Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

252/258 Set Bonus not working??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
252/258 Set Bonus not working??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CaptRogue
02.12.2019 , 10:59 AM | #11
This must be fixed ASAP!!

Come on Devs! This is freaking pathetic.
I know coding can be hard, but to do this!!!!!!
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

Alanlionheart
02.12.2019 , 11:00 AM | #12
im missing ossus 252 gear from my cargo hold this includes 2 empty shells and 2 full items on one character on the other im missing 252 legs body and the empty gloves i had now have al lthe mods back in them , on top of that the 252 armor set bonus is gone.

Dreadystoffe
02.12.2019 , 11:03 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by meddani View Post
confirmed tooltip error, just tried the autocrit set bonus on my marauder it's still working.
It is not a tooltip error, tested it on several toons none of the setbonuses work, sniper/pt/sorc etc

meddani
02.12.2019 , 11:05 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Dreadystoffe View Post
It is not a tooltip error, tested it on several toons none of the setbonuses work, sniper/pt/sorc etc
huh weird on my marauder it's working
edit: you're right tried it on my sin & sorc... set bonus doesn'T work. GG EAware...

illbeitsoon
02.12.2019 , 11:06 AM | #15
So...What if you no longer have the 258 armor shells? Does that mean that we have to regrind the entire set bonus again? If this is true, which surely Eric would never propose such a thing, can the community and bioware devs reach some kind of compromise? Give us the ability to earn more crystals per week or send us the new gear via mail if there is evidence we purchased it previously (Assuming bioware has the ability to track that sort of stuff).

Screaming_Ziva
02.12.2019 , 11:07 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Medullah View Post
It's a bit tricky. They didn't fix the old armorings - they actually stripped the bonus off "old" 252/258 armorings if you'd pulled them out of a shell. They then replaced the armorings (and mods and enhancements) in your old 252/258 shells.

So in my case, for my Operative, I had 6 pieces of Masterwork gear in my cargo bay that was previously empty that now had full mods and enhancements. So I had to pull the "new" armorings out to replace the "old" ones in my legacy gear.
This seems like a very asinine way to fix the issue. What if you no longer have your 258 shells? Are you basically just screwed?
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

-Highsteel-
02.12.2019 , 11:08 AM | #17
Thank god I knew Bioware was full of incompetent goofs, saved all my shells for reasons like this. Weird how you guys didnt assume the worst, new to Swtor?
EZIO CHESTY-LARUE SCARFACE JUGGSORNOT SODA POPINSKI CHEZIO DUKE NUKEM

STAR FORGE

EricMusco
02.12.2019 , 11:11 AM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

We are looking into your reports on the missing set bonuses from the armorings. I have a few follow-up questions to help in our investigation:
  • Although the tooltip isn't displaying the set bonus, is the set bonus still applying?
  • If you moved the armoring but still have the original shell. Is there the correct mod in your original shell, and you still have the moved mod (missing the tooltip)?
  • If you take the mod which is missing the set bonus and move it into your inventory does the tooltip change?
We are actively looking into the issue, thanks in advance for the help.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Medullah
02.12.2019 , 11:16 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We are looking into your reports on the missing set bonuses from the armorings. I have a few follow-up questions to help in our investigation:
  • Although the tooltip isn't displaying the set bonus, is the set bonus still applying?
  • If you moved the armoring but still have the original shell. Is there the correct mod in your original shell, and you still have the moved mod (missing the tooltip)?
  • If you take the mod which is missing the set bonus and move it into your inventory does the tooltip change?
We are actively looking into the issue, thanks in advance for the help.

-eric
- No
- Yep.
- Yep.

So in my use case -

My Operative had a 6 piece 258 set piece, stored in Legacy gear. I logged on, no set bonus. I kept my old 258 shells, so I looked at them, and "voila" they were updated with 258 pieces that carried the set bonus. Moved that set bonus into the Legacy gear and got it back.

So the people that are going to be super burned here are the ones that got rid of their shells.

Rion_Starkiller
02.12.2019 , 11:18 AM | #20
Has anyone removed the armor mod and and re-attached it?
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Sejanos / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.