrating since this is the case with most of my 258 gear i worked hard to get:mad:. Please fix or give us new gear to make up for this.

This is exactly what happens when you change the rules of the game mid-game. Should BW kept the same system and just introduced tier 5, expanded CXP to rank 400, everything would be good. But no...

The worst of all, I have a feeling that 6.0 will come sooner than expected and all this would have been for nothing.

I do the same thing and unfortunately, they didn't replace into 258 armoring. Your 252 will still be in the 258 shells :(

Hey folks,

We are looking into your reports on the missing set bonuses from the armorings. I have a few follow-up questions to help in our investigation:

• Although the tooltip isn't displaying the set bonus, is the set bonus still applying?
  • If you moved the armoring but still have the original shell. Is there the correct mod in your original shell, and you still have the moved mod (missing the tooltip)?
  • If you take the mod which is missing the set bonus and move it into your inventory does the tooltip change?

We are actively looking into the issue, thanks in advance for the help.

-eric

1.) No set bonus is definitely gone

2.) If the original shell was empty of mods before the update it will be filled with 258s. However, for players that kept their 252 armoring,mods and enhancements in the 258 shells, will NOT have been refilled with 258s. I did that for a lot of my toons so i'm missing a lot of 258 armorings with set bonus.

3.) No. Tooltip didn't change.