Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Roadmap

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
02.03.2019 , 10:50 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
You seem like a reasonable person, but I feel you missed the whole point of Luke's story arc. Yes, you're correct about his story arc in the OT. But, you have to take a step further back to see his story arc across the entirety of the saga:

He was a brash young man. "All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was... what he was doing." I consider this Yoda quote to be the summary of early Luke. So this is what I see as the baseline of his story arc across the Saga and leads to my next point -->

He did consider striking Ben in TLJ, "for the briefest moment". Maybe the wisdom he once learned from Yoda finally sank in "“Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.” “Decide you must how to serve them best. If you leave now, help them you could, but you will destroy all for which they have fought and suffered.” In ESB, he did not learn that lesson and went off to save his friends. You can interpret if he made a mistake in doing so or not, but the lesson remained that he couldn't predict the future. In TLJ, you see that lesson sink in when he does spare Ben, both as a Teen and in TLJ itself by not coming and killing him.

Luke DID NOT KILL Ben, even when he has an army ready to destroy everyone Luke loves. Instead, he still is giving him a chance at redemption. I happen to be a big believer that Ben is turning to the light in Ep9, but regardless of whether it happens Luke found a way to give Ben another chance. Luke paid the price with his life so that nobody else would have to.

Let's compare that to what we saw in ROTJ. Luke was dressed in all black for a reason. He was on the edge of giving in to the dark side himself. He fought with aggression and that was a large part of how he was able to get the better of Vader. But in the end, the lessons he learned brought him back from the brink of darkness and he saw that maybe his father could also be redeemed. However for the balance of ROTJ he was bordering on the dark side himself.

Compare that with TLJ where he's portrayed as a paragon of the Light Side with one brief moment of darkness. Heroes aren't different than villians in never having a desire to do the wrong thing. What makes a hero is they turn away from that darkness. By the end of TLJ, I was extremely satisfied with the story arc of Luke's life and he absolutely had a fitting end.
Oh I'm not going to discount your view point here. I may not agree with it but I can see where you are coming from.

I'm aware that there are other, positive views of TLJ. Nothing is ever "all good" or "all bad." The point I am simply trying to make is that there are other (strong) negative opinions of TLJ that don't involve SJWs.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

AussieAlan's Avatar


AussieAlan
02.04.2019 , 05:55 AM | #52
If we can't get a road map, how about just telling us when we can use the new set bonus with the old one.

DarthSpuds's Avatar


DarthSpuds
02.04.2019 , 06:32 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Star Wars will live on for sure, but the brand has been damaged imo. Ep 8 was an utterly terrible story and Solo was only marginally better imo. I never thought I'd yearn for the day that Lucas was writing Star Wars movies again, but I am...
^ This.

And it shows just how badly Disney got it wrong.

I mean it should be almost impossible to ruin Star Wars; but they can damned close.


All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

DavidAtkinson's Avatar


DavidAtkinson
02.04.2019 , 08:46 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
• The entire movie centered around a space chase where ships are capable of FTL travel, yet they couldn't close the 100 yard gap between their lasers and the fleeing rebels...for the entire movie!!!
• Finnn isn't a good character. He's a coward who's been trying to run away for 2 movies now. I have no feelings towards his living or dying either way because he's an unimportant side show
• Rey is perfectly fine - love her character
• Luke was 100% not the Luke we last saw - he was freaking weird
• Kylo Ren isn't a "bad guy"...he's a confused character who I feel sorry for, not hatred for
• The main antagonist, Snoke, turned out to be a fake and died as quickly as he was introduced - that leaves a huge void in the "bad guy" department
• Hux isn't funny...he's just a human Jar Jar
• The entire "bombing run" was ridiculously stupid - it would have made sense in a WW2 movie, not Star Wars
• The entire casino thing was just a waste of time with nothing coming from it
• Captain Phantasma was another huge dud

I could literally go on and on about how many parts of the movie sucked...not ONE of my reasons has anything to do with SJW anything...it was just a complete travesty of a movie. Solo was no better - 99% of that is the horrible acting job of the dude playing Han...he was TERRIBLE!!! Everyone could have died at the end of Solo, like they did in Rogue One, and I sincerely wouldn't have cared. Again, nothing about SJW anything...just completely crap movies.
I disagree about Solo movie totally... I didn't go to the cinema to watch it because all the hate I saw on the net towards it and I thought it must be bad... I recently gave it a shot and I liked it a lot. For me it was really good.

The last Jedi was a mediocre movie because they brought in a guy who tried to show how good he is as a director and **it on everything we had before in ep7 and made his own version of a star wars movie. It was a huge mistake and Episode nine might be another dud as I don't see how It could fix the damage done by episode 8.

Force Awakens had it's flaws but it was still a good base story wise for the next two movies. Sadly TLJ totally failed to create anything meaningful as a SW movie and it was more like a parody film that totally ruined Rey's char, Luke, Kylo, Snoke and everyone that mattered. It was a movie that had too much stupid space fighting and very little story. TLJ was exactly as a AAA shooter game like Anthem. No soul in it.. just another quick cash grab movie by using the star wars name and honestly this game has turned in to the same thing over the years. It's just husk kept around to milk some money using the SW name. Don't believe me ? Look at the quality of the content we are getting.. The vanilla TOR game is a masterpiece compared to what they released recently.

Roadmap ? Meh... I am happy that the game is still around and I can play it.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
02.04.2019 , 09:48 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
So it didn't drive you away from the entire franchise, right?

