Inflection Point: Always "default choices"?!

mdahm

I finished all clas story arcs, Forged Alliances, Shadow of Revan, KOTFE, KOTET, Iokath, and Fractured Alliances with most of my toons.

But no matter which toon I use to pick up the mission "Inflection point" to start the Ossus story, I get warned that all these stories will be completed (okay for me) --- AND that default choices for my class will be made.

It doesn't say that default choices will only be made for the cases I didn't complete myself (if there are any at all) - it just generally tells me that default choices will be made - period.

Now maybe I'm a bit too skeptical after several unhappy experiences in swtor, but can anyone confirm me that the game will respect the actual choices I made and only will use defaults for the few story points I may not have reached with some toon?

This is not the only place with really poor wording in 5.10, btw. After actually being bold enough to continue in said situation, for the next step of the mission "Inflection point" I was told to "meet with Lana". Yeah, okay, I will. Erm - any clue where I might find her, please? Summoning her as my companion didn't help. Luckily, I had an idea that she could be on Odessen, because I played KOFTE and KOTET - but why are newbies left alone here? People who actually skipped all the stories to get to Ossus right away won't have any idea what to do on that mission step. This can easily be avoided by writing "...meet with Lana on Odessen" in the mission text. Effort: 5 minutes (including localizations).

as it stands, no. for me its naffing up the companions lists still, im just refusing todo anything else going forwards because i have a feeling another rollback is coming. And you find lana on oddeson, the allaince base. Edited by Shingara

Or these are the default choices your character makes anyway.

I checked my companions' status before starting Jedi Under Siege. My character had Aric exiled, and chose Vette over Torian. Yet when I start the new storyline, I suddenly have Aric and Torian as companions again, and Vette is dead. My interactions with other companions are also erased.

My question is, is this due to the Fractured Alliance not being completed.; i.e. Facing the Machines of War. I've tried to run that damn OP so many times and have never gotten past the 2nd boss; even in story mode. SO, how the hell do you get to keep your existing choices?

My question is, is this due to the Fractured Alliance not being completed.; i.e. Facing the Machines of War. I've tried to run that damn OP so many times and have never gotten past the 2nd boss; even in story mode. SO, how the hell do you get to keep your existing choices?

This should have nothing to do with Facing the Machines of War. That was not a story quest and had no impact on companions anyway.

Or these are the default choices your character makes anyway.

I checked my companions' status before starting Jedi Under Siege. My character had Aric exiled, and chose Vette over Torian. Yet when I start the new storyline, I suddenly have Aric and Torian as companions again, and Vette is dead. My interactions with other companions are also erased.

My LS Jedi chose Torian over Vette but that choice remained correct for me.

• Dev Post
We'll update the messaging to be more consistent - it should all specifically call out that default decisions are only used where no decision has been made yet. No decision you've made should be overriddenl; if you encounter anything like that, please report it!

We'll update the messaging to be more consistent - it should all specifically call out that default decisions are only used where no decision has been made yet. No decision you've made should be overriddenl; if you encounter anything like that, please report it!

The text in the quest log says that it only uses default choices when a choice in that regard has not yet been made. However, when you actually click on the quest and you have that little cutscene, it says that it will use default choices.

Here is a screenshot.

Edited by BenKatarn

That's exactly the problem. Torian is the default choice.

Not for Republic characters. Per this post:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=956483

Vette is default for Republic and SW characters. Torian is default for all other Imperial characters.

The character I'm using is a LS Jedi Knight. Her default choice would have been Vette but I chose Torian. That choice has remained.

Should we even be getting that message if we completed the story, i have done every chapter bar shroud of memory that was behind a paywall and i was ill and unable to be subbed at that time so im shafted on that one. my chars stuff is messed up again the second time around and requires a rollback, can we get some new info on this situation pretty please.

I saw that pop up too and was done with the story. So far I believe my choices have stuck. But it's been 3 years since this story started so I don't even remember anymore. The one thing I did note is make sure you finish your Alliance Alerts it did clear all of those out. I had just done the final FP on the one I ran through so I think I may have missed Vector's return on my op.

Yeah, Risha and my exoboar are the only two I brought up to 50 and Risha is locked out and cannot be summoned any more. She can't even go on crew missions.

EDIT: None of my original crew are available.

Never mind. They did get sent back to the terminal. I had retrieved them before and now have to do it again. It seems that some things I chose in the past were negated when I took this mission.

Edited by battycoda

The text in the quest log says that it only uses default choices when a choice in that regard has not yet been made. However, when you actually click on the quest and you have that little cutscene, it says that it will use default choices.

Here is a screenshot.

