Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your Thoughts - Arena Maps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Your Thoughts - Arena Maps
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: Which Arena Map is your Favorite?
Mandalorian Battle Ring 24 7.72%
Tatooine Canyon 90 28.94%
Orbital Station 45 14.47%
Corellia Square 95 30.55%
Makeb Mesa 37 11.90%
Rishi Cove 20 6.43%
Voters: 311. You may not vote on this poll

EricMusco
01.02.2019 , 10:56 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

For starters, Happy New Year to all of you! At some point, the PvP team is likely to start work on a new Arena map. One thing that the team requested is really understanding what each of you like and don't like about the current maps.

Among all of our Arena maps, which one if your favorite?

Please answer that question in this threads poll. Then, let us know in this thread why is that one your favorite? Also, feel free to add which Arena is your least favorite, and why? Be as specific as possible.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Freiden
01.02.2019 , 11:31 AM | #2
I personally prefer Corellia Square for two main reasons: You are unable to target your opposing team making planning a bit harder (at least for solo queueing) and the area is not designed in such a way that it obviously favors classes with knockbacks and/or charge abilities.
It is a bigger map than most of the others (at least it feels that way) making it possible to have some interesting situations occur instead of everybody being forced into the same little cirlcle to fight for dominance; using the same obstacles to kite around and so on.
It also differs from many of the other maps where the trend is to have two levels with walkways. Only other map that really does this is the Tatooine Canyon.

MackPol
01.02.2019 , 11:40 AM | #3
Happy New Year to all.

Tatooine Canyon I think is best. It has enough open area to fight, LoS objects in the middle and on the elevation too. Elevation helps ranged but not too much and it’s quite easily accessible for all. There isn’t many objects to impair movements, huts provide hiding spots but they aren’t too far so can be reached by chaser relatively quickly. Overall area has a good size. Doesn’t seem too buggy and everyone can be on even enough terms.

Orbital station and Corellia are also good and for the same reasons I think.

Rishi Cove is probably the worst.

xordevoreaux
01.02.2019 , 11:40 AM | #4
I"m not much at all of a PVP'r so I don't really have a lot to add, but borrowing old geometry to make a new map doesn't make for a new experience.

If we zigged left on a previous map and now we're looking at old content and forced to zag to the right, it's not really much of a new map.

I realize cutting and pasting old geometry is more cost efficient and less prone to problems than hauling out a graphics artist and making new content, but that "fresh" feel lends itself to such a necessity.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Batwer
01.02.2019 , 11:47 AM | #5
Are you serious?
Before the holidays is written that: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...03#edit9681903
Then cut off for almost two weeks and let us cook in front of us. Now you come back and instead of giving us feedback on how you want to continue ....But ask which of the stupid PVP maps we find the best? ....

Happy New Year
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

Banderal
01.02.2019 , 11:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MackPol View Post
Happy New Year to all.

Tatooine Canyon I think is best. It has enough open area to fight, LoS objects in the middle and on the elevation too. Elevation helps ranged but not too much and it’s quite easily accessible for all. There isn’t many objects to impair movements, huts provide hiding spots but they aren’t too far so can be reached by chaser relatively quickly. Overall area has a good size. Doesn’t seem too buggy and everyone can be on even enough terms.

Orbital station and Corellia are also good and for the same reasons I think.

Rishi Cove is probably the worst.
Happy new year and thank you for writing that. You saved me a paragraph! I'll just say "ditto".

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

Seterade
01.02.2019 , 12:13 PM | #7
Orbital Station
  • Offers excellent LOS without too much, at spawns, on ground and up top.
  • Offers Knock Back Strats, "hang back" strats for low tier classes, and both bottom and top with rail placement offer good melee combat and stratigal positioning for Knock back strats
  • Offers a large variety of "stlth out" and heal places while at the same time making them hard to chase because they exist in ever corner and map is large enough that when you start chasing you better have good idea of starting point
  • Map is small enough that chasing one or 2 people down isnt hard but large enough for any class to run away and LOS heal

All in all I personaly think its your best made map, and its the one I look forward to the most playing when my load screen shows up.

to the nay sayers... I want to remind you of something. arenas operate of very simple concepts, LOS, map size, elevation and "pocket corners" for healing. considering they have like 6 maps I dont think its fair to complain about recycling strats... when there isnt any other strats to factor for.

menofhorror
01.02.2019 , 12:20 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
Are you serious?
Before the holidays is written that: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...03#edit9681903
Then cut off for almost two weeks and let us cook in front of us. Now you come back and instead of giving us feedback on how you want to continue ....But ask which of the stupid PVP maps we find the best? ....

Happy New Year
Or you know, employees going to well deserved holiday?
Are you serious with this?

Qouivandes
01.02.2019 , 12:30 PM | #9
I actually cringe every time i spawn into an arena. while i can PVP a little, the pressure involved in arenas will often see me just pressing buttons in the mad hopes of doing some type of damage before i die...which is usually quick.

however, if i have to say which arena map i like i would have to say Tatooine as it has a nice battle ground in the center that can LOS as well as buildings on either end that can turn into a haven or death trap.
*”˜˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜”* The Cer'qeuil Legacy *”˜.•°*”˜˜”*°•.˜˜”*
•°*”˜.•°*”˜˜.•°*”˜ Ebon Hawk ˜”*°•. ˜˜”*°•.˜”*°•
. This is my referral link. We both get some goodies so feel free to click and earn

Batwer
01.02.2019 , 12:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by menofhorror View Post
Or you know, employees going to well deserved holiday?
Are you serious with this?
Then they should have listened to the people on the PTS server. That with the mods and enhancements was not announced. Besides, I'm talking about after vacation. They could have said something now ...
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6