Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Names of the months in SW?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Names of the months in SW?

stevesss
12.13.2011 , 06:39 PM | #1
do the months in star wars have different names? is there 12?

i tried to find out on the internet but to no avail!

maybe one of you crazy hardcore star wars lore people can help me out?
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."
- Boba Fett

Chefmann
12.13.2011 , 06:54 PM | #2
I don't have the answer for this but I would like to know as well.

Seyyal
12.13.2011 , 07:00 PM | #3
i would think in a galactic society it wouldnt matter much.

because each planet would be different. different day lengths etc. if a particular planet doesnt wobble as earth does then it would be a constant season and months wouldn't mean much
"He's no good to me dead"

Sqrl
12.13.2011 , 07:02 PM | #4
I would assume each planet has it's own way of tracking time due to varying lengths of day and planetary orbits around their suns.

And then I would assume there's some kind of unified dating system. (Example Star Date: etc etc.)

I notice on the timeline in the holonet the entries are BTC and ATC. (Before/After The Treaty of Couruscant.) So we have evidence of some kind of yearly system, but no idea about how long this is relative to a year in RL.

I guess all we can say with certainty at this point is there is 456 months per year in SWTOR.

Gatran
12.13.2011 , 07:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
I would assume each planet has it's own way of tracking time due to varying lengths of day and planetary orbits around their suns.

And then I would assume there's some kind of unified dating system. (Example Star Date: etc etc.)

I notice on the timeline in the holonet the entries are BTC and ATC. (Before/After The Treaty of Couruscant.) So we have evidence of some kind of yearly system, but no idea about how long this is relative to a year in RL.

I guess all we can say with certainty at this point is there is 456 months per year in SWTOR.
Since we can travel at light speed it also makes it more possible to have a universal date
◅▭∭∭∭∰∰⊑₪₪╣████████████████████████████████████)

stevesss
12.13.2011 , 07:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Seyyal View Post
i would think in a galactic society it wouldnt matter much.

because each planet would be different. different day lengths etc. if a particular planet doesnt wobble as earth does then it would be a constant season and months wouldn't mean much
good point.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."
- Boba Fett

ShadowQuell
12.13.2011 , 07:30 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post

Ok he just said what i was going to say
Two Words,"Big Gun, I Have It You Don't"

Calamanation
12.13.2011 , 07:35 PM | #8
the Galactic Standard Calendar was the standard measurement of time in the galaxy. It centered around the Coruscant Solar cycle, which was 368 days long (one day consisting of 24 standard hours).[1] Numerous epochs were used to determine calendar eras. The most recent of these calendar eras used the Battle of Yavin as its epoch, or "year zero". BBY stands for Before the Battle of Yavin, and ABY stands for After the Battle of Yavin.

pretty easy to find...

ShadowQuell
12.13.2011 , 07:37 PM | #9
How do you know this?!?!?!?!?!?! O.O
Two Words,"Big Gun, I Have It You Don't"

Ahpoch
12.13.2011 , 08:13 PM | #10
Forget calendars, ever notice no one ever goes to the bathroom! Crazy bladders! Crazy!
Ma'ha'aa Stunn
Intergalactic Smuggler
Tatooine
Formally Apoc Bliss ~ Ahazi & Ahpoch Bliss ~ Bloodfin