I think that sentence is operating on the unspoken assuming that it doesn't apply if you've already completed those arcs.

Soo, I did complete all the story missions up to this point, even got the main mission pointing me to pick up "Inflection Point" in my personal starship.

This would mean I've actually made my own choices throughout all the story missions I finished before.

So, with this in mind, I was ready to forge ahead, "sure thing, I'm alright with default decisions where none have been made yet" etc. I din't finish all the alerts yet, but that didn't really bother me.

Playing with my LS Jedi Sentinel, there seem to be some inconsistencies anyway.

I did finish the alert where I get Rusk back, So now there's "Provost Marshal Rusk" in my companions list .... but at the bottom I see "Sergeant Fideltin Rusk" has been added anew ...

So, as a few other people have posted, the characters I had gotten back trough the terminal did go away again (Kira Carsen, Lord Scourge .. even my C2-N2 ... is there) which is noticable in the second screenshot.

But, please explain me why Empress Acina seems to have died, while my character chose the Empire when the time came to choose sides on Iokath and it had been Jace Malcom on the throne?

Does this mean Malcom will return in my current story as an antagonist, or, even with the text stating she's dead, does my character forge forward with Acina as I continue my support for the Empire?

I'd love to have any explenation for this :confused:

Edited by Epytherion

• 2 weeks later...
Soo, I did complete all the story missions up to this point, even got the main mission pointing me to pick up "Inflection Point" in my personal starship.

This would mean I've actually made my own choices throughout all the story missions I finished before.

So, with this in mind, I was ready to forge ahead, "sure thing, I'm alright with default decisions where none have been made yet" etc. I din't finish all the alerts yet, but that didn't really bother me.

Playing with my LS Jedi Sentinel, there seem to be some inconsistencies anyway.

I did finish the alert where I get Rusk back, So now there's "Provost Marshal Rusk" in my companions list .... but at the bottom I see "Sergeant Fideltin Rusk" has been added anew ...

( C2-N2 ... is there also) which is noticable in the second screenshot.

I'd love to have any explenation for this :confused:

I have the exact same problem on my Jedi Sentinel and i find it disturbing (disturbing that you released something that is "broken"). Some people take the companion and story things "seriously", thus you should release a game update after everything is tested and working properly. Also after i started the Inflection Mission, i recall i received two texts with: Torian Cadera has joined you as a companion and another one as well (can't remember which one). The alliance alert with doctor lokin (the one with the rakghoul event) is gone but that doesnt bother me much. What i also noticed is the texts by Arcann are gone (under the companion Interactions).

Something is very wrong and not working properly.

How do we tell whether it registers Empress Acina dead vs Jace Malcolm? My LS Consular sided with the empire on Iokath (they supported the Alliance against Vaylin while the republic just kowtowed to her) and she seemed sincere in her desire to reshape the nature of the empire) but Republic on Ossus (she’s still a Jedi).

Looks like I need to check on it this weekend, so knowing what to look for would be helpful...

Edited by VelvetSanity

I did the story on my LS Sage and DS Juggernaut. Those toons already made pretty much all the default choices (Jugg killed Arcann and Senya, spared Theron, chose Vette over Torian, killed Scorpio, Sage redeemed Arcann and Senya, spared Theron, spared Scorpio).

I had my Vanguard skip the content after having finished up to and including Ziost.

1) Two copies of Aric: the "part of Alliance" copy in default KOTFE armor, influence level 1, and the "Trooper companion" copy, "whereabouts unknown," at the influence level I worked him up to and in the gear I'd placed on him before skipping KOTFE/ET etc.

2) Elara was returned to me in Iokath default armor, the Ziost gear I'd placed on her was returned to my inventory. I put it back on her and it was later deleted altogether, the gear is gone and Elara is back in her Iokath default gear.

3) My vanguard is not permitted to do Iokath dailies. Mission board is empty; troop deployment terminal only says my forces are not ready for deployment.

I'm unwilling to do the Ossus storyline on any other toons for fear that the choices they made will be overwritten. My mercenary even romanced Koth, kissed him at the start of KOTET Chapter 9, and I fear that on starting Ossus, Koth will be removed as having been killed and the romance will be ended.

It explicitly states in the mission accept dialog "if those choices haven't already been made"

I haven't gotten far yet but it has already mentioned my interaction with Malora on Korriban, so some choices at least persist.

No, it doesn't. I just went to accept the mission literally 5 minutes agoand it says no such thing about "already being made". It only states "using default choices".

Here's proof: https://www.flickr.com/photos/drachehexe/46499595181/in/dateposted-public/

Edited by Drachehexe