Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the studio plans for adjusting Bolster in 5.10??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
What is the studio plans for adjusting Bolster in 5.10??
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah
10.26.2018 , 08:56 AM | #1
I have posted this in the PvP forum as well.. and I am surprised nobody else has.....

This is a fair question that deserves a fair and honest answer Eric.

If you don't know yet.. then just say so, and tell us why you don't know yet.

If you do know.. then please communicate it.

Thanks.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

EricMusco
10.26.2018 , 09:41 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Bolster is currently planned to go up in 5.10. Let me work on confirming exactly to what item rating it is going to shift and I will let you know.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Andryah
10.26.2018 , 01:43 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Bolster is currently planned to go up in 5.10. Let me work on confirming exactly to what item rating it is going to shift and I will let you know.

-eric
Thanks Eric.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

alexsamma
10.26.2018 , 03:21 PM | #4
Will bolster be adjusted to affect Tertiary stats and armor rating as well?

xWiCKEDx
10.26.2018 , 05:22 PM | #5
Bolster already gives ilvl 242 rating...

Increasing it even more makes it kind of pointless to get cRank 300 and 248 gear.

Totemdancer
10.26.2018 , 07:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by xWiCKEDx View Post

Increasing it even more makes it kind of pointless to get cRank 300 and 248 gear.
How is it pointless once we have 258 gear in the game

Totemdancer
10.26.2018 , 07:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
I really hope itís 252 or higher.

Mubrak
10.27.2018 , 04:57 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by xWiCKEDx View Post

Exactly. And that would be a good thing.

Grinding cRank 300 and 248 gear *IS* a pointless activity. For PVE it's fine as the gear is only necessary for niche content, and the hardcore raiders can avoid the grind just by doing their favorite activity. PVP, on the other hand, stands and falls with the number of participants, and when PVP is gated behind a gear grind, those that just want to PVP do it elsewhere, making PVP less varied and fun for those who grit their teeth and did the grind.

Gear rating in PVP should either be capped at 230 rating or bolster should exceed the max rating.
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

alexsamma
10.27.2018 , 07:34 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post
Exactly. And that would be a good thing.

Grinding cRank 300 and 248 gear *IS* a pointless activity. For PVE it's fine as the gear is only necessary for niche content, and the hardcore raiders can avoid the grind just by doing their favorite activity. PVP, on the other hand, stands and falls with the number of participants, and when PVP is gated behind a gear grind, those that just want to PVP do it elsewhere, making PVP less varied and fun for those who grit their teeth and did the grind.

Gear rating in PVP should either be capped at 230 rating or bolster should exceed the max rating.
Please stop propagating this concept that bolster is an acceptable substitute for gear.

Even when we had 250 bolster and the highest item rating was 242 there was still a noticeable difference between geared and under-geared players.

If you are going to push for bolster to be the "gearing" solution for pvp then you need to also push for bolster to be modified to work on armor rating and tertiary stats, and you also need to be okay with bolster being buggy when they introduce new tiers of gear (just adding 2410 augments re-introduced issues with wind crystal relics).

Mubrak
10.27.2018 , 08:21 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by alexsamma View Post
Please stop propagating this concept that bolster is an acceptable substitute for gear.
Well, bolster is still better than having to do ops in order to be able to play pvp, and I certainly like having only to switch a few gear pieces between PVE and PVP. I'm not pushing bolster, but I don't want a return of expertise either. When bolster is here to stay, it needs to be close to the max rating, but there are other ways to handle the gear gap.

What I'm rather "pushing" for is a form of level sync, that brings everyone down to the pvp rating. There is no need for special subpar but easily obtainable PVP gear - just give everything the 230 rating stats while in PVP.
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG