Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Paying to Beta Test

FeraWinn
12.30.2011 , 10:50 PM | #1
In approximately three weeks this game will require everyone to start to pay to play this "finished" game, it is my opinion this game was launch far too soon and with an expansive array of game breaking bugs with zero acknowledgement of fixes on the horizon. After viewing the patch notes that listed such fixes as: fixed the inability to emote while riding your mount and fixes to the ending credits, I have very little faith that the SERIOUS issues will be addressed. I have submitted no less that 20 bug reports/pleas for CSR help, 8 of which came in one night running the Eternity Vault only to receive the same "f-u automated response message" from some pretend costumer service droid which is a real low-class attempt at humor when a paying customer is seeking assistance.

So far the issues have involved the following "game-breaking" bugs.

1. Level 50 hard mode instances dropping gear as if the flashpoint was being run at the appropriate lower level setting (example: Taral V final boss dropping level 33 gear)

2. After days of running flashpoints accruing a total of 2 social points over the course of these sessions. Good luck ranking up your social rank at this rate.

3. Inability to gain light/dark points after your reach a certain total value as if it is "capped".

4. Flashpoint quests do not appropriately complete/update if you are dead when the objective, example- the boss dying, is completed.

5. Eternity Vault fights not appropriately resetting after a raid wipe resulting in bugged encounters and requiring a complete reset of the Operation.

6. During warfronts, allies failing to appear on the raid vitals and/or health bars failing to update entirely. Good luck healers, use the force!

7. Schematics that drop in the Eternity Vault create BOP items, result - completely broken crafting system. (Pro tip: no reason anyone shouldn't be biochem)

8. Master Looting items causes all items to be unlootable...why is this feature even in the game?

9. Absolute zero clarification as to how the loot system works in the Operation, randomly preassigned gear is an unacceptable system or at least allow for alternative.

10. If you beat Soa/The Infernal One while a raid member is trapped in a mindtrap, they will be ineligible for any loot and will be force to just exit area and suck on that middle finger Bioware is flipping while laughing to the bank.

Thats just my top ten, I could go on and on, but my question boils down to this: DID ANYONE BETA TEST THIS GAME OR ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS GOING TO BE PAYING TO DO SO IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS TIME?

A little acknowledgement of issues and promises of fixes go along way.
Speaking to a CSR instead of receiving automated f-u's from some ha-ha fan bois will love our CSR droid, would go along way.

Some helpful hints with your costumer service/over game before the hype of launch wears off and people start seeing the cracks in The Old Republics armor.

/rant off

DeiVias
12.30.2011 , 10:56 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by FeraWinn View Post

10. If you beat Soa/The Infernal One while a raid member is trapped in a mindtrap, they will be ineligible for any loot and will be force to just exit area and suck on that middle finger Bioware is flipping while laughing to the bank.

/rant off
wow you actually got to do IFO?

Our normal, hard and even nightmare modes are bugged and we cant get to him.
Our raid lock outs didnt reset either.

But anyway +1, everything you said i agree with.

oh one other thing FIX RESOLVE, for the love of all that is holy fix resolve.

Coconutmunkee
12.30.2011 , 11:05 PM | #3
As far as social points go, I know of two people that quest together.. they're only level 30 and at Social rank 5. I don't see a problem with this. I don't think it's intended that you can just run flashpoints over and over to level it.

And to your beta test comment. I tested from Dec. 2010 to Dec. 2011 and had you seen the game a year ago.. you would have probably imploded (based on how you're reacting now) and stabbed a kitten to death.
They travel single file to hide their numbers..
All the way to Alderaan
Lost Remnants

Rankyn
12.30.2011 , 11:19 PM | #4
"Paying to Beta Test" has always been one of my favorite phrases.

No, you're paying to play a constantly evolving game that's infinitely more complex than any single-player game.

There will ALWAYS be bugs because, as it turns out, programming MMO's is hard.

FeraWinn
12.30.2011 , 11:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Coconutmunkee View Post
As far as social points go, I know of two people that quest together.. they're only level 30 and at Social rank 5. I don't see a problem with this. I don't think it's intended that you can just run flashpoints over and over to level it.

And to your beta test comment. I tested from Dec. 2010 to Dec. 2011 and had you seen the game a year ago.. you would have probably imploded (based on how you're reacting now) and stabbed a kitten to death.
Doing Flashpoint for the daily quest does not mean grinding up social points, however when running a 4-man Esseless (sic?) at level 50 and walking out with a total of zero social points instead of roughly the 200 or so you have earned, its a bit disheartening.

Yes, I am aware of the extensive beta testing done for this game, but that does not assuage the sheer mind numbing number of bugs and help me to go, "Oh- this is acceptable...they beta tested for a over a year", nor is it a valid excuse for Bioware's lack of attentiveness to these details. In fact, that only adds to my dismay and concern that these issues are either being overtly ignored or they have little idea of how to resolve them. It has been stated that they are understaffed to provide their player-base appropriate server forums, I am concerned perhaps they are understaffed to provide a polished product.

Let me add two more for fun:

11) The entire raid is stuck in combat after you defeat the Infernal One so anyone who is dead can not be revived. Using slip away or any similar abilities only result in the player instantly returning to a combat state.

12) After defeating Gharj in the Eternity Vault players randomly dropping dead. One rather hilarious instance of this occurred when a member of our raid dropped dead inside Carrick Station while attempting to respec.