So about that player comunication you said about in the latest roadmap

GrimTheGlutt

PLAYER COMMUNICATION

As you’ve read over the past few months, particularly on the forums, we really do want to discuss game changes with you. We are listening and take your comments very seriously. For example, the addition of the apartment-style Overlook in the Rishi Stronghold was directly an outcome of your PTS input! We will be communicating many of the improvements planned for this Fall and will have an open dialog about what to expect. Without spoiling the storyline, we plan to make gameplay features and changes available on the PTS, so we can make adjustments prior to the launch of Game Update 5.10.

So not heard anything more about 5.10 shouldn't we be discussing this, as ermm isn't it mean t to be out next month or so?

So not heard anything more about 5.10 shouldn't we be discussing this, as ermm isn't it mean t to be out next month or so?

The last 'road map' has it as a fall release. If by some sort of miracle they actually make that time frame any time after 5.9.3 next week until Friday December 21. I wouldn't bet on it though.

My money (figuratively speaking -- my subscription is about to expire), is on a mid winter release for 5.10. And 6.0? late 2019;

Don't expect info on 5.10 till 5.9.3 is actually out, let them focus on ironing out the bugs on this one first and then expect them to talk about it. If you actually follow the dev tracker, you will have see that theres a live stream on October 11th in place of the cantina tour that will be talking about and previewing 5.10

The last 'road map' has it as a fall release. If by some sort of miracle they actually make that time frame any time after 5.9.3 next week until Friday December 21. I wouldn't bet on it though.

It'll get announced, and then delayed, or the announcements gets delayed, something is gonna get delayed. Pretty much every content update this year has. They have rosy view of the future, but no foresight for what it takes to deliver releases as it turns out...

it is inside the Fall window by a few days now. it can last all the way a week past mid december. 3 months.

if 5.9.3 is coming on oct 2? then it stands to reason there is likely to be a few weeks to a few months between 5.9.3 to 5.9.10. it might be possible it would be pushed all the way to Dec 18, the last week before fall ends a few days later. either way the roadmap corners the bioware team to Dec 18 as the latest they can bring the 5.9.10 update.

However considering that Bioware traditionally take time away from mid December to early January? it wouldn't do any good to push it that late and risk game breaking bugs or whatever getting in the way. the chances are to keep it safe? either Nov 27 or Dec 4 so there is a few weeks to allow for bug fixing.

That is the best and the latest they can bring 5.9.10 if i were to put money on it: November 27th or December 4th.

Edited by Celise

Yep I'm not too concerned about the release date, the patch will come out when its done. It's the communication aspect, lets start talking about the content and shaping it now, rather than get it dictated and disappoint.

The Devs should get our buy in by communicating and going on the journey together.

Prime example is all the next tier of gear threads, just deathly silence from bio, they could easily answer these threads by explaining their thoughts/intent now.

The longer we have to discuss and possibly influence/change things (if we think its wrong - who knows we may even agree!) then the better. Prime example Rishi stronghold, simple feedback changed those Dev thoughts.

We don't need PTS to discuss things now. We can discuss and then see the outcome of those discussions on the PTS.

Cheers

Edited by GrimTheGlutt

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Good question! Discussion about 5.10 will begin in earnest with our Cantina Livestream on October 11th. That entire stream will be dedicated to talking about 5.10 content, systems, changes, PTS plans, etc. I expect it will be an hour long or more, we have quite a lot to cover.

It may be a little quiet between now and then but we aren't too far from more info.

-eric

Hey folks,Discussion about 5.10 will begin in earnest with our Cantina Livestream on October 11th. That entire stream will be dedicated to talking about 5.10 content, systems, changes, PTS plans, etc. I expect it will be an hour long or more, we have quite a lot to cover.

Niiiice!

Will there be drinking games? :rak_02:

Edited by Kiesu

Hey folks,

Good question! Discussion about 5.10 will begin in earnest with our Cantina Livestream on October 11th. That entire stream will be dedicated to talking about 5.10 content, systems, changes, PTS plans, etc. I expect it will be an hour long or more, we have quite a lot to cover.

It may be a little quiet between now and then but we aren't too far from more info.

-eric

Looking forward to it Eric!

Hey folks,

-eric

C'mon man that's like two weeks away

Throw us a bone huh....

Edited by QuinlanSaathis

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks for the update Eric, glad to hear the Steam is going to be very long. Hopefully you guys will be able to properly cover 5.10, I am very interested to hear more details about it.

Hey folks,

-eric

Remember what we said about announcing announcements.... :rak_04:

Hey folks,

-eric

SWEET! I am looking forward to the stream and the content of said stream. And one that's over an hour?! Holy cow!

But the quiet time between now and then... I think I can handle it.

*4 days later*

Hey folks,

-eric

Will it be a two way conversation the same as if we were talking to you at the cantina? I know in other streams you guys ignore hard questions about ledgimate problems people ask or you give one line answers and move on.

Yeah...wait a minute...I want a tease too now that you mention it... :mad:

You want to hear from the community manager more than once a week or so, oh the horror!

Maybe they're just busy with twitter or something, idk. I seem to remember something about more communication... oh well, must have been a vicious rumor.

Will it be a two way conversation the same as if we were talking to you at the cantina? I know in other streams you guys ignore hard questions about ledgimate problems people ask or you give one line answers and move on.

Heck, even not difficult questions about legitimate problems. Any reply thats not to someone singing their praises would be nice.

Alas, the promise of more open and effective communication appears to have been a pipe dream.

Edited by KendraP

Remember what we said about announcing announcements.... :rak_04:

Unfortunately that's how most news works these days.

1. Speculate that there might be a piece of news
  2. Predict that there will be news
  3. Report that someone confirmed there might be news
  4. Report that the announcement has been made that there will be news
  5. Report on the news
  6. Analyse the news
  7. Ask some expert or celeb their reaction to the news
  8. Speculate about what implications this might have in the future.
  9. Run a feature with old news and analyze what similarities there are.
  10. Compare what they predicted with what actually happened.
  11. Speculate on the next item.

12. If in doubt, quote other news agencies, or run their footage.

I think we're at about step 3.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Hey folks,

-eric

So PTS wont be going alive directly after 5.9.3? You mentioned in the last Roadmap it will be at the end of this month (September) now it is 11th october or later.

So PTS wont be going alive directly after 5.9.3? You mentioned in the last Roadmap it will be at the end of this month (September) now it is 11th october or later.

LoL, good luck with that. You should probably expect it at the end of October / beginning Nov. It will probably go live. About 2 weeks before they intend to release it.

Edited by Totemdancer

-eric

Does this mean that

"With this Roadmap, we are announcing the availability of a Master Mode Gods from the Machine targeted for release with Game Update 5.10. We expect to make it available for testing on PTS in September."

Has been delayed?