Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Better to play on a heavy/full server?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Better to play on a heavy/full server?

Dabrixmgp
12.30.2011 , 08:30 PM | #1
I was on a low population server in both WoW and Everquest and it sucked. Was so bad even in a guild we couldnt do anything and trying to form PuGs was impossible. Should I stick to heavy populated servers to avoid this? Also other than queues are there any disadvantages to playing on a full server? Seems like they would be best because more people = more groups and also more guilds. Also is there anywhere to find out actual breakdowns of republic:empire ratios? I dont wanna end up on a server that says full but its really 90% republic and 10% Empire or the other way around.

BlackRifle
12.30.2011 , 10:10 PM | #2
I may get flamed for this, but I'll say it anyway. Please don't join any of the older and full servers. It just creates more queues at login. We already have enough queues.

As time goes on, more people may join your newer or light server. Seriously, if every new player would just join the light servers, every server would have plenty of players.

I'm not asking to be flamed, I'm just being honest.

jaszunne
12.30.2011 , 10:48 PM | #3
^ I'm agreeing with the poster above.

I do believe BioWare has even asked if newer players would help to populate Light / Standard realms.

Vizzual
12.30.2011 , 10:54 PM | #4
If a server says full...there really is no benifit from starting there over lets say a heavy populated server. both have way more than enough players on them. I would say leave very heavy and full servers alone. If you want a populated server goto a heavy.

Random_Axcess
12.30.2011 , 11:06 PM | #5
a full server gives a false sense of player population these are not open world. Everything is heavily instanced so even on the fullest server you can see ghost towns in the wrong instance.