Maintenance: January 15th, 2019

EricMusco

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Companions in odd states? Does that include HK-55 not being available after completing Arma Rasa? Duplicate copies of companions on characters who originally had them? For example, I now have a knight who has a pair of T7-01s (1 has original influence, the other has been reset to 1). The same happened on a warrior with Vette and a hunter with Torian. I don't know if that's what you meant, Eric, but it's sure "odd" in my book.

I'm not of the complaining kind, but this time I'll make an exception. Your patch notes are ridiculous! Unless you haven't mentionned everything that has been corrected, you're showing profound disrespect to your players. "To prevent exploitive behavior, the treasure chest has been removed from Ood Bnar’s Cave in the Ancient Ruins on Ossus": was this the most urgent bug you needed to correct? Edited by snordoc
typo

Patch notes are up! I was waiting until maintenance was concluded :).

-eric

And here they are (for those who can't be arsed to look):

1. Granny has been found! Various decorations will now show their correct appearance instead of the text “Missing Granny”.
  2. Galactic headhunters have been successful in restoring a number of male head options which were not showing up as intended.
  3. Thanks to the work of Alliance diplomats, Darth Hexid’s bitter grudge against Paxton Rall has been partially alleviated; Players who acquire Paxton Rall will no longer see Darth Hexid become unsummonable. Note: Players who are already in this state will be resolved in 5.10.1.
  4. To prevent exploitive behavior, the treasure chest has been removed from Ood Bnar’s Cave in the Ancient Ruins on Ossus.
  5. Corrected an issue where in rare circumstances players would score every time they picked up the Huttball

How do I never know about exploits until after they are fixed? :rolleyes:

Nothing much more to those patchnotes than was previously stated. I strongly suspect what's left of the SWTOR staff had too much Christmas and are off sick so this is all they could manage* :p Whilst I'm annoyed about the GSF weekly malarky not being fixed and my lack of Quinn(s), I'm hoping that between now and the end of Feb they can gather an army of staff together make us a list to acknowledge they recognise specific issues and state specifically what is being fixed in the next patch. I suspect that maintenance is likely to last 24hrs!

*There may also be a donut issue - blame Brexit - our PM had Krispy Kream delivered under armed guard today - if the devs are having a donut famine, it's her fault :D

Edited by Sarova

When will you fix inflection bug that denies players to start the story? Is it to much to ask? A bit of professionalism would be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God damn biofarts not doing anything. Who the hell was even exploiting a chest that gives you nothing of value, dear god.... 6 hours for a bunch of vague cr*p

Six hours of downtime and that's all the patch fixed?! And you gave us the GSF crystal weekly again?! Dozens of decorations still broken by 5.10! Companions still not fighting with you! Set item bonuses still not stacking with the new gear! How did removing a CHEST from a cave rate higher priority than fixing problems that actually prevent people from playing your game?!

This goes beyond simple incompetence and reaches the realm of deliberate disregard by Keith and company. Disgusting. If you can't be donkeyed to maintain your game while drawing your salary, you shouldn't ask us to keep paying for full access to it.

Edited by AscendingSky

I'm not of the complaining kind, but this time I'll make an exception. Your patch notes are ridiculous! Unless you haven't mention everything that has been corrected, you're showing profound disrespect to your players. "To prevent exploitive behavior, the treasure chest has been removed from Ood Bnar’s Cave in the Ancient Ruins on Ossus": was this the most urgent bug you needed to correct?

Exploits, most of the time, rise close to the top of the list of things they fix first.

Absolutely first is any error preventing sales (or wrong prices) on the GTN.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Six hours of downtime and that's all the patch fixed?!

How did removing a CHEST from a cave rate higher priority than fixing problems that actually prevent people from playing your game?!

I highly doubt it was based solely on "priority" .

Typically, it's based more on: ease of patching the particular bug, and all potential related code implications/repricussions forth with, as well as any extra time needed to properly QA all fixed issues.

I don't think it's the Dev Team sitting around twiddling their thumbs while twisting their mustaches, wondering "hmm how can we anger the vocal minority today?" and then alt-tabbing to 'Anthem' for kicks.

But hey, go ahead and enjoy your rage & conspiricies! :D

Edited by Nee-Elder

Typically, it's based more on: ease of patching the particular bug, and all potential related code implications/repricussions forth with, as well as any extra time needed to properly QA all fixed issues.

I don't think it's the Dev Team sitting around twiddling their thumbs while twisting their mustaches, wondering "hmm how can we anger the vocal minority today?" and then alt-tabbing to 'Anthem' for kicks.

I think the bolded is accurate to what they're doing, minus much "wondering" at all

Edited by Rollbacks

No, it's pretty clear they're working on something else at least most of the time.

After patchnote 5.10b I cannot start playing the game. Instead there is the following error:

"This applicayion has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

It never happened before 5.10b

I lol'd. My new signature!

Edited by Ardrossan

Don't be silly...nobody who has seen Eric or Keith thinks this...only Charles has a mustache ;)