Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Help me choose the class i main from MY point of view.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Help me choose the class i main from MY point of view.

Holytoker's Avatar


Holytoker
12.13.2011 , 06:50 PM | #1
I can't decide between Shadow or Sentinel, if you could... could you help me out? I mainly play mmo's for World PvP, and on the side i like battlegrounds and raids...

Pro for sentinel are
  • Least played class
  • 12 second cooldown gap closer
  • 15% speed increase (combat) 2nd gap closer but at a 3rd of the range (focus)
  • two light sabers... i mean come on it looks amazing... (mix and match crystal colors are fun imo)
  • Early game is faster level and easier (in my opinion)

Pro for shadow are
  • Stealth system good for world pvp (pick my fights)
  • when i want to pve i CAN tank if i choose to
  • a lot more slow/snares at the cost of the huge gap closers (which are useless if they are in cover)
  • Amazing looking skills but throwing a single saber looks cool too...

if you have any other pros for the classes i'll gladly add it if i will effect my opinion on the class.

Rivanwarder's Avatar


Rivanwarder
12.13.2011 , 06:52 PM | #2
I feel the same way.

Cant choose between Assassin or Marauder.

Holytoker's Avatar


Holytoker
12.13.2011 , 06:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Rivanwarder View Post
I feel the same way.

Cant choose between Assassin or Marauder.
lol i feel for you even more though, because sith is SOOOOO populated so it's 3 times harder to choose xD... and i love being on servers that we are the minor population... more people to kill xD

Somewherehiding's Avatar


Somewherehiding
12.13.2011 , 07:00 PM | #4
Pick the class with the most utility. Being assassin and DPS class characters most of my MMO history, I've always found myself in situations where I was in the shadow of other DPS classes and had nothing more to offer... and there are a lot of DPS classes.

So I'd go with Shadow, unless you are extremely passionate about DPS and damage meters :P

Introspective's Avatar


Introspective
12.13.2011 , 07:01 PM | #5
If you play mainly for world pvp, then I'd recommend the stealth and control of the Shadow.

Holytoker's Avatar


Holytoker
12.13.2011 , 07:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Somewherehiding View Post
Pick the class with the most utility. Being assassin and DPS class characters most of my MMO history, I've always found myself in situations where I was in the shadow of other DPS classes and had nothing more to offer... and there are a lot of DPS classes.

So I'd go with Shadow, unless you are extremely passionate about DPS and damage meters :P
understandable, but no dmg doesn't matter to me as long as i win the fight haha. Thank you for your imput, it seems like shadow is winning by a lot...

Holytoker's Avatar


Holytoker
12.13.2011 , 07:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Introspective View Post
If you play mainly for world pvp, then I'd recommend the stealth and control of the Shadow.
Although i gladly agree with you... but knowing shadow is played more then sentinel it puts an edge on my side because you typically don't fight them as much... Thank you for your imput, it seems like shadow is winning by a lot...

Introspective's Avatar


Introspective
12.13.2011 , 07:11 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Holytoker View Post
Although i gladly agree with you... but knowing shadow is played more then sentinel it puts an edge on my side because you typically don't fight them as much... Thank you for your imput, it seems like shadow is winning by a lot...
During my time in the beta, I found that Sentinels were more common than Shadows. I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. Not that it really matters, imho, because Jedi of both Consular and Knight varieties are the most common classes on the faction.

Honestly, just close your eyes and imagine yourself pwning the **** out of some fool. How do you see yourself killing them?

JonnyBigBoss's Avatar


JonnyBigBoss
12.13.2011 , 07:13 PM | #9
I choose Shadow.