Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How "Good" is a Light Side Sith Warrior?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
How "Good" is a Light Side Sith Warrior?

Pirate_Ron
12.30.2011 , 06:22 PM | #21
I'd have to say that the essential difference between Jedi and Sith is best equated to D&D terms. Jedi are Lawful and Sith are Chaotic. A Dark Side Jedi is Lawful Evil, and a good Sith is Chaotic Good.

Following the path of the Jedi means abandoning emotional attachments. Basically by removing emotion you keep a clear head and can address things in a more universal way for the greater good. Sith embrace emotion so they tend to be more selfish and think more central to themselves. Not others.

I'd definately say a Dark Side Jedi is much more evil than a Light Side Sith.

Houtoku
12.30.2011 , 06:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Malsvir View Post
A light side sith would just do what's best for the Sith Empire on the whole. He or she could still be bad, but they just wouldn't kill without a purpose.
^ This.

My Jugg is Dark overall, because he has no compunctions about executing an enemy or incompetant officer - but he's got a fair number of Light side points as well because I've been going with the "Better for the Empire as a whole" route - as in, if someone can be an asset, I'll spare/capture them, rather than killing them outright.

Light/Dark in this game pretends to be nuanced but it really is just the usual "Killing people = bad, not killing people = good", even if "not killing people" = "imprisoning & torturing for the remainder of their lives" (but *I* didn't KILL them, so it's cool). That being said, there are a lot of "Well I beat you but I'll let you live since you fought with honor" choices, those can go to hell.

tXHereticXt
12.30.2011 , 08:06 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Houtoku View Post
My Jugg is Dark overall, because he has no compunctions about executing an enemy or incompetant officer - but he's got a fair number of Light side points as well because I've been going with the "Better for the Empire as a whole" route - as in, if someone can be an asset, I'll spare/capture them, rather than killing them outright.
Same with my SW. If I have to deal with Republic soldiers and given the option to kill or spare them, if their lives cannot be used to gain an advantage ( like a particular Nar Shadaa class-quest) then they get eliminated from the equation.... permanently. But at the same time, killing without reason also isn't in him. So I'm happily approaching Light IV.

Viera
12.30.2011 , 08:35 PM | #24
Knightly is probably a better way to think of it. To be honest Bushido leaves very little room for mercy. When you went into a battle as a Samurai, the way of Bushido was with acceptance that your life could/would end. A big part of Bushido is simply accepting death as a fact and not fearing it. Surrender was considered shameful, as was running away. Sparing an enemy that you defeated would be an insult in Bushido, as you are denying them an honorable death. They would return to their lord in shame and likely be ordered to kill themselves.

That said. I have found playing a Lightside Sith Warrior to be enjoyable. I view it more as being a Knight of the Empire. My character upholds the Empires laws, strikes down the enemies of the Empire, but she is also not one that kills people at random. Alot of the Darkside choices really boil down to 'kill this person for mostly no reason' as opposed to 'arrest them for torture and later execution. In that regard, I mostly consider playing a Lightside Sith Warrior as playing 'Lawful Evil'. You are 'evil', but you operate within the bounds of a personal code of honor/laws. My Sith Warrior does not take it into her own hands to execute people, she arrests them and lets the Imperial Justice system run its course. There were a few Darkside choices that I made, but I have made overwhelmingly lightside choices through my course.
"I was a historian once, gathering the relics of the Jedi, learning the ancient mysteries. Always, there were more questions."

Iestyndenisgadd
08.23.2014 , 05:13 PM | #25
im thinking of creating a light side sith just wanted to know if theres anyway i can make him as jedi as posible like either an undercover jedi or a good sith that wont to damage to the hedi or republic and mostly to the sith an could later join up to the jedi with my good compainions like vette and jeasa need some advise thank in advance

JnEricsonx
08.23.2014 , 11:29 PM | #26
My Juggernaut was mostly Light Side, though still a brutal SOB. I viewed him somewhat as Vader-like. Vader usually gave his people one, maybe two chances, after that it was "Force Choke". But, he did give them a chance to fix their mistakes. So for my guy, its more about efficiently dealing with his enemies, but not being a petty psycho about it. If he's going to kill a guy, one shot bam, no torture, a swift death, as he'd hope he'd recieve. He does think that Jedi stifling themselves is what makes them crack so easily, he uses his hatred and anger as a cold flame against his enemies, burning through him, but not mindlessly. And he's certainly capable of humor, or respect/decency/compassion, when merited. Those were more brought out in him by Vette.

fovzwk
08.24.2014 , 02:40 AM | #27
I played two light sided Sith Warriors to lvl 55 and I have to say I like it quite a lot. Especially act 1 is of more satisfiying if you play lightside, since the story actually changes to some degree.
Spoiler

Unfortunately this is kind of dropped in the other acts, but you can still be a very honorable and merciful Sith.

Pietrastor
08.24.2014 , 05:06 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by fovzwk View Post
Unfortunately this is kind of dropped in the other acts, but you can still be a very honorable and merciful Sith.
This is the part I didn't like, it's like Acts 2/3 forget about the absolutely profound things your Warrior says and declares. Inquisitor handles it better, you can stay true to your lightside route throughout the course of the entire story mostly and your Light alignmenent is not forgotten.

Iestyndenisgadd
08.24.2014 , 05:25 PM | #29
welli played a bit of the sith inquistitor were you start as a force sensitive slave an i was wondering if the if a way to make my inquistitor and warrior good and were they ever can turn good and side with the republic during the game unlickly tho or follow a path in the story were i can picture then join the jedi after the stoy in the game so its not wierd for me to have a sith in the stringhold i have i want to be nice minimise casualties in the game and mot kill as many jedi and repbulic as i possibly could im a big role player

thekashif
08.28.2014 , 07:56 AM | #30
Light side sith warrior is also really funny in act one simply because of all the Jedi you don't fight. There are a lot of times where you can point out that you do in fact have the moral high ground despite being a Sith and the Jedi fully accept that and back off. Don't ask me why but I find that hysterical, especially since the female voice actress is really good at scolding people.