Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZeridanShear
11.09.2018 , 03:18 PM | #81
I see some fixes were made, but the Heroic Hold the Line was still not adjusted. It's still stupidly insane with the waves of Geonosians. 2 golds, 6 silvers, and 15+ standards at one time is ridiculous. It's slightly better now towards the end when the silvers come out 1 or 2 at a time.

Please consider re-tuning this.

casirabit
11.09.2018 , 04:30 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeridanShear View Post
I see some fixes were made, but the Heroic Hold the Line was still not adjusted. It's still stupidly insane with the waves of Geonosians. 2 golds, 6 silvers, and 15+ standards at one time is ridiculous. It's slightly better now towards the end when the silvers come out 1 or 2 at a time.

Please consider re-tuning this.
/signed.

Note: Sacred Artifact- Seems a little overtune (republic side) even my sage (252 gear dps and lv 50 companion) are dying too quick with the 2 gold elite sith. So either it is overtuned or I'm missing something.

Edit: Might be overtuned since I got the 258 gear and was able to do it. You might want to check this as the highest most people will have starting out on this is 248 so it could create a problem and it is part of the weekly, especially for solo players. For people like me that have a guild no a big deal but those that do things solo a little bit of a problem
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

kukumburr
11.14.2018 , 10:46 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
/signed.

Note: Sacred Artifact- Seems a little overtune (republic side) even my sage (252 gear dps and lv 50 companion) are dying too quick with the 2 gold elite sith. So either it is overtuned or I'm missing something.

Edit: Might be overtuned since I got the 258 gear and was able to do it. You might want to check this as the highest most people will have starting out on this is 248 so it could create a problem and it is part of the weekly, especially for solo players. For people like me that have a guild no a big deal but those that do things solo a little bit of a problem
I think the channeled attack they do is overtuned. I wasn't paying attention once and didn't interrupt them when they both started channeling and I died ridiculously fast. If I interrupt the channels immediately though it's no problem.

I got on and tried out the Imp side missions last night after the new patch and it seems like the quest givers at the Ossus Canyons speeder landing are gone, as well as the one at the Jedi Temple landing. Do you pick those up somewhere else now? I looked around and couldn't find them. Also the weekly just always says 'not eligible for pickup' and the activities window shows that I've completed the weekly already even on characters I've never done the weekly on.

casirabit
11.14.2018 , 11:47 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by kukumburr View Post
I think the channeled attack they do is overtuned. I wasn't paying attention once and didn't interrupt them when they both started channeling and I died ridiculously fast. If I interrupt the channels immediately though it's no problem.

I got on and tried out the Imp side missions last night after the new patch and it seems like the quest givers at the Ossus Canyons speeder landing are gone, as well as the one at the Jedi Temple landing. Do you pick those up somewhere else now? I looked around and couldn't find them. Also the weekly just always says 'not eligible for pickup' and the activities window shows that I've completed the weekly already even on characters I've never done the weekly on.
Haven't been on the imp side lately so I have to checked. I know on the republic side a few mission quest givers have said not eligible as well but they were having trouble with PTS so maybe that was bug. Haven't been on since they updated PTS yesterday.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Estelindis
11.15.2018 , 04:41 AM | #85
Following the most recent update, the daily heroic Hold the Line is still extremely overtuned and impossible to solo.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

DarkhenRahl
11.19.2018 , 10:42 AM | #86
Hello

just a question I ask myself: :rouler des yeux:

will do you play Jedi Assieger on Ossus directly? Or do you have to finish Knights of the Fallen Empire and Knights of the Eternal Throne ??

thx for your reponce
Il n'y a pas de Lumière s'en Ténèbres et il n'y a pas de Ténèbres s'en Lumière, mes la Lumière peut s'éteindre pas les Ténèbres...

JackieCao
11.20.2018 , 02:24 PM | #87 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Following the most recent update, the daily heroic Hold the Line is still extremely overtuned and impossible to solo.
Hey everyone,

I’m Jackie, one of the world designers working on Ossus. I’ve been reading feedback on the Ossus Daily Missions and have seen concerns about balancing for Heroics (such as the above quote). I want to clear up any confusion and highlight the design goals we have for them.

For Ossus, we want to have some more difficult content that encourages group play, something to add variety among the soloable content we have. To achieve that goal, we’re reintroducing [Heroic 4] Missions which some of you may remember from the base game. These are Heroics that will be balanced for 4 players or 2 players and 2 companions. [Heroic 4] Missions are not designed to be soloed. Players who obtain higher tiers of gear or who are higher skilled may be able to clear them solo with a companion, which we are fine with.

We appreciate the feedback given so far, so keep it coming! Be sure to include in your feedback how many players and Companions were in your group, the level of your Companions, and the groups gear level.

Thanks everyone.

-Jackie
Jackie Cao | Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

kukumburr
11.20.2018 , 04:28 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieCao View Post
Hey everyone,

I’m Jackie, one of the world designers working on Ossus. I’ve been reading feedback on the Ossus Daily Missions and have seen concerns about balancing for Heroics (such as the above quote). I want to clear up any confusion and highlight the design goals we have for them.

For Ossus, we want to have some more difficult content that encourages group play, something to add variety among the soloable content we have. To achieve that goal, we’re reintroducing [Heroic 4] Missions which some of you may remember from the base game. These are Heroics that will be balanced for 4 players or 2 players and 2 companions. [Heroic 4] Missions are not designed to be soloed. Players who obtain higher tiers of gear or who are higher skilled may be able to clear them solo with a companion, which we are fine with.

We appreciate the feedback given so far, so keep it coming! Be sure to include in your feedback how many players and Companions were in your group, the level of your Companions, and the groups gear level.

Thanks everyone.

-Jackie
Is it just Hold the Line and Supply Heist that are Heroic 4? All the other heroics seem like the same difficulty as current heroics. Also Supply Heist is way easier than Hold the Line, if only because there's a huge difference in the number of mobs spawning at a time.

Honestly I'm not a huge fan of Heroic 4's. All it adds is some annoyance in finding people to group up with. Then you just zone in, spend a couple minutes killing stuff, leave group the end. There's no added fun, just an extra step in getting people into group. It's so short no one even really talks to each other. And then later on when players have maxed rep and finished their gear grind it just makes it harder and harder for people to find groups for it.

Ld-Siris
11.20.2018 , 04:56 PM | #89
*Edit: My apologies, I just verified that hold the line is the republic side. I didn’t play that one. So keep that in mind with regards to the rest of the post. I, in fact, was missing something.*

I don’t understand the problem with hold the line. I did it twice on my marauder and solo’d it. It was a little hard and the first time I was worried but I just popped heroic moment and I was fine. The second time I knew what to expect and don’t even need to pop heroic moment. Am I missing something here? Oh and yes my comp is level 50 but soloing group content I expect to use a high level comp.

In fact as far as I know there are still four “heroic 4” missions in the game. Aurora cannon was made to be soloable but still labeled as heroic 4 (unless they finally changed it). And then the three Heroic 4 for macrobinoculars and seeds. These were way harder then hold the line but I was still able to solo it (until I needed to press the buttons then I had buddies jump in)

PS I do t remember if the last HK-51 was a heroic or not.

casirabit
11.20.2018 , 05:12 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieCao View Post
Hey everyone,

Thanks everyone.

-Jackie
Thank you for this information but one thing I would like to point out regarding these heroics is the gear is the main problem for some because of the test center you are able to get 258 gear and most are using that to test Ossus but it is not something they will have when it goes live and the rate to get the gear may be a problem for some. I don't have a problem as I have a guild I can do this with but what about those that don't.