Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why is Bioware so silent on major gear issues from 5.10?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is Bioware so silent on major gear issues from 5.10?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Opiklo's Avatar


Opiklo
12.20.2018 , 09:33 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullyabass View Post
i feel you may have spectacularly missed the point about gearing in pvp AND the point of warzones

Which is an impressive 2 for the price of 1 post

Well played
so my fellow regstar.. then please explain to me how i miss the point of warzones if i am in it to win it?
and could you please disprove my point with numbers and facts? (that the avaerage skill level is just too bad for gear to matter)

thanks for the insult i hate you too
Loveskephess Legacy on Satele Shan (Team Schranke)
Neidmeer / Alpentraumpilger / Cartel Market Warlordz on Tulak Hord

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
12.20.2018 , 11:45 AM | #32 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
The silence from Bioware on gear issues from 5.10 is ridiculous. There are two major issues with gear right now:

https://imgur.com/a/TzELWea

#1 - Mods and Enhancements are bound to a particular piece of gear (ie main hand, chest, etc). I understand the armoring pieces being piece bound but mods and enhancements being bound makes zero sense and doesn't allow anyone to min / max their gear.

#2 - The new set pieces do not mix and match with the old set pieces. Now, we basically have to farm six new pieces of gear before we can upgrade any of our armorings.

Whose brilliant ideas where these?
These are good questions, so let me try to address them.

1 - This is an intended change. That being said, we know there is definitely some friction from this change and so keep raising your concerns/feedback which I can pass to the team. We have made no secret of the fact that we know we are due for some big itemization changes to address a variety of issues around gearing. Please keep telling us what you would like to see in the future from gearing in SWTOR. We will continue to gather feedback and as we get into the next year, we will have active conversations with you about future gearing plans.

2 - This is a bug, I acknowledged it here. The reason we didn't fix it with today's patch is that addressing this issue is actually pretty substantial from our side. It will involve us not only fixing the items to work properly going forward, but we need to actually "change" the gear already in the wild to work together. That is the part that is challenging as we need to touch armorings that players are wearing without impacting the rest of their gear. We are working on a solution for this, but it is not something we could turn around in time for 5.10a.

Thank you all for your continued feedback. Bigger itemization changes will come and we will definitely talk through them with you when they get here (not soon™). Thanks all.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Opiklo's Avatar


Opiklo
12.20.2018 , 11:54 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
[color=#f9d648]These are good questions, so let me try to address them.

1 - This is an intended change. That being said, we know there is definitely some friction from this change and so keep raising your concerns/feedback which I can pass to the team. We have made no secret of the fact that we know we are due for some big itemization changes to address a variety of issues around gearing. Please keep telling us what you would like to see in the future from gearing in SWTOR. We will continue to gather feedback and as we get into the next year, we will have active conversations with you about future gearing plans.
why didnt you say that like 3 months ago..... people could have prepared for this...
you basically say that you knew we will get pissed and no one had the balls to tell us? such a weak move
but i guess the more grind the better?
i am done for now
Loveskephess Legacy on Satele Shan (Team Schranke)
Neidmeer / Alpentraumpilger / Cartel Market Warlordz on Tulak Hord

Talon_strikes's Avatar


Talon_strikes
12.20.2018 , 11:55 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
These are good questions, so let me try to address them.

1 - This is an intended change. That being said, we know there is definitely some friction from this change and so keep raising your concerns/feedback which I can pass to the team. We have made no secret of the fact that we know we are due for some big itemization changes to address a variety of issues around gearing. Please keep telling us what you would like to see in the future from gearing in SWTOR. We will continue to gather feedback and as we get into the next year, we will have active conversations with you about future gearing plans.

2 - This is a bug, I acknowledged it here. The reason we didn't fix it with today's patch is that addressing this issue is actually pretty substantial from our side. It will involve us not only fixing the items to work properly going forward, but we need to actually "change" the gear already in the wild to work together. That is the part that is challenging as we need to touch armorings that players are wearing without impacting the rest of their gear. We are working on a solution for this, but it is not something we could turn around in time for 5.10a.

Thank you all for your continued feedback. Bigger itemization changes will come and we will definitely talk through them with you when they get here (not soon™). Thanks all.

-eric
Eric, can we just have 4.0 gearing back? No one wanted this grind for the sake of grind. This is not fun and further perpetuates the gear disparity in PvP.
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

DarthYun's Avatar


DarthYun
12.20.2018 , 12:15 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
These are good questions, so let me try to address them.

1 - This is an intended change. That being said, we know there is definitely some friction from this change and so keep raising your concerns/feedback which I can pass to the team. We have made no secret of the fact that we know we are due for some big itemization changes to address a variety of issues around gearing. Please keep telling us what you would like to see in the future from gearing in SWTOR. We will continue to gather feedback and as we get into the next year, we will have active conversations with you about future gearing plans.

