Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The login service is currently unavailable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The login service is currently unavailable
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

paulprice
01.07.2019 , 09:38 PM | #361
Oh well, keeps me occupied refreshing this thread.
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Vant
01.07.2019 , 09:38 PM | #362
Flip the switch on Clark.

MasterFaded
01.07.2019 , 09:38 PM | #363
Legit came back like a week ago, honestly it's nice to have these MMO issues again. It's so nostalgic

NarfHerder
01.07.2019 , 09:39 PM | #364
Quote: Originally Posted by Colm-Cillian View Post
If its been down this long, and yall know its down, then why hasnt the server status page or the alerts page been updated to reflect that? I just spent 2 hours trying to troubleshoot my machine because of that...
The servers don't show down because they aren't. It's just the login server that went on holiday. My wife stayed home today to play and hasn't logged off. She's still playing.... While I'm hitting refresh on this thread and trying to think up more IT Crowd quotes.

Dogzard
01.07.2019 , 09:39 PM | #365
Quote: Originally Posted by KarethRiker View Post
I did the same thing before finding this thread. Reddit suggest running game in compatibility mode
Won't help, the problem isn't with your personal system, the problem is with the server side... HENCE... why our devs and techs are up late at night trying to grab that Sith hamster without getting too badly singed by Darth Furrball's mini-lightning... I mean, yea, sure, it's like rubbing your socked feet on carpet and touching a doorknob, but that crap HURTS!
People were made to be loved, things were made to be used.
The problem with the world is things are being loved and people are being used.

I would rather be damned by my honesty than caged by my lies.

Halfzipp
01.07.2019 , 09:39 PM | #366
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthEnrique View Post
Don't know why you are getting like that, The servers are still down...
Its called patience. People getting pissy because the servers arent showing up isnt going to make them magically appear.
The dark side is emotion. Anger, hate, love, lust. These are what make us strong. Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

EricMusco
01.07.2019 , 09:40 PM | #367 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Colm-Cillian View Post
If its been down this long, and yall know its down, then why hasnt the server status page or the alerts page been updated to reflect that? I just spent 2 hours trying to troubleshoot my machine because they still show everything as online. ...
Apologies for any confusion, that is a fair point. Those pages are automated to reflect the status of the servers. Technically, all of our servers are available and there are people online and playing. The issue is only for new logins.

I will see if there is a way we can reflect that information better on those pages to avoid issues like this in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Halfzipp
01.07.2019 , 09:41 PM | #368
Quote: Originally Posted by NarfHerder View Post
...While I'm hitting refresh on this thread and trying to think up more IT Crowd quotes.
Please do. Best show ever lol. (one of the best at least)
The dark side is emotion. Anger, hate, love, lust. These are what make us strong. Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

cardboardbullet
01.07.2019 , 09:41 PM | #369
Anyone try sacrificing a womprat to please the server gods?

Asking for a friend...

Dogzard
01.07.2019 , 09:41 PM | #370
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Apologies for any confusion, that is a fair point. Those pages are automated to reflect the status of the servers. Technically, all of our servers are available and there are people online and playing. The issue is only for new logins.

I will see if there is a way we can reflect that information better on those pages to avoid issues like this in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

-eric
Just shoot the hamster already
People were made to be loved, things were made to be used.
The problem with the world is things are being loved and people are being used.

I would rather be damned by my honesty than caged by my lies.