Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

DuskIsNotAmused's Avatar


DuskIsNotAmused
01.12.2019 , 01:05 PM | #5801
Quote: Originally Posted by Iheaca View Post
I have not yet made it through KOTET and the following chapters with any other character than Nyx either, but I can soon proudly say that I finished every class story. :P

I have been concentrating on attempting Master Mode Flashpoints with another friend and our two Arcanns . We love it so much when they bravely die for us. Decorating my Nar Shaddaa stronghold has been my other activity lately. It is starting to look nice.
Oh well done! I really struggle with the class stories, to easy to get distracted; so many variations and nothing that successfully holds my attention. In the expansions my faves Lana Theron and Arcann keep me on track ^^'

How do you select master mode for flashpoints? -Can not figure it out. I expect it's blindingly obvious _-. Two Arcanns? <3 sounds like fun...-Omg- o0 That...escalated, and in a direction I did not anticipate XD

Yes, I really need to take another swing at my SH... Edit:...Yuck, I mean...colourful?
Declaring my undying love and affection for the Star Wars Prequels, Originals and Sequels, Rogue One, Solo a Star Wars Story, the Old Republic + KotFE + KotET
If you're looking to commiserate about how much any of the above suck, this is your friendly notice that I am not the guy/girl/organic you're looking for. Have an excellent day.

Seireeni's Avatar


Seireeni
01.12.2019 , 02:05 PM | #5802
Master modes with two Arcanns sound like fun! Except if your companion is supposed to be the tank of the group and the boss fight requires the tank to dodge some attacks. x.x I still have nightmares of that time years ago when we lost our tank towards the end of Lost Island HM (yeah, back when they were still hard modes ) and I tried to micromanage Kaliyo to sidestep the attacks of the last boss... It didn't go well!

I should get back to decorating sometime soon! I got stuck because I want to use the wall decos on my redecorated Nar Shaddaa, but I don't usually craft + those universal prefabs are expensive too (though not as expensive as the resilent warden set). So I decided to wait until I manage to get crafting skills high enough to craft them. Currently I'm still waiting.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Darth Malgus - And some alts on Satele Shan and Star Forge - The Firslay Legacy
referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/J24zRp

Iheaca's Avatar


Iheaca
01.13.2019 , 08:30 AM | #5803
I must confess that I doubt that we can go through that many MM FP with only two (not that good) players and two Arcanns. We started with the easiest but It is already hard to handle some of the special attacks from bosses. We already had to switch to ranged companions a few times. We usually use a healing Arcann and a damage one for all trash mobs, then usually switch to two healing ones and the other player tanks (with a Sith Marauder, lol). So far so good but I don't think that we can do that many MM this way. :P

But our two Arcanns are perfect for Veteran mode. Even in healing mode they tank better than other players we have been playing with. And I am quite fond of this little jump of his and his comments in battle.

Flaskpoints can be taken in Veteran or Master mode by talking to the NPC in front of them in many situations, or directly at the terminal in the case of the laster FP. If you have the quest for story mode, you have to cancel it and take the quest at the NPC.

Decorating has been a new objective of mine recently. I have bought a few crates and done a lot of flashpoints where decorations can be looted. As per the prefabs, I found some that were not that expensive (150k to 250k each). I try to sell a few things regularly, including some of what I received in the crates that I do not like that much. That can make a lot of money (just sold a vehicle for 25M ). I want to include my SH in my story at some point and I wanted to be able to visualise what it may look like. Everyone needs to find some objectives when there is not that much new content available.
The Leviathan - Nyx-Nocturna, Ihrae, Del'Ihrae, Shanti-Adamanta, Ainlanna, Ijadyia
From Ashes We Will Rise - fanfiction

Yeldah_'s Avatar


Yeldah_
01.24.2019 , 10:39 PM | #5804
More than five characters. Happy now?

tahol's Avatar


tahol
01.24.2019 , 11:14 PM | #5805
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeldah_ View Post
Are there seriously this many people who badly want to bed space hitler?
Ooh, we have an EdgeLord here, or is this a real EdgeKing? Careful now, you could hurt yourself if you stumble.

I suppose getting bedded is not something you know much about.

Yeldah_'s Avatar


Yeldah_
01.25.2019 , 12:29 AM | #5806
Quote: Originally Posted by tahol View Post
Ooh, we have an EdgeLord here, or is this a real EdgeKing? Careful now, you could hurt yourself if you stumble.

I suppose getting bedded is not something you know much about.
Suggest you visit the toxic fellows in solo ranked. They will get your insult game on point.

Iheaca's Avatar


Iheaca
01.25.2019 , 02:00 AM | #5807
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeldah_ View Post
Are there seriously this many people who badly want to bed space hitler?
Oh nice! What a good thing to make my brain start this morning.

So! Let's do it the scholar way. *puts her glasses on*

First, can we compare Arcann with Hitler?
Well, I believe that we can due to his purge of the Scions because they have been killed for who/ they were and not in a context of war where they were foes. However, it is hard to say if it can really be considered comparable in terms of numbers, I guess not. Nor in terms of how it all went (no camps in Arcann's case). So I'd say that comparing Arcann with Hitler remains slightly overrated when we consider what specificity Hitler had. Better leave him aside, then.
If we really want to give him an historical name (one that is older so that it is less offending) for comparison, let's take... Ah yes, the Iron Space King (reference to Philip IV of France) would suit Emperor Arcann nicely.

Then it is all a question of point of view, I guess?
I would not bed a tyrant willingly. But my Sith? Well, she is not really shocked about dead people and bombed planets in a context of war. The Empire and the Republic have done the same for age. It is called conquest. She had killed a substantial bunch of people too. So she would find some of what Arcann did utterly useless and stupid but shocking? Not so much.
And the whole thing is... she is bedding him, not me. This is a RPG.

And the last thing is...
All these people who are romancing Arcann are not even romancing Emperor Arcann but only Arcann the redeemed man who wants to atone for his crimes now that he is not controlled by the dark side anymore. And that is where all the Star Warsy context comes into the play. You know, redemption, people that can change, bad people that can be saved and get a new chance at life...

Oh, and for the fangirl part: he is incredibly good looking in the trailers (and nah, a few scars are no show stopper ).

So if you think that anyone here among the players are bedding Space Hitler, I'd say that there are many things that you are getting wrong and that you take everything far too seriously.

Boobye. Have a good day!
The Leviathan - Nyx-Nocturna, Ihrae, Del'Ihrae, Shanti-Adamanta, Ainlanna, Ijadyia
From Ashes We Will Rise - fanfiction

tahol's Avatar


tahol
01.25.2019 , 02:17 AM | #5808
Quote: Originally Posted by Yeldah_ View Post
Suggest you visit the toxic fellows in solo ranked. They will get your insult game on point.
With people like you around, why would I have to go there?

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
01.25.2019 , 02:51 AM | #5809
Quote: Originally Posted by Iheaca View Post
Then it is all a question of point of view, I guess?
I would not bed a tyrant willingly. But my Sith? Well, she is not really shocked about dead people and bombed planets in a context of war. The Empire and the Republic have done the same for age. It is called conquest. She had killed a substantial bunch of people too. So she would find some of what Arcann did utterly useless and stupid but shocking? Not so much.
And the whole thing is... she is bedding him, not me. This is a RPG.

And the last thing is...
All these people who are romancing Arcann are not even romancing Emperor Arcann but only Arcann the redeemed man who wants to atone for his crimes now that he is not controlled by the dark side anymore. And that is where all the Star Warsy context comes into the play. You know, redemption, people that can change, bad people that can be saved and get a new chance at life...

Oh, and for the fangirl part: he is incredibly good looking in the trailers (and nah, a few scars are no show stopper ).
So much this.

I am not romancing Arcann, and i would probably not if he was real, my SW on the other hand.
She has her share of dead people (even my LS JK has killed quite a lot of people, even if she never liked to take lives, this is war and that's quite inevitable in this context).
Would my SW find some of his actions stupid and somewhat unecessary, obviously as she's a rather pragmatic but still DS Sith, but shocking, not more than Iheaca's SI
My SW even served Arcann's father who is by far worse than the son (as he would've consumed all life in the Galaxy if it were not for the JK stoping him), son who is not even the same person anymore.

And, while Theron would be more to my liking, i'll admitt that i too find Arcann quite attractive.

If there is 1 romance i really find disturbing, that'd rather be with DS Jaesa, this one is pretty messed up as your character may have killed every person she ever cared about, turning her into a complete psycho before beding her

Iheaca's Avatar


Iheaca
01.25.2019 , 03:01 AM | #5810
Quote: Originally Posted by Goreshaga View Post
If there is 1 romance i really find disturbing, that'd rather be with DS Jaesa, this one is pretty messed up as your character may have killed every person she ever cared about, turning her into a complete psycho before beding her
No no no no no. Nothing can beat romancing Khem Val on the scale of disturbing things.
The Leviathan - Nyx-Nocturna, Ihrae, Del'Ihrae, Shanti-Adamanta, Ainlanna, Ijadyia
From Ashes We Will Rise - fanfiction