Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Optimal Stats 5.9

mrwayn
09.05.2018 , 03:33 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Soul_of_Flames View Post
I did 3 parses before I swapped my gear, averaged them. Then did 3 parses after I swapped my gear and averaged those.

The results where:
Average APM increase of 1.3
Average DPS decrease of 82 points (9290 --> 9208)
Average TTK increase of 0:03 seconds.
You're not taking full advantage of the higher alacrity then. Changing from lower (1.4s) to higher (1.3s) alacrity tier should increase your apm by about 3. If you're only geting an increase of 1.3, you're wasting a lot of your higher alacrity and it's no wonder your parses aren't higher than before.
You want free stuff? This is my referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CfpyNm

phalczen
09.05.2018 , 06:18 AM | #32
-24 Accuracy (-1 Enhancement, +2 Augments)

I did 3 parses before I swapped my gear, averaged them. Then did 3 parses after I swapped my gear and averaged those.

The results where:
Average APM increase of 1.3
Average DPS decrease of 82 points (9290 --> 9208)
Average TTK increase of 0:03 seconds.
Did you miss more? Or is your accuracy still above 110%? Could that account for an 82 point DPS loss?
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Soul_of_Flames
09.06.2018 , 03:59 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by mrwayn View Post
You're not taking full advantage of the higher alacrity then. Changing from lower (1.4s) to higher (1.3s) alacrity tier should increase your apm by about 3. If you're only geting an increase of 1.3, you're wasting a lot of your higher alacrity and it's no wonder your parses aren't higher than before.
Well, I queue my abilities up so that they fire instantly. I'm not doing any delays and I'm popping all my GCD-ignoring abilities on CD or on proc... so I don't really see what else I can possibly do. And I know this because I'm doing my same rotation, but I'm able to fit in an extra ability that I wasn't able to do before I swapped my gear in almost every cycle.

Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Did you miss more? Or is your accuracy still above 110%? Could that account for an 82 point DPS loss?
It's at 109.93% (my augs are 236, so I still have room to add 5 more points to it)
Looking back at the parse logs, it seems my original 3 parses I missed an average of 7.7% and my post 3 parses I missed an average of 7.8%.

A tenth of a percent seems to be a reasonable margin of error, imo.

mrwayn
09.07.2018 , 04:39 AM | #34
Well, I queue my abilities up so that they fire instantly. I'm not doing any delays and I'm popping all my GCD-ignoring abilities on CD or on proc... so I don't really see what else I can possibly do. And I know this because I'm doing my same rotation, but I'm able to fit in an extra ability that I wasn't able to do before I swapped my gear in almost every cycle.
I'm a bit confused. Did you get the 1.3 increase in apm from looking at star parse or from "I managed to fit in an additional ability in my rotation"? If it's the latter, your rotation is most likely not gonna be exactly one minute long, so fitting an additional ability into your rotation wouldn't mean that your apm increases by 1.3 (= 1 gcd).
You want free stuff? This is my referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CfpyNm

mouseakatichy
09.29.2018 , 05:03 AM | #35
Hello All,

First off really sorry if I have missed the information I am looking for. I have been reading a while but a lot of the talk here confused me.

I am looking to gear the following toon's in the best way possible, could some one be kind enough to advise on what the stats should look like and what augments I should be using. Like a really simple version (lol)

I am looking to build -

Bounty Hunter - DPS - Arsenal
Sith Marauder - DPS - Carnage
Sith Assassin - Tank - Darkness
Sith Sorc - Healer - Corruption
Operative - DPS - Concealment

All toons are max level and have a decent mix of 246/248 - so now its really about fine tuning the best stats and augments.

Thank you in advance

Mouse

phalczen
09.29.2018 , 05:36 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by mouseakatichy View Post
Bounty Hunter - DPS - Arsenal
Sith Marauder - DPS - Carnage
Sith Assassin - Tank - Darkness
Sith Sorc - Healer - Corruption
Operative - DPS - Concealment
The Arsenal Merc and Carnage Marauder should have 1375 alacrity, 737 Accuracy, and the rest Crit.

The Operative should have 1857 alacrity, 737 accuracy, rest crit.

Healers don't need accuracy at all, unless you are trying to add dps to meet tight dps checks in a progression raid group. On my sage I like to run 2036 alacrity because it means under the effects of the Mental Alacrity buff (Polarity Shift for Sorcs) I'll get to a 1.1s global cooldown, but the conventional wisdom is 1857 alacrity.

The Assassin Tank is a little more complicated to answer.
  • Most people recommend Warding B mods (higher endurance, less defense rating) over Warding unlettered mods
  • Most people recommend higher endurance enhancements over the enhancements with less endurance and more of the shield/absorb/defense stats (for example, Bastion/Steadfast over Immunity enhancements)
  • Many people recommend using Lethal B mods over Warding B mods, because the swapping out of defense rating for Power benefits you more
  • I haven't seen any firm recommendations on using the "double-high" endurance enhancements over the single high endurance ones, for example, Steadfast over Bastion
Beyond that, many people recommend a relative even balance of the FINAL Percentages of Shield Chance and Absorption. The optimal ratio of Defense/Shield/Absorb nowadays compared to the 3.x era is all skewed because there is a lot more obligatory Defense Rating built into gear. I usually run a little more Absorption Rating over Shield Rating because of Assassin's Dark Ward ability which increases final percentage of shield chance.

EDIT: Regarding tank enhancements, I haven't seen any firm recommendations on using DPS enhancements like the high endurance alacrity or high endurance crit enhancements instead of any tanking enhancements. I'll defer to the experts on that topic. In any event, you would not need any accuracy since Tanks get 110% accuracy in their discipline, and with some of your stat budget shifted to endurance away from alacrity and crit, you could probably only get to the so-called "low alacrity" threshold of 702.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

mouseakatichy
10.06.2018 , 10:08 AM | #37
Sorry for the delay -

Thank you kindly for your words of wisdom

Rion_Starkiller
10.08.2018 , 08:29 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
On my sage I like to run 2036 alacrity because it means under the effects of the Mental Alacrity buff (Polarity Shift for Sorcs) I'll get to a 1.1s global cooldown, but the conventional wisdom is 1857 alacrity.
That's the magic number for Balance? At first, I thought you were saying for TK and I got excited, haha.

Quote:
Percentage Breakpoints (Rounded to the nearest thousandth)

1.4s - 7.143%

1.3s - 15.385%

1.2s - 25%

1.1s - 36.364%

1.0s - 50%
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(,,,,)(\/) ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Maxitrac
10.14.2018 , 12:04 AM | #39
Just for everyone who uses this guide I will be updating this soon for 252 and 258 gear with new optimized builds which I am currently in the process of working out.
28/31 Nim/MM 5.0
<Paramount> | <Sniper Science> | <Lightning Masters> | <One Eighth>
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/sales

Maxitrac
11.07.2018 , 02:02 AM | #40
Original post now updated for dps spec that use high alacrity builds
28/31 Nim/MM 5.0
<Paramount> | <Sniper Science> | <Lightning Masters> | <One Eighth>
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/sales