Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.9.3 Delayed

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
09.25.2018 , 03:10 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

The team has made the decision to delay the launch of Game Update 5.9.3 to next Tuesday, October 2nd. We have a handful of known issues that we are tracking for the Update which we want to address before it goes live. Unfortunately, we were unable to get them fixed in time for our planned release date tomorrow.

Some of the issues we are seeing include:
  • An issue with our Conquest scheduling which will stop it from proceeding as intended.
  • The interface for holocalls not displaying properly.
  • The preview window not activating properly for a variety of item types.

In each one of these instances there is a workaround which would not actually block gameplay. Still, if we can avoid those issues being live we would like to. We are going to take the extra time to address these issues to give you the best 5.9.3 we can. I will provide further updates as we move towards next week. Double XP will also move back one week to 10/9 - 10/16. Thank you all for your understanding and we apologize for the late notice.

-eric

Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

GrimTheGlutt
09.25.2018 , 03:31 PM | #2
OK, but these 11th hour movements are getting a bit too frequent. Just smells of an inability to manage a delivery.

Darkemace
09.25.2018 , 03:41 PM | #3
Give them a break, they only have a skeleton staff that's running double shifts.

Kiesu
09.25.2018 , 03:43 PM | #4
Can I move my sub back by one week too? :P
Refer! - Alignment funzies - Arts -
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

Setokai
09.25.2018 , 03:54 PM | #5
Will that cause the double Xp event to be moved or will that still be on track for the Oct 2?
http://www.swtor.com/r/xlcFwx
free stuff for a new or preferred status player

GrimTheGlutt
09.25.2018 , 03:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Setokai View Post
Will that cause the double Xp event to be moved or will that still be on track for the Oct 2?
Musco already mentioned it's moved...

Quote:
Double XP will also move back one week to 10/9 - 10/16. Thank you all for your understanding and we apologize for the late notice.

fatsi
09.25.2018 , 04:38 PM | #7
Why would you move back the Double XP though?

Ylliarus
09.25.2018 , 04:39 PM | #8
I'd take delayed over bugged any day! Good luck with everything next week, I am looking forward to it
The Twi'lek Crusader
It is time for the Twi'lek species to receive new appearance customization options, because they have been neglected since launch.
If you agree with this... do please click on my referral link!

Screaming_Ziva
09.25.2018 , 04:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkemace View Post
Give them a break, they only have a skeleton staff that's running double shifts.
Double shifts? That's funny.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for.
Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Screaming Ziva's Stronghold Tour

FlameYOL
09.25.2018 , 04:50 PM | #10
Well thanks for the update, better to leave it time to properly patch those issues than to rush it.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything