Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Roadmap

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
02.05.2019 , 10:08 AM | #91 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
Maybe I've missed it, but I've seen no mention of fixing the various bugs with reset or duplicated companions in those patch notes. Which I'm pretty sure were issues that would be addressed early this year. Is the overall idea to just forget about it and hope we do too?
I believe there are quite a number of fixes for the companion issues from 5.10 coming in 5.10.1.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Rion_Starkiller
02.05.2019 , 10:30 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Who are you to say what she pays for?
My thoughts exactly.

Quote: Originally Posted by HoloTweed View Post
Because it's simple LOGIC. Subscriptions pay for ACCESS, not NEW CONTENT. (I want new content as much as anyone - and even took a 2 year vacation from the game until I could bypass KotFEET and get content I wanted - but I always knew the money I paid was ONLY for access to whatever content was considered part of the game. There is just no denying or arguing that fact.)

I don't recall paying for ANY expansions since Rise of the Hutt Cartel. So my subscription has included game expansions such as Oricon/Dread Masters, Shadow of Revan, KOTFE, and KOTET, thus I expect game expansions as part of my subscription.

Of course, others are allowed to believe what they want. If those folks want to argue over whether these were actual expansions, I'm happy to have that debate. Fun!

As for paid expansions, I have said before that I would pay lots of money for a real expansion.
"Shut up and take my money BWA!"

Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
You don't pay a subscription for updates. Your subscription pays for you to have full access to every part of the game, with zero limitations like the ones F2P or preferred players have.
Is that in my subscription agreement somewhere?

Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
Anakin was a Mary Sue (or the male equivalent of a MS)
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
The male equivalent is sometimes called Marty Stu.
Do either of you think Luke was a MS? Personally, I think his story is more of a "coming of age" trope.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[*]We are still locking down details so I can't announce anything just yet, but we fully intend to be at SW Celebration this year. Which seems like a great place to reveal more details on what is coming this year.[/list]
Based on this announcement of an announcement , would anyone like to speculate on 6.0? In 2016, the SW Celebration was in July. KOTET was announced and came out during the holidays -- roughly 5 months later.
  • Will 6.0 be released during the holidays?
  • Will 6.0 be released 5-ish months after the SWC, so like September?
  • Or do you have another prediction date?

What do you think the story will be about? The Republic is a shadow of what it was. And Acina... really? I'm still waiting for Malgus to backhand her off of the throne, let alone match our protagonist characters should we challenge her. She's no Revan or Vitiate.
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

GrimTheGlutt
02.05.2019 , 11:37 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I believe there are quite a number of fixes for the companion issues from 5.10 coming in 5.10.1.

-eric
Sorry to be a bit blunt here, but how about finding out and telling us instead of the mystery info. How about doing that community manager role for a bit and converse with the developers on our behalf to find out what is being fixed and what is not (and preferably an explanation as to why not).

Stop making this like pulling teeth, its exhausting.

VarKoE
02.05.2019 , 12:04 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimTheGlutt View Post
Sorry to be a bit blunt here, but how about finding out and telling us instead of the mystery info. How about doing that community manager role for a bit and converse with the developers on our behalf to find out what is being fixed and what is not (and preferably an explanation as to why not).

Stop making this like pulling teeth, its exhausting.
I think he told you where to look. assuming of course, those changes were in the PTS build that was tested.

GrimTheGlutt
02.05.2019 , 12:31 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by VarKoE View Post
I think he told you where to look. assuming of course, those changes were in the PTS build that was tested.
And wheres the notes detailing what bug fixes have/have not been fixed.

Wheres the feedback on the armorings not stacking? Yes they admitted its a bug, so when's it being fixed.

And so on.........

I am not going to donwload a huge load of data to find out nothing has been fixed. As I said acertain individual could discuss with his developer colleagues and then communicate it to us - You know like a community manager would.

arunav
02.05.2019 , 12:33 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
The point I am simply trying to make is that there are other (strong) negative opinions of TLJ that don't involve SJWs.
I *am* a "SJW" I suppose (why wouldn't you want your country to be a better place for all its citizens than in the past?) and The Last Jedi made me sad after going opening night. It was the first time I left a Star Wars film thinking it was flat out terrible, and, in my mind, it also ruined Luke's character in the canon story. In many ways, The Last Jedi also invalided much of what happened in the the OT and prequels as well what is core to what Star Wars is for many fans.

Many have stated things of this nature since the film was released. I would just add that having progressive views on certain social issues has nothing to do with believing The Last Jedi was good or bad.

In my view, fitting into what I would guess would be branded as a "SJW" (I personally find the label vague and kind of silly, but maybe it holds more meaning for people younger than I am), I thought The Last Jedi was bad because its story was poorly considered and executed. I left the movie baffled how the final script was approved, and having little to no interest in Ep 9.

It won't be a "protest" when I don't go see Ep. 9 opening night like every other Star Wars movie I've been alive to see open, or even if deciding to skip it outright. I didn't go see Solo in the theaters because I didn't trust Disney to make a good Star Wars movie. After watching Solo on Netflix recently out of curiosity, this was the right choice.
"In the end, cowards are those that follow the dark side."

Free Inventory Slot, Character Transfer, and Subscription Time:
http://www.swtor.com/r/YpmgMVhttp://

Rion_Starkiller
02.05.2019 , 12:52 PM | #97
Stop using the term SJW. It's a political term created by social conservatives. So far it has done nothing but harm the criticism of the latest Star Wars movies.

How can we express our displeasure over terribly written movies, full of ad nauseam tropes, if the writers & directors can call you trolls and bigots? Just stop. Bad movies are bad. Disney is finally starting to learn.
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

VarKoE
02.05.2019 , 01:26 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimTheGlutt View Post
And wheres the notes detailing what bug fixes have/have not been fixed.

Wheres the feedback on the armorings not stacking? Yes they admitted its a bug, so when's it being fixed.

And so on.........

I am not going to donwload a huge load of data to find out nothing has been fixed. As I said acertain individual could discuss with his developer colleagues and then communicate it to us - You know like a community manager would.
unfair. That is patch notes. They are released around patch. Bad practice to put out fixes not knowing if they are all approved for production. If PTS forums have it, that is where to look, or wait for the patch notes.

Lhancelot
02.05.2019 , 01:38 PM | #99
I just thought about my critical analysis of Eric's post and it's not fair. He is writing in a thread unofficially, and so I am not going to be critical of his post.

It would be nice if they acknowledged ALL the bugs people have brought to their attention, and then hopefully in their patch notes explain which bugs will be fixed, and which will be fixed at a later date.

Being quiet and not acknowledging the plethora of bugs is wrong Eric, people deserve to know that their concerns of bugs are going to be addressed.

When players take their personal time to lay out detailed explanations of bugs in the game since 5.10 and nothing is commented on from BW, it looks like these posts are being ignored and then the players become resentful because it looks like you guys don't care.

Thanks for responding to people in an unofficial thread. I know it's not your modus operandi, but hoping it becomes your modus operandi in the future.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

hillerbees
02.05.2019 , 02:03 PM | #100
Can Keith give us any idea when we can expect 6.0 to drop?

When he took over the role of Producer we were (mostly) all excited for the changing of the guard and a serious player and developer taking the helm who shared our love of the game. I've linked Keith's initial hello post below for convenience.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20170413

Does Keith the player still share our desire for the game and our pain at the lack of communication regarding the game's direction?

I like when Keith, Charles and Eric communicate with us, and I'd like to think I am on their side having subbed from the start through rough and smooth but honestly I'd like to be hearing more than I am at the moment. Its almost a year since 6.0 was first mentioned and that post seemed to indicate that Bioware were just nailing down what exactly they wanted to include in it and that they just weren't quiet ready to let us in on it.

If its a case that 6.0' and its contents are to be announced at SW Celebration this year a simple confirmation of that fact would do fine - I'm not looking to spoil the surprise ....but I'd be happier knowing that one was coming.