Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the studio plans for adjusting Bolster in 5.10??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
What is the studio plans for adjusting Bolster in 5.10??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

alexsamma
10.28.2018 , 07:58 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
And this is why I want bolster finally gone from PVP and see it replaced with a static gear rating for everyone?

You sound as if bolster is a new thing, only bolster without expertise heavily penalizing raid gear is new. Bolster always existed, so that you could compete before earning full PVP gear. There always were loopholes where bolstered PVE gear was better than PVP gear, because bolster adds a bonus dependent on the actual gear rating, instead of just giving everyone the same rating.

In the end, having a PVP gear "progress" while allowing everyone to participate in the gear they currently have isn't worth it. When people don't put on their dedicated PVP gear, just auto-equip it behind the scenes.
I simplicity mentioned BW's track record concerning bolster, I don't understand how that makes it sound like I consider bolster to be a new concept.

I would be okay with removing PVP gear progress (despite the fact that I think a small progression system is a overall positive) as long as we can control our stat distribution.

EricMusco
10.29.2018 , 01:35 PM | #22 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Bolster is currently planned to go up in 5.10. Let me work on confirming exactly to what item rating it is going to shift and I will let you know.

-eric
Hey folks,

The current plan is that in 5.10 bolster will have the following item ratings:
  • Gear - 248 (up from 242)
  • Augments - 236 (up from 208)
As always this is subject to change and I will let you know of any other adjustments. Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Glower
10.29.2018 , 02:38 PM | #23
[*]Gear - 248 (up from 242)
How can these devs be so stubborn?
I'm out. Good luck with that.
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "Theyíd love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"

Giberelina
10.29.2018 , 03:02 PM | #24
Hey folks,

As always this is subject to change and I will let you know of any other adjustments. Thanks!

-eric
All those nice updates for PVP and a new map and then you hit the PVPers with this...

Andryah
10.29.2018 , 04:32 PM | #25
Hey folks,

-eric
Well.. I think the devs need to think outside the box a bit more on this... not just follow the tradition of bolster = prior BiS when new BiS is released.

The gear is already controversial. This bolster adjustment just inflames it even more.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Lord_Kavar
10.29.2018 , 04:54 PM | #26
Hey folks,

-eric

FFS guys! that means you AGAIN IGNORED all PvPers' concerns and move on as always! We need PvP based on skill..we need static gear rating for everyone!

kukumburr
10.29.2018 , 06:17 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Giberelina View Post
All those nice updates for PVP and a new map and then you hit the PVPers with this...
Yeah it is a bit weird that we're going from "summer of PvP" to stealth nerfs to huttball carriers, unresolved problems with backfilling/queue dropping in ranked, encouraging mat farming with the insane costs of the new crafted gear (but at the same time trying to discourage with increased games when losing for weekly?), requiring grindy PvE for new BiS gear, and then making bolster worse.

I mean at least they're bolstering the augments up to the good ones now I guess. Still a 10 ilvl difference though. I mean it'd be nice to hear what exactly the vision is supposed to be here other than "make PvPers do PvE if they want to play PvP on even ground" which just seems like such a backward step.

At least put it up to 252 in my opinion. And while I know it might not be possible for this patch, in the future please either bring back PvP gear (which I would prefer) or rework bolster to make it reliably set everyone at a certain ilvl (I don't even care what ilvl) and people can just adjust their tertiary stats the way they want them or something.

DzastinBiberi
10.29.2018 , 06:47 PM | #28
Hey folks,

-eric
So all of us who grinded like mad for 248 gear for pvp are just gonna get throwed under the bus?

Seems legit.

phalczen
10.29.2018 , 07:16 PM | #29
Hey folks,

-eric
There must be something I donít understand here, either about how 252 gear is supposed to be acquired, how 258 gear is supposed to be acquired, and what the justification is for a ten point item rating difference.
How is this a middle ground?
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Totemdancer
10.29.2018 , 10:30 PM | #30
Hey folks,

-eric
That is the terrible and worse than the current bolster of 242 compared to 248 with difference of 6 gear rating

Now you want to have 248 Bolster with a gap of 10 gear rating.

Itís nearly the same as when you had Bolster set at 236 and had to up it to 242.

You guys really dont get it or understand pvpers, if this goes ahead, Iím also packing it in with this game.

Wake up and consult with the actual pvp community before you have no pvp community left and no game.