IMHO a lot of the things people are claiming "damage" the brand, like more female characters, more ethnic and age diversity, and more acceptance of different orientations, are things that should have been part of the equation before now. If one wants to talk about Disney throwing too much Star Wars on the market in too short a time, letting the GoT people touch the films and not managing its license for video games better it's one thing - Disney should be breathing down EA's neck to properly care for this particular game IMHO- but what people claim is "damage" in most cases doesn't seem to be about that.
It didn't drive ME away, but it ensured that my wife will never watch another Star Wars movie ever again (Solo did that) and my sons and my brother have lost most of their interest in Star Wars as a result of the past 2 movies. In fact, my one son hasn't even seen Solo yet because TLJ was that bad in his mind (and mine).

It isn't about "too much Star Wars on the market"...it's about the quality of it.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
02.04.2019 , 09:51 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
I disagree about Solo movie totally... I didn't go to the cinema to watch it because all the hate I saw on the net towards it and I thought it must be bad... I recently gave it a shot and I liked it a lot. For me it was really good.
Alden Ehrenreich was my major issue with Solo. He was a terrible choice and a worse actor. It's too iconic of a role to have gone to a bad actor.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

CaptRogue's Avatar


CaptRogue
02.04.2019 , 10:29 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
I disagree about Solo movie totally... I didn't go to the cinema to watch it because all the hate I saw on the net towards it and I thought it must be bad... I recently gave it a shot and I liked it a lot. For me it was really good.

The last Jedi was a mediocre movie because they brought in a guy who tried to show how good he is as a director and **it on everything we had before in ep7 and made his own version of a star wars movie. It was a huge mistake and Episode nine might be another dud as I don't see how It could fix the damage done by episode 8.

Force Awakens had it's flaws but it was still a good base story wise for the next two movies. Sadly TLJ totally failed to create anything meaningful as a SW movie and it was more like a parody film that totally ruined Rey's char, Luke, Kylo, Snoke and everyone that mattered. It was a movie that had too much stupid space fighting and very little story. TLJ was exactly as a AAA shooter game like Anthem. No soul in it.. just another quick cash grab movie by using the star wars name and honestly this game has turned in to the same thing over the years. It's just husk kept around to milk some money using the SW name. Don't believe me ? Look at the quality of the content we are getting.. The vanilla TOR game is a masterpiece compared to what they released recently.

Roadmap ? Meh... I am happy that the game is still around and I can play it.
Bolded & underlined the important part!!

Star Wars growing up vs SW today...hands down growing up.
I can't stand the new Trilogy. The spin offs are junk. (Rogue One, the parts I did watch is NOT as bad. But still, why a movie about then?!) Solo, yuck! Went to bed when hubby watched that after a bit.

Disney has ruined the Star Wars name & is just trying to make as much money off it before they throw it to the back never to be seen for years & years.
It's despicable.
Those aren't Star Wars movies, those are cheap knock offs, like Fan fiction. (Granted that might be an insult to Fan fic. lol) Name brand vs store brand at a cheap grocery store...lol

As for the road map, I have never seen the reason to have a huge hype over it. Granted I like knowing what to look forward too. But it's not like "OMGOSH I NEED THE ROADMAP NAOOOOO!!!".
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
02.04.2019 , 10:38 AM | #58 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by dewayne View Post
are we getting anytime soon?
Hey folks,

Right now I don't believe there are any plans for a formal roadmap in the coming weeks. To calm any concerns, that isn't because there isn't stuff happening this year, but we have been making an effort to give you more visibility into content sooner via PTS. With that in mind, here are some details:
  • 5.10.1 is on PTS now, which you already know. That will come out in the next couple of weeks, more details on timing this week.
  • After 5.10.1 is out the door, look for details on 5.10.2 going to PTS.
  • We are still locking down details so I can't announce anything just yet, but we fully intend to be at SW Celebration this year. Which seems like a great place to reveal more details on what is coming this year.

Thanks all.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

GrimTheGlutt's Avatar


GrimTheGlutt
02.04.2019 , 11:26 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Right now I don't believe there are any plans for a formal roadmap in the coming weeks. To calm any concerns, that isn't because there isn't stuff happening this year, but we have been making an effort to give you more visibility into content sooner via PTS. With that in mind, here are some details:
  • 5.10.1 is on PTS now, which you already know. That will come out in the next couple of weeks, more details on timing this week.
  • After 5.10.1 is out the door, look for details on 5.10.2 going to PTS.
  • We are still locking down details so I can't announce anything just yet, but we fully intend to be at SW Celebration this year. Which seems like a great place to reveal more details on what is coming this year.

Thanks all.

-eric

We have to wait until April to hear what *may* come out later in the year... Really!

What about bug fixes, and what are you doing about gearing? We do not need to wait til April to hear about this garbage we are suffering with!

FlameYOL's Avatar


FlameYOL
02.04.2019 , 11:26 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Right now I don't believe there are any plans for a formal roadmap in the coming weeks. To calm any concerns, that isn't because there isn't stuff happening this year, but we have been making an effort to give you more visibility into content sooner via PTS. With that in mind, here are some details:
  • 5.10.1 is on PTS now, which you already know. That will come out in the next couple of weeks, more details on timing this week.
  • After 5.10.1 is out the door, look for details on 5.10.2 going to PTS.
  • We are still locking down details so I can't announce anything just yet, but we fully intend to be at SW Celebration this year. Which seems like a great place to reveal more details on what is coming this year.

Thanks all.

-eric
Thank you for the update, Musco. It's good to hear you're planning on showing us something at Celebration.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything