The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

These are incidents just from today! I'm seriously thinking of avoiding doing mm flashpoints during the weeks when they are an objective to get the crystals. The headaches just aren't worth it. :(

Work smarter, not harder!

Get another DPS or two from your guild or friendlist (or go solo if you're that good) and do master mode Black Talon/Esseles four times. Walk into the flash point from the fleet, don't use GF. Have a good healing companion. Voilà. Not exactly exciting, but you do still get your isotope stabilizers and your quest completion for the weekly :cool:

Did it solo last week with Black Talon and it worked without problems.

Logged into my DPS Sorc on Darth Malgus in hopes of getting a last boss run of SnV before work. Her item rating is 238. Saw a call for it, get invited, then all of a sudden I'm kicked. I figure the game bugged, so I ask to be invited back. Nope, I was intentionally kicked because my item rating was "too low, and we want a fast kill".

A GF raid. It's story mode. I have run with people as low as level 50, and without their full set bonus if they are level 70. I've run with people with old set bonuses(ie, the 3.x or 4.x sets).

I told them to not PUG if they're that picky and set them on ignore.

Wow, I've read of Elitist aholes who say they'll do that and boast about it in these forums. Names won't be mentioned of course. But to think of that actually happening, most raids, especially SnV can be done with a group of 230... you did good on adding them to ignore.

Wow, I've read of Elitist aholes who say they'll do that and boast about it in these forums. Names won't be mentioned of course. But to think of that actually happening, most raids, especially SnV can be done with a group of 230... you did good on adding them to ignore.

See, here's the thing: if you're that picky about PUGs, you need to join a raiding guild, or you need to specify what you want when you're LFG. The other thing is it's one thing if you are doing VOTMG or maybe the Ossus bosses. Those aren't cakewalks.

"LF 1 Tank KP SM GF. Must have 248 set bonus with augments and link Brontes NIM cheeve."

Joke's on them, I still got my lockout done! 😀

New one just now. DF Group Finder, I'm tanking. Straight PUG from the GF button. 5 of 8 say they haven't done it before. Fine it'd be rough but explanations will be handed out it's cool. First trash pull people get thrown everywhere and there's 4 big guys at once whacking people

DPS "Tanks you have to "taunt"

Me: "I am taunting"

Nefra

Explanations go out tanks gotta be in front adds get hit by range etc.

My Co-tank keeps taunting off me and dragging him into the middle of the room away from the wall. The DPS constantly gets smashed by the mega cleave he does. I keep taunting him to the wall, Co-tank keeps taunting him back and moving him to the middle where DPS get slaughtered since they don't go behind him even after i explain for them to get out away from his front.

One dps dc's

I bailed. Screw that

The other thing is it's one thing if you are doing VOTMG or maybe the Ossus bosses. Those aren't cakewalks.

Honestly, even the Ossus bosses are pretty easy. I mean, compare them to the DvL bosses and they're a joke. Sure the droidie hits pretty hard and can kill a few at a time, but the bug? Barely anyone ever dies there. The biggest difficulty is still bug avoidance, especially because noone really knows what actually triggers the bug :D

"LF 1 Tank KP SM GF. Must have 248 set bonus with augments and link Brontes NIM cheeve."

I see that a lot lately, people asking for very high ratings for super easy content. Makes me question peoples sanity, tbh. Why would I need 248 gear for spamming Hamster Station HM runs? Two DPS with mild companion management skills can do that :rolleyes:

Edited by Kaldron_Fell

I was in a LFG doing Boarding Party last week. At the first cinematic, the group leader says "Obama...nooooooooo" and "pleeeease spacebar! :p " (that npc does kind of look like Obama)

This other guy (gonna call him player 2) in the group says "I'm not going to."

Group leader says "Well I know who to kick, then. :p" Obviously joking around.

On the way to the "hatch" player 2 just starts going off the deep end, cussing at the group leader and just giving him hell. Guess some people have no sense of humor. Anyway because of that, and not because of the dreaded spacebar that loser got kicked (it was the other member of the group that initiated the kick and not the leader.)

As long as someone has done the raid in HM and is in the basic 230s, I'll keep them in group for a HM, or if the group is balanced out as to not cause a complete early breakup, first timers- but there are people looking for carries. Me- the idea of a carry is alien, if I had more credits than what to do with- I'd pay for my own personal NiM progression team for the times I raid where I could be taught- the whole buying achievements/free mounts and titles doesn't make sense for me, since they wouldn't be real. I want the Wings as a 'I have cleared this in NiM and enough times on farm to have won them'.

For groupfinder story mode, it's stupid. I've removed one person one time during APAC prime time when groups collapse at times when it takes too long for a role we needed with someone lower level than they were. I've had people go on about the gear and I've put my foot down and said it's SM and I've told people to pass on gear they don't need when we have people in group who still need basic set gear. It's all 'derp derp... but their gear!' but then 'derp derp, my alts/different spec'... the amount of people who will whine about the under 70s/undergeared but need on every piece at full 248 is ridiculous.

Today, had someone whisper me asking to kick a sub 70 DPS when we got them as a replacement and my answer was no as it will always be. I've gotten so fed up that most of the time I refuse to do GF on my main healers unless it's a GF last boss run or something I want to do for crates or I really feel for the group (or someone was nice enough to switch roles in an earlier run and I want them to get to do their preferred character). I still will happily agree if a tank or healer feels uncomfortable with a solo tank to recruit another because it's GF and too many people are using the ability to cheese Ops with a fifth DPS to cover for the fact max level and gear can't get them to SM DPS numbers.

Logged into my DPS Sorc on Darth Malgus in hopes of getting a last boss run of SnV before work. Her item rating is 238. Saw a call for it, get invited, then all of a sudden I'm kicked. I figure the game bugged, so I ask to be invited back. Nope, I was intentionally kicked because my item rating was "too low, and we want a fast kill".

A GF raid. It's story mode. I have run with people as low as level 50, and without their full set bonus if they are level 70. I've run with people with old set bonuses(ie, the 3.x or 4.x sets).

I told them to not PUG if they're that picky and set them on ignore.

It's so bizarre to me that there are SM elitists.

On a related note, I was in a guild run of DF HM. Turns out we were 1 dps short that day. We decided to use the Allies channel to find a pug. We requested the usual "know fights, have discord" as well as "be 242+ geared." Long story short, 2 players in the Allies channel decided to complain about the 242+ requirement and we were baffled (the usual "akshually" type of nerds). I don't think our request was over the top... because you never know what quality of player you are getting when you pug even if they have the cheeve.

PS- Allies channel is trash now. Bring back Kephess channel!

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Queued up LFG last night, working on Socialite I for conquest, and Red Reaper popped. I loaded in just before the group leader and saw one groupie (a level 26) with just a sliver of health. I checked to see if anyone else had loaded. The group leader loaded, and apparently saw the same thing I did (the lowbie near death), and said "You don't run up the middle here by yourself" then the dude died. "Or that'll happen." The other person in the group (level 70) was over on the right side fighting and holding his own of course.

We finished up the mobs and this guy (the lowbie) starts giving us hell for "letting him die." Well some lessons are best learned the hard way. Both the group leader and I both told him that it was his own fault for running into combat before everyone was even loaded. Yet he persisted on blaming us and just being a total jerk about it. So instead of putting up with his crap for the rest of the flashpoint, we kicked him from the group.

A couple of minutes later the group leader tells me that that guy was spamming him in whispers, and calling him all kinds of derogatory names and hurling insults at him (stuff that would make DK chat seem like a church gathering). This goes on until we get to the bridge near the end of the FP (so a good 10-15 minutes) when the group leader finally decided to ignore the guy.

Just have to love those people that blame others for their own shortcomings and mistakes. And the guy claimed to have been around since launch. If that were true, then he would've had more sense than to initiate combat, on a squishy lowbie, without his group there to help. :rolleyes:

Edited by Elliraen

Here's a beauty

So our guild decides to do Ravagers as it is for conquest and it happened to be the Ops of the day yesterday. So we have a bit of issues with one of our dps as he lags and the game freezes so he drops so we go into GF for the spot now 5/8 (we grabbed a guy off fleet who had never done Ravagers before but he got into our discord and takes direction well which is awesome) are guild members a healer we picked up from fleet at the start, plus this new pug. We make it to master Blaster and we give it a go. The new pug Mara, decides to stand in everything imaginable and die horribly and rather quickly, things go pear shaped and we wipe. New Pug drops group immediately after. Well ok whatever he just stands in stupid. So we queue up for another replacement and get this Merc. He zones in trades a stim to someone randomly and goes quiet after. We ready check. he's not ready, we wait and ready check again not ready... message in ops chat (yes we know the bug so it's in officer chat or whatever) even whisper if he is good to go. no response but he starts walking and jumping... Well alright awesome. So we pull.

This Merc then proceeds to run to the far edge of the battle and jump off the edge to his death. did not even engage the boss... after he dies he quits group.

One of the pugs asked in discord if we remember the guild name which I tell him. He proceeds to tell us all that the leader of that guild of this Merc was in his guild previously and had proceeded to take a bunch of stuff out of their guild bank money mats items and then quit.

So.... I proceed to ignore the Merc and then look up his guild name and ignore every single player online with that Guild tag.

We queue up AGAIN wait a few minutes.... and we get.... THE SAME MERC that we just finished all ignoring.

***??? Not only was he able to go into GF immediately without lockout but even made it into our group AFTER we ignored him. :rak_02::rak_02:

So he gets kicked ASAP.

We queue YET AGAIN and get a sniper. We kill Master Blaster. He Dc's after the fight before the trash and last boss. :/ We clear trash and wait, but he's still not back.

We kick him and grab a friend of mine to help. By that time it was stupid late and we only gave the last boss one shot, we could not finish it so we took the LBLO.

Is the Gree-Speak ? ;)

Well, the original group had a guy in 210 gear that could not beat the dogs enrage so it was kind of troubling to begin with. He was the one with computer issues. We replaced him and one shot everything up till Master Blaster. Then had more issues

My only really bad experience so far was on veteran FP with GF. Everything went smoothly. Even sneaked around every single enemy during the code gathering part of Rishi, then guy asks to do the bonus, and we told, that we prefer finish this fast, and he left. He seriously left an easy group just, because no bonus. Not just our group were full of 70s, but even got nice gearscore, and we had a jedi shadow, and a smuggler to sneak through pretty much every single non-boss enemy.

Had an interesting run Bloodhunt. I queued with a Maro alongside a guild member with a tank. We are both 70 and get two other players in their 30s. We wait for one of them before the first group. He takes another way, pulled a group and died. None of us had ever seen someone going that way. Player spawns again and leaves the FP. No word from him in chat. We kick him and proceed while waiting for another player. Right before the boss their comes someone new. Tank and I wait for him while the sorcerer pulls the boss. Tank is not amused but get aggro quickly. You can now ask who did the adds. Yes, I killed all of them.

Sorcerer didn't heal himself after the fight and ran straight forward while we were still waiting for our 4th player, which had lag.

So the sorcerer isn't happy that he had to kill the mob all alone that he pulled. This happens more than one time and he leaves the group and whispers the tank shortafter what a noob he, the tank, is and some other insults.

We queue again and get another Sorcerer. We clear the challenges and now up to Jos and Valk. Our damage output is okay but without a healer this fight isn't the easiest one. Both ranged DDs stood beside a Kolto. None clicks as the tank is nearly dead.

My Maro got to do all the Kolto Stations. Same goas for Shae. Sorcerer stands beside a kolto and doesn't click it. He eventually learned to click koltos as half of the group is dead and it is our second try.

I don't get why he let me do all the Kolto clicking when he already stood beside one?

Not GF but was looking for an Ossus WB group this weekend. Got invited to a group with one other person. They changed it to an Op group and then made me a Lt. I continued doing my dailies for a few minutes when I realized the leader wasn't inviting anyone else and also wasn't advertising looking for more players. I probably should have just quit the group right there but instead I put out a call for players. I ended up filling the entire group of 24 while the leader just sat quietly. I was also looking for tanks for about 10 minutes and then, when I finally got two and we filled up, the leader finally said he was a tank.

Not GF but was looking for an Ossus WB group this weekend. Got invited to a group with one other person. They changed it to an Op group and then made me a Lt. I continued doing my dailies for a few minutes when I realized the leader wasn't inviting anyone else and also wasn't advertising looking for more players. I probably should have just quit the group right there but instead I put out a call for players. I ended up filling the entire group of 24 while the leader just sat quietly. I was also looking for tanks for about 10 minutes and then, when I finally got two and we filled up, the leader finally said he was a tank.

Oh my god- the sheer stupid when you get into the Ossus WB groups, I hate running at the the best of times but it's what you have to do but the DPS who die on the droid at near full health and just stay dead there. And then there's the absolute special people who start forming a group and then ditch it to go run their dailies.

A few stories to tell, from Friday to today.

Went into a DvL boss group at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. We spent 30 minutes looking for a tank, and when we finally got one and were about to initiate summons for the rest of the group, someone right-clicked the boss and fired. A quick refresher on DvL bosses: They don't respawn after you kill them, at least not within the same duration as normal world bosses. Luckily, we were able to find another in the Black Sun area and downed it easily.

After that, did a Czerka Core Meltdown on VM. Duneclaw was irritating, wiped on it five or six times because the other DPS were undergeared and underleveled despite bolster. Following that, burned through a Nathema Conspiracy as healer (I can spec between heal and DPS on my commando main) and wiped twice on Gemini 16 before wiping the floor with Atrius on the third try.

MM Taral V as healer the next day, nothing special. Built up a 24-man WB group for Ossus, went after droid first. R8-X8 decided to reset at 40% because some dps were standing too close to the door. Switched instances, did it again without complications (except for me dying three times in a row when coming back due to INCINERATE.) Bug went off without a hitch. Then Dread Palace LBLO on my shadow tank, and despite being horrendous at tanking, the nature of the encounter made it easy.

This morning, jumped in for an EV. Here's where it gets interesting.

• After the first boss, there was a bit of a debate whether to skip or to run through, since we didn't have a stealther, A vanguard-commando tank-healer combo made it through to get the speeder up.
  • Gharj was pulled while the offtank (the vanguard) was back at spawn due to falling into the lava in the preceding cave. He eventually made it when the boss was half down.
  • Walked into a gold acklay in the jungle area, and died promptly because I was a healer. Nobody rezzed me and proceeded to burn through the pylon boss - or at least attempted to. North group died and yelled at each other. Someone in the south group interjected in, and an argument about gearing and NiM EV back in the day broke out. Eventually they cleared the pylon boss... and I only got revived because the lootbox teleported the entire group to the vault entrance.
  • A Sage didn't know how the Infernal Council worked, and after finishing off his enemy, decided to hit everything in sight with Overload and other attacks. Second try, someone somehow pulled aggro on two bosses and we had to reset. Third try, a tank was somewhat slow on finishing his off, so we stood around and fired off single attacks every minute while waiting for him to finish.
  • Someone fell on the ledge leading into Soa's room and had to speeder back. Maintank guardian died by not being patient for heals and jumping during the first platform phase, or he may have just fallen. Another guardian dps also met the same fate, and the other commando healer died because the maintank was down and he somehow drew aggro. The maintank was rezzed, but died again due to ball lightning (I rezzed him early on, but he didn't accept it for about a minute and the time I noticed him, he was on the other side of the room), and the other healer was already dead. From there on, the offtank vanguard helped the remaining five of us through the second platform phase and final phases.

The whole EV run this morning took less than an hour, but it was still quite interesting.

I had an interesting EV GF run as well yesterday, entirely due to a lvl 51 Gunslinger. :jawa_wink:

First boss: he hides from us healers behind one of those pillars and at the first sign of damage he runs off into the snow. Just right off into the sunset he goes. Innovative but ultimately useless, because he dies. I rez him, but soon after he dies again. That kinda sets the tone for the rest of the run.

He dies on Gharj. Battle rez. He dies again. Stealth rez. He dies a third time.