-eric
This literally makes ZERO sense. You say we are due for big changes so you make the last tier before these changes an extra pain in the *** and super mega annoying to optimise???? It sounds like you have absolutely no clue why this was done, your reasoning behind it is absolutely flawed.
pre nerf Bane of Baneful Banthas
Pre Nerf Bane of Izax
Pre Nerf Revanchist
Deposer of the Fortress
Conqueror of the Dread Masters
2014 Revanchist
World First Tyth
World First Repside Sisters pre 248 gear
Server First EC timed
pre nerf ravenchist
post buff raven
pre German world first repside Nahut (0 deaths)
World 1st Izax repside without memes
World 1st Izax 15.5m (also without memes but with meme people)
world 2nd original roster Gods Timed (no kicks)
World 2nd timed without exploits (knightmera poweru)
world first main repside team gods timed nim impside timed run timed (nightmare power)
World 1st Collicoid Queen 8m HM (no graba jerba)
World 1st Collicoid Queer 16m HM (no enrage 5 stack ez timed)

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
12.20.2018 , 12:20 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
1 - This is an intended change. That being said, we know there is definitely some friction from this change and so keep raising your concerns/feedback which I can pass to the team. We have made no secret of the fact that we know we are due for some big itemization changes to address a variety of issues around gearing. Please keep telling us what you would like to see in the future from gearing in SWTOR. We will continue to gather feedback and as we get into the next year, we will have active conversations with you about future gearing plans.
Personally I don't find this a satisfying change. The ability to swap non-armoring modifications around allowed us the "consolation prize" of being able to improve or otherwise optimize the worst modifications in our other items if we happened to get duplicate pieces that we don't need. It made the RNG element a lot more palatable. For longterm enjoyment of the progression system, I think reversing this change is a must.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

KShafe's Avatar


KShafe
12.20.2018 , 12:24 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
These are good questions, so let me try to address them.

1 - This is an intended change. That being said, we know there is definitely some friction from this change and so keep raising your concerns/feedback which I can pass to the team. We have made no secret of the fact that we know we are due for some big itemization changes to address a variety of issues around gearing. Please keep telling us what you would like to see in the future from gearing in SWTOR. We will continue to gather feedback and as we get into the next year, we will have active conversations with you about future gearing plans.

2 - This is a bug, I acknowledged it here. The reason we didn't fix it with today's patch is that addressing this issue is actually pretty substantial from our side. It will involve us not only fixing the items to work properly going forward, but we need to actually "change" the gear already in the wild to work together. That is the part that is challenging as we need to touch armorings that players are wearing without impacting the rest of their gear. We are working on a solution for this, but it is not something we could turn around in time for 5.10a.

Thank you all for your continued feedback. Bigger itemization changes will come and we will definitely talk through them with you when they get here (not soon™). Thanks all.

-eric

seriously.. ***. how stupid can Devs get? that's our feedback. you are now telling us how to gear? we can't have any input on our own? are you looking to lose what remaining subs you have?

im done spending money in Cartel Market until this is fixed. at least I can speak with my wallet.
StarStyder - Combat Sentinel

jimmorrisson's Avatar


jimmorrisson
12.20.2018 , 12:24 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by screaming_ziva View Post
... the silence from bioware on gear issues from 5.10 is ridiculous.
There are two major issues with gear right now: https://imgur.com/a/tzelwea

#1 - mods and enhancements are bound to a particular piece of gear (ie main hand, chest, etc).

I understand the armoring pieces being piece bound but mods and enhancements being bound makes zero sense and doesn't allow anyone to min / max their gear.
Quote: Originally Posted by ericmusco View Post

1 - this is an intended change.

That being said, we know there is definitely some friction from this change and so keep raising your concerns/feedback which i can pass to the team.

We have made no secret of the fact that we know we are due for some big itemization changes to address a variety of issues around gearing.

Please keep telling us what you would like to see in the future from gearing in swtor. We will continue to gather feedback and as we get into the next year, we will have active conversations with you about future gearing plans.

...

Bigger itemization changes will come and we will definitely talk through them with you when they get here (not soon™).


Gotcha.

Ossus gear is not for ALTs or Legacy.




BenKatarn's Avatar


BenKatarn
12.20.2018 , 12:27 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

1 - This is an intended change. That being said, we know there is definitely some friction from this change and so keep raising your concerns/feedback which I can pass to the team. We have made no secret of the fact that we know we are due for some big itemization changes to address a variety of issues around gearing. Please keep telling us what you would like to see in the future from gearing in SWTOR. We will continue to gather feedback and as we get into the next year, we will have active conversations with you about future gearing plans.
I know this is going to sound rude, but isn't shouting "Stop messing with gearing" all the time not clear enough?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

LordDarrack's Avatar


LordDarrack
12.20.2018 , 12:29 PM | #40
Seriously what Muppet in your team actually thought this was a good idea?

Pretty much makes up my mind regarding my continuation of this game - good work.

Be safe
"The Experience of Survival is the key to the Gravity of Love"