Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Player Starter Guide and suggestions for returning players

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
New Player Starter Guide and suggestions for returning players

Alexisshade
08.18.2018 , 08:59 PM | #1
Hello everyone this is an old post and its been modified. Here is a new player stater guide with a list of things i wish i knew when I started. I have also add links to other tips

The guide is found in the spoiler
Spoiler

Recommendation for earning credits

List of heroics that can be done in under an hour

Feel free to leave a comment or give thanks
Use my referral link to get free stuff then check out this deal
Knights of the Eternal Throne Amazon Premium Pack

Click this link for new player tips

SteveTheCynic
08.19.2018 , 02:14 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexisshade View Post
8 When your level 10 go to fleet and get a stronghold
Level 7. You can get on the fleet shuttle from the starter world as soon as you are level 7. You'll need 5000 credits to unlock Coruscant or Dromund Kaas. Choose Coruscant for Republic characters, or Dromund Kaas for Imperials, and buy the other one as soon as you make a character on the other side. (You can use them cross-faction, but it costs 1000 credits per visit, 500 for smugglers and agents.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

hof_th
08.19.2018 , 08:11 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Level 7. You can get on the fleet shuttle from the starter world as soon as you are level 7. You'll need 5000 credits to unlock Coruscant or Dromund Kaas. Choose Coruscant for Republic characters, or Dromund Kaas for Imperials, and buy the other one as soon as you make a character on the other side. (You can use them cross-faction, but it costs 1000 credits per visit, 500 for smugglers and agents.)
A minor Correction, Smugglers and Agents only pay 250 credits.

JediKnightGeorge
08.19.2018 , 11:58 AM | #4
Good tips here! I also highly recommend SWTORISTA on YouTube. She has AMAZING videos and tutorials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkp...mOBSAKv1KmTTfQ
Get some free goodies with this referral link:
http://www.swtor.com/r/Bkbn2d

AceMasterSoul
08.19.2018 , 02:07 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I recommend holding back on getting a stronghold and grinding on your starting planet until level 15. Once your level 15 you can accept a mission from a holostatue (right in front of the stronghold vendors). it can be completed by taking a few steps around your stronghold. Once completed you'll get a mail box, legacy storage, and other useful decoration.
Guildmaster <Mercs with Perks>
Help me, help you. Follow the link to get free stuff.
Guild Referral Link

hof_th
08.19.2018 , 02:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AceMasterSoul View Post
I recommend holding back on getting a stronghold and grinding on your starting planet until level 15. Once your level 15 you can accept a mission from a holostatue (right in front of the stronghold vendors). it can be completed by taking a few steps around your stronghold. Once completed you'll get a mail box, legacy storage, and other useful decoration.
There is no reason to delay buying a Stronghold, the mission does not require you to buy a Stronghold (even if it claims so) and will complete for all characters once you travel to one of your strongholds and take afew steps.

AceMasterSoul
08.19.2018 , 03:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by hof_th View Post
There is no reason to delay buying a Stronghold, the mission does not require you to buy a Stronghold (even if it claims so) and will complete for all characters once you travel to one of your strongholds and take afew steps.
For new players the stronghold isnít as big of an asset until they progress further in the game, mainly when they get utility items, mailbox , storage etc. Focusing on reaching level 15 will allow them to get two of those right off the bat.
Guildmaster <Mercs with Perks>
Help me, help you. Follow the link to get free stuff.
Guild Referral Link

hof_th
08.19.2018 , 11:07 PM | #8
A few other points to add to the list:
  • Once you are at the fleet go to the Priority Missions Terminal and pick up the "Introduction to ..." Quests for extra XP and , incase of PVP, some Gear.
  • If you want to do the first flashpoint (Black Talon for imperials, Esseles for republic) via groupfinder start queeing for it as soon possible since it's only available on Veteran difficulty until lvl 15.

Quote: Originally Posted by AceMasterSoul View Post
For new players the stronghold isnít as big of an asset until they progress further in the game, mainly when they get utility items, mailbox , storage etc. Focusing on reaching level 15 will allow them to get two of those right off the bat.
I realize that, but your post reminded me that the quest says "Purchase a Stronghold at a Stronghold Directory and Travel to Your Stronghold" which is simply false, once bought your first Stronghold, since only the travel part is required.

mrwayn
08.20.2018 , 03:33 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexisshade View Post

5 hold off on using exp boost until level 25 then do heroics or flash points till level 50. (class mission rewards get boosted to.)

7 When your level 7 go to fleet and get a stronghold they can be very useful if you get the following items 1 storage box 2 legacy storage box 3 GTN kiosk and 4 guild storage box. You can access all those items anywhere anytime when you travel to and from your stronghold

11 Only play the main story missions they give you exp boost and companions for crafting many would disagree but i say hold off on the extra mission until level 50 because after you reach level 50 they pay 10k per mission and the rewards are better then if you did them low level.(if your not into pvp or end game do all quest it makes the game more enjoyable for some)
I agree with most of your points, but not all of them, at least for the "new player" part of your title.
5) why would a new player want to speed level? for a lot of players the 1-50 story is the best part of the game. I would advise a new player to take his time playing the story. Endgame will come soon enough and it's really worth it to experience the full story (at least the original class story) at least once.

7) there is little point in going to the fleet and buy a stronghold as soon as you get to level 7. As long as you're still on the starter planet playing your first character, you won't need a stronghold at all, especially since you won't have any usefull decos for it and you defenitly won't have the credits to buy them (nor would it make sense to do so, considering that you'll get some of them for free with the lvl 15 quest). So why would you travel to the fleet and back to get something you won't be using untill you're supposed to go to the fleet via quest anyway?

11) it's basically the same point I made on point 5. If you're a new player, take your time exploring. Do some side-quests, if you feel like it. From a story point of view it makes little sense to skip them and come back to them later, it'll just confuse you about the time-line. And if you want to farm credits, doing dailies/heroics is a better way anyway.
You want free stuff? This is my referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CfpyNm

Alexisshade
08.20.2018 , 01:45 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by mrwayn View Post
I agree with most of your points, but not all of them, at least for the "new player" part of your title.

7) there is little point in going to the fleet and buy a stronghold as soon as you get to level 7. As long as you're still on the starter planet playing your first character, you won't need a stronghold at all, especially since you won't have any useful decors for it and you definitely won't have the credits to buy them (nor would it make sense to do so, considering that you'll get some of them for free with the lvl 15 quest). So why would you travel to the fleet and back to get something you won't be using until you're supposed to go to the fleet via quest anyway?
I can see your points especially the part about enjoying the story i would encourage playing it in full I am currently playing with a boosted character that started at level 70 and allows me to do all class mission and bonus missions with the credit boost and all abilities witch feels way better then when I first played. that kinda of affected my judgment I guess it depends on the type of player you are. i still stand buy my suggestion. I like playing with friends and story mission kinda of got in the way building up a guild and crafting end game gear to get the reward from the end game content. my friend in pretty far in the game when i starter so i had to play catch up and i build speed runs for multiple l toons and my list was the most effective way to do it.

as for the strong hold thing my inventory filled up pretty fast and the storage on the fleet is nice but to have it in a Strong hold is better you can return right back into the game were as when you go to fleet you cant add the legacy storage box and with multiple toons it was essential to treading items back and forth for crafting now that you can store money that just awesome
Use my referral link to get free stuff then check out this deal
Knights of the Eternal Throne Amazon Premium Pack

Click this link for new player tips