He takes ages to catch up to us at the pylons, gets himself stuck between some rocks and it's a bit of a struggle to finally maneuver him to the correct path. But it's okay, someone else has a dc anyway. That is, until he goes straight for the puzzle und activates it right away without checking if anyone's ready.

And, you maybe guessed it, he dies almost instantly to the spawning adds. That's when I check his gear and his achievements. He has almost no armor rating, but has seen the insides of EV at least once before. Odd, but okay. Since he'd just die again I don't rez him this time.

Next boss. He runs in while we're still sorting our targets and immediately clicks the console. Oh well, it's just SM anyway, but he proceeds to kite his guy all around the room without even attempting to hit him further. The other healer dies (not the Gunslingers' fault, I guess) and the whole thing goes down the drain. That 's when the group leader has enough and just kicks him.

And I'm still not sure if he was just utterly clueless or a troll. :t_smile:

Edited by Padabiene

Under the "Murphy's Law of FP"

1. It queued me as a DPS when I was in tank gear and tank spec. Maybe I didn't have it clicked off, or maybe it's a bug (I've had both).

2. This was a good thing, as this was Master Mode Red Reaper (a first rate pain in the shebs, even on Veteran). The tank was not only underleveled (55) and undergeared (Level 50 gear), but had never run the FP before!

3. The FP was in progress, and they got to the bridge and the big bot. We managed to skate by that and up to the pyramids. Tank gets a little too close to one of the mooks I didn't stun. OOPS! And gets knocked back into second mob. OOPS!!

4. Okay. We manage to limp through that mess. Tank gets knocked off the light bridge near the door leading to the end boss. We square away the last two mooks and get into Darth Iokal's big chambers.

5. We get clobbered. Seriously. Clobbered. Healer, Tank, and I know the mechanics, but the other DPS completely ignores the "GET BEHIND THE ADD!" shouts we keep shouting at them. Iokal enrages and wipes us.

6. We try...three more times. Eventually, idiot DPS rage quits. No big loss, as they weren't following directions.

7. Tank is still undergeared. We wipe again.

8. Tank is too tired, admits defeat, and quits. It's down to healer and me.

9. Figuring we haven't got anything to lose, we pop some L50 Comps for DPS. For added irony, I broke out Theron and he breaks out Lana.

10. WE BEAT THE BOSS. Just a tank mislabled as DPS, a really good healer, two L50 comps, and knowing how to work companion mechanics so Lana and Theron didn't stand in the stupid and could get behind the chosen when targeted (set to passive, get behind mook, have them follow)

11. I friended the healer and he did the same. Figured anyone who could adequately two man that fight was totally worth running more fights with.

Edited by Allronix

I've been creeping this thread since juggernauts with aim pieces on were still a thing. Figured I'd contribute:

1. Lost Island HM: The Ministry of Silly tactics forms

I queue on my merc healer(unaugmented 230s, but hey! I'm sure it will be fine). Immediately get a pop. Zone in to Lost Island with 3 players geared up to their nose: 252 jugg tank, 252 assassin dps, 246 marauder. Obviously everyone's done this before. Obviously. Nothing to worry about. We breeze past everything up to the droid; at which point our tank takes charge of the proceedings by quickly kiting the droid around the room, while the two dps religiously drop their thunder circles wherever convenient, ignoring the adds and breaking LoS with me every chance they get. Interrupt the incinerate? HA! That's why god gave healers a short cooldown on cleanse. Tank dies when the boss is at around 45%. By the time I got off my combat rez, the marauder has melted and the Sin has gone into stealth leaving me with the aggro. We die. This is the conversation that went down after:

H(me): Tank, why do you keep running around the room?

T: To avoid circles.

H: Ok, but you're not really getting any circles and because 75% of the group is melee you're making it difficult for the dps to...you know, do damage.

T: That's how I always tank this boss.

H: Fair enough, but it's clearly not working in this particular situation, can we maybe try a different tactic.(you know the one)

T:Just keep me alive.

Wellp, we ran back in. And we ran around the room at least 3 times. The boss died, while probably thinking that this was the weirdest encounter he's had in ages.

