Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bug Report: Story progress treated as farther along that it really is

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Bug Report: Story progress treated as farther along that it really is
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

12.31.2011 , 12:07 AM | #1
Alert: Minor spoilers here, but without them I can't really describe the bug.

Not sure where to post this, but here goes for what it's worth. FYI for the devs:

So I'm playing my Inquisitor on Tatooine and complete the first mission with the new companion. I hate the guy and he disappears after the quest so I think great. But I have no crew window now (circle thingy in the bottom right - it didn't occur to me to click the crew window diamond icon above, or press 'N'). I recall Khem saying he'd wait for me on my ship so I head back there. But as we all know you can't just board your ship on the ground - you take off into orbit and effectively leave the planet. I come back and still no crew window until I finally think to click the diamond icon. This isn't the bug - just my own unawareness.

Anyway, as I'm returning, the synopsis text says I'm now off to Alderaan and as I'm about to exit the spaceport there's a guy with bonus mission quests. That is, some parts of the game think I'm done Tatooine, even though I just started. For that matter, the synopsis text more than a few times since I've been playing seems to jump ahead of where I actually am in the story (like before I'm still on Balmorra and the text says I'm off to Nar Shaddaa having found the objective before I actually had).

Kind of kills the immersion a bit, though it's certainly not game-breaking. You might want to look into whatever flags you have for story progress and the conditions for how they get set.

12.31.2011 , 12:11 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Please report this issue to our in game Customer Service team.

For information regarding how to report this, please see the helpcenter article here.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support