Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: January 29th, 2019

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: January 29th, 2019
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
01.25.2019 , 06:03 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, January 29th for maintenance. This is for back-end updates only, there will not be a patch to download.

Details:
DATE: 29 January 2019
TIME: 4:00AM - 10:00AM PST (1200 - 1800 GMT)
VERSION: N/A

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

EricMusco
01.25.2019 , 06:08 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

I wanted to jump in quick for some extra details, I know many of you will look a Tuesday's 6-hour maintenance with no patch and be curious what is up. Especially since we have had a few like this lately.

Over the past couple of months we have been doing a variety of hardware upgrades in our datacenters. Extended maintenances, like next week's, are specifically for when we are replacing critical hardware. We need to build in extra time as we will be going through extensive testing as a part of these upgrades. Having extended time also lowers the risk of having to extend the overall maintenance time as well.

We try to minimize long hours of downtime but ultimately these upgrades offer better overall stability to the game in the long term. We appreciate your patience and hopefully... we are almost through this round of extended back-end maintenance.

Thanks all!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Pacram
01.25.2019 , 07:53 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I wanted to jump in quick for some extra details, I know many of you will look a Tuesday's 6-hour maintenance with no patch and be curious what is up. Especially since we have had a few like this lately.

Over the past couple of months we have been doing a variety of hardware upgrades in our datacenters. Extended maintenances, like next week's, are specifically for when we are replacing critical hardware. We need to build in extra time as we will be going through extensive testing as a part of these upgrades. Having extended time also lowers the risk of having to extend the overall maintenance time as well.

We try to minimize long hours of downtime but ultimately these upgrades offer better overall stability to the game in the long term. We appreciate your patience and hopefully... we are almost through this round of extended back-end maintenance.

Thanks all!

-eric
Would you guys be able to share any light on these hardware upgrades, perhaps reasons for upgrade etc?

Kyrielan
01.25.2019 , 08:47 PM | #4
I just hope you realize how much this interferes with those of us who use the 9:00 am time to get screen prints for Conquest. Would it be possible to do this on another day? Perhaps change the hours for Conquest to give us time before you start the new planet selection at 10:00 am?

Thanks for all your hard work to keep things running, but sometimes it messes up things in other ways. Don't worry I still love you guys.

Darittha
01.25.2019 , 11:58 PM | #5
Why always do maintenance on tuesday? You cannot pick the worst day imo as it interferes with conquest so much. What harm would it do to move it forward by one day and always do maintenance on wednesday?

Khaleg
01.26.2019 , 12:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrielan View Post
I just hope you realize how much this interferes with those of us who use the 9:00 am time to get screen prints for Conquest. Would it be possible to do this on another day? Perhaps change the hours for Conquest to give us time before you start the new planet selection at 10:00 am?

Thanks for all your hard work to keep things running, but sometimes it messes up things in other ways. Don't worry I still love you guys.
It was stupid and absolutely uncalled for (and ignorant regarding player's needs) to get rid of the 24 h downtime of conquest anyway. It was perfectly fine before. Whoever brought that change forward didn't put much thought into this.
Just the incapabilty to not mess up the conquest on Tuesday's downtime was not enough reason to make that stupid change.
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

SchnellesWiesel
01.26.2019 , 04:39 AM | #7
Bonjour tout le monde !

Les serveurs seront hors ligne le 29 janvier 2018 afin de mettre à jour les bases de données. Vu qu'il n'y a aucun changement au niveau du client du jeu, aucun numéro de version, ni aucun téléchargement, ne sera associé à cette maintenance.

Détails :
DATE : 29 janvier 2018
HEURE : 1300h (heure de Paris) à 1900h (heure de Paris)
VERSION : N/A

Merci de votre patience pendant la maintenance de Star Wars™ : The Old Republic™ !
I believe that the new year has also begun in France.
Incorrect: "29 janvier 2018"
Correct: "29 janvier 2019"

AllisonLightning
01.26.2019 , 04:59 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darittha View Post
Why always do maintenance on tuesday? You cannot pick the worst day imo as it interferes with conquest so much. What harm would it do to move it forward by one day and always do maintenance on wednesday?
Or maybe the entire game doesn't revolve around Conquest? I mean, the server maintenance has always traditionally fell around APAC prime time even when there was a significant community there- it also affects the European players. They choose the time easiest for them to the least harm and we all have to live with it, regardless how much you want to complain about how it 'hurts your conquest' for them to keep the game running.

That's one of the things I don't mind paying a subscription for- not for them to create new issues to cater to Conquest losing, like the rest of us, six hours.
http://www.swtor.com/r/xsvzTv

Come to the dark side, where you get cookies and so do I.

bladech
01.26.2019 , 05:35 AM | #9
Hey folks,

Thanks all!

-eric
Ok, thanks! Can you guys also end pvp season since team ranked died and almost all skilled players already got their ratings in solo ranked so it is full of mat farmers

DarthYun
01.26.2019 , 09:05 AM | #10
When are we finally getting a heads up about the ultimate garbage abomination of a gearing system you have released???

Maybe return to mods and enhancements not bound to slot??? Maybe let people actually choose what they want from the weekly Ossus 252 piece instead of EA forced lootboxes???? Maybe let us upgrade pieces we dont need to actual pieces we want like the previous system???? Maybe say **** you corporate ******** ******es and get rid of lootboxes????

EDIT:

Oh no cause the statistics guy will say HEY GUISE PEOPLE ARE DOING THIS CONTENT SO MUCH THEY MUST LIKE IT LOLOLOLOL RELEASE MORE ****BOXES PEOPLE HAVE OPENED SO MUCH OF THEM THEY ARE AMAZING
pre nerf Bane of Baneful Banthas
Pre Nerf Bane of Izax
Pre Nerf Revanchist
Deposer of the Fortress
Conqueror of the Dread Masters
2014 Revanchist
World First Tyth
World First Repside Sisters pre 248 gear
Server First EC timed
pre nerf ravenchist
post buff raven
pre German world first repside Nahut (0 deaths)
World 1st Izax repside without memes
World 1st Izax 15.5m (also without memes but with meme people)
world 2nd original roster Gods Timed (no kicks)
World 2nd timed without exploits (knightmera poweru)
world first main repside team gods timed nim impside timed run timed (nightmare power)
World 1st Collicoid Queen 8m HM (no graba jerba)
World 1st Collicoid Queer 16m HM (no enrage 5 stack ez timed)