Onward to Sav-Rak.

First try: First Sav-Rak smash, assassin decides to test if force cloak can save him from the punt. It does not. He lets us know in chat that he thought it would work, I internally question my life-choices.

Second try: We survive the smash, he jumps up to the pipes, they all spread out to the consoles. I notice only the marauder is channeling his. I politely inquire why in the glory of satan isn't everyone channeling theirs. As I'm furiously typing, someone dies. My bad. I apologize and kindly ask everyone to just channel it rather than try to impress everyone with their strategic timing of the channel. I get told to heal more, talk less; which in that particular circumstance was a fair point.

Third try: We down him after what felt like a million smashes and pipe juggling.

It was at this point that I had a flashback to the start of the flashpoint:

T: are we doing bonus?

D1: sure

D2:yea, why not

H:yeah I'm down(oh how young and naive I was).

I notice that they're religiously doing the consoles, so there's no chance for me to go "damn, guys, we missed one, maybe next time!". On to the disgusting popsicle it is.

First try: Everything seems fine until the stalactites(or whatever) start raining down on us, at which point, holy mother of predation and force speed do the bolt. Which is a bold strategy that worked, in that they took no damage. It was also an idiotic strategy because they also did 0 damage to the boss in that phase and all the subsequent falling phases until the boss enraged and wiped us.

Second try: I humbly suggest that I don't have either the ability or the gear to heal through more than 20 seconds of enrage and that, for the sake of everyone's repair bill they might want to consider running around the boss and throwing an ability or two his way, seeing as how they're all instantly cast. To everyone's surprise, it worked, the popsicle died(as did a bit of my soul) and we were off to our appointment with Dr Lorrick.

First try: Tank standing in circles? Check. DPS eating satchel charges? Check. When Lorrick would disappear and the kolto tank became attackable, only the Sin would bash it, while our glorious huggernaut would stand there looking menacing. 5 tanks in, we push him to the flaming rakghoul phase. Tank proceeds to get stunned, dies. Demands rezz as I'm trying to get enough distance from the flamers. Gets rezzed. Force-leaps to a burning rakghoul. Dies.

T(our resident scholar): I'm sorry but we don't have the necessary healing to beat this fight.

H: (x) Doubt

T: -disconnects-

D1(marauder):-disconnects-

D2(sin): queue us again, we got this.

I figured I'd already wasted what felt like a decade of my life(only 90 minutes in realtime) so why the hell not. We queued. We got a level 52 jugg tank and a fresh 70 sorc in 167 gear. We went over tactics before the pull and we managed to down him in 2 tries.

Four small adventures for this week.

#1 Traitor Among the Chiss: Actually had a good looking group; all lvl 70 with a tank, 2x dps, and a healer. The tank and other DPS left right away. Re-qued us and waited a few minutes then myself and the healer decided to just bring out our comps and make our way in a bit while we waited.

We didn't get far before two new people joined. One of which was a 47 shadow, we tried getting him to stealth to the first boss but he had no idea what we were talking about. No problem, the mara that joined with him was geared and while I am not great my jugg isn't that much of a slouch and we make it to the droid. We wipe the walls with the droid and go on to the next boss, midway through the shadow finally realizes he can stealth and decides to just do that and not bother coming out to help out... We punted him after the boss for being useless and went on to finish with a companion in his spot.

#2 Depths of Manaan: This time on my Pyrotech. 2x 70's and 2x 50's, all DPS. Three of us are saying "Skip" during the dialogue, the 4th is trying to talk in guild chat but doesn't seem to understand that he has to change to that channel instead of talking in group..

Get to the final boss and the fight is going slowly... The fire jet comes out and I run over to it.. Everyone else stays on the boss. I taunt the boss so he comes over and the other 70 yells at me for drawing him away from him. Boss's sheild comes down and we start finally doing some real damage. Next little jet of fire comes up and I again head towards it, nobody else does. I taunt the boss again and again the other 70 (who is the only other one who had done this FP before) yells again for dragging the boss away. This time we put him down but before we get to the cut scene he starts a vote kick on me for "not following orders"... Thankfully the other two were smart enough to realize the only time they did any real damage on the boss was when I dragged him.

#3 Again with Depths of Manaan: Lost a member midway through; replaced with companion and requed. Didn't get anyone to join until the final boss was around 15%, by the time he was fully loaded in we had just killed the boss.

He then quit because someone in the group wasn't skipping the dialogue.

And finally #4: Boarding Party. Had a guy quit so we were going to replace him with a comp. Got into an argument with one over who's companion was better. Mine (who is at 50) or his who is only at 22 but he (being the player) was geared better than me so somehow that makes his companion better?

• 2 weeks later...
1. Lost Island HM: The Ministry of Silly tactics forms

I enjoyed reading this so much I'm kinda torn: Do I want you to have more of those kinda runs to write about here or rather more luck with pugs? :t_angel:

Had a notable Lost Island HM run on Sunday myself, though we didn't get to finish this one (I had to admit defeat).

Take a tank who is doing his best, but a bit rusty after a two year break, and a Sentinel who had never been in LI before. In fact, he'd been playing SWTOR since seven days and the only other FP he'd ever seen was Black Talon. Jumping right into LI HM was enthusiastic, to say the least, and went as well as expected. Especially since he didn't tell us from the start.

I was the healer (replacement for a lvl 55 they kicked) and the other dps, a Shadow, knew what he was doing. Didn't help much though as the Sent placed the voids just about everywhere and neither he nor the tank moved out of them. Second try with tactics explained and the Sent, careful not to camp in voids, was running about aimlessly most of the time. Enrage. Not sure how, but a few tries later we managed to down the boss and move on to the next. I had a bad feeling.

We assigned consoles, explained tactics, off we went: The Sav-Rak smashed two times before jumping which already isn't a good sign. Instead of clicking the Sent danced around the tank and managed to fall off the platform. As he didn't die I tried to pull him up, but miscalculated the Sav-Rak's next smash. Wipe. The Shadow left us there, the replacement was a well geared Commando. My optimism didn't last long though.

Because he was the first one to die to the smash, while the Sent at least knew how to click the console after the jump. I saw five smashes in a row that day. My last straw was, after a few more tries, the Commando dying to smash again and the Sent, for no good reason, blade blitzing off the platform. :t_confused:

Got MM Lost Island on my DPS Assassin on Star Forge.

It was Sorc healer, Merc DPS, and Assassin tank. First two bosses(the big critter in front of the lab and the droid) went OK, the latter cutting somewhat close to enrage, but we made it, and the other critter mini boss went down smoothly.

We get to Sav-Rak, and the Merc dies on the first smash. Healer rezzes him, but he dies again. We actually managed to get the boss down to ~30%, but eventually the healer got strained for resources. The tank then spells out the tactics: to stand under his 🍑 during the smash channel and to get on the panels ASAP so the healer can heal and cleanse. Merc goes okay, and he survives the first smash, but dies on the second one. I tell him to either stand under the 🍑 or use Hydraulic Overrides(I have seen videos where BHs/Troopers can BS through the mechanic with it). Dude says OK...and when the boss is on the pipe, he's busy healing himself. So the healer is forced to click the panel, while the tank and I are yelling at the Merc to listen to us. We wipe yet again, and the healer initiates a vote kick which goes through. Merc laughs and I block him. We get a Sorc replacement and one shot Sav-Rak and Lorrick, making it my easiest kill of the latter ever.

Last night, I tried grinding a bit on my dual specced Sage, also on Star Forge. I got a pop for MM Ilum; not a fan of that one, but the healer is a Scoundrel and it's good for conquest. Healer asks to do bonus, to which I agree. Tank is, uh, something else: charges into combat without letting the rest of us(healer was Rank 300 with a 248+ rating, my gear as TK was 232 and the other DPS Sage was level 57) heal up or even catch up. Combine that with tunnel vision, and if the healer isn't getting eaten alive, it's me or the other Sage. How bad of a tank do you have to be if a level 57 player is getting aggro? We wiped twice on the Ongree and the Kaleesh, to which I decided I was too tired to deal with this, blocked the tank and bowed out.