Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Character Slots are gone?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheRandomWolf's Avatar


TheRandomWolf
08.09.2018 , 02:36 PM | #1
I was interested in creating new characters on my account but I was unable to find these kinds of slots in the Cartel Market. I even though an option would be available in the Character Select screen, but there is nothing. Did BioWare remove this? And why? It makes no sense to remove such a crucial option from the game. The server slots in the GTN are quite expensive as it is.
I'm a content creator who makes general videos, tutorials, comparisons, trailers, and machinimas for SWTOR. Please show your support by using my referral link as I would be most grateful! You will gain seven additional days to your subscription and some other goodies! You can find more information on the following F.A.Q.

xordevoreaux's Avatar


xordevoreaux
08.09.2018 , 03:10 PM | #2
I just now looked under Consumables and Account Unlocks (several times) and didn't see them.
All I saw was the Outlander character token for 2k.
Maybe they took the char slots off the CM and they'll only be available now as part of an eventual one-day sale...
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

TheRandomWolf's Avatar


TheRandomWolf
08.09.2018 , 06:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
I just now looked under Consumables and Account Unlocks (several times) and didn't see them.
All I saw was the Outlander character token for 2k.
Maybe they took the char slots off the CM and they'll only be available now as part of an eventual one-day sale...
Well, that sucks...
I'm a content creator who makes general videos, tutorials, comparisons, trailers, and machinimas for SWTOR. Please show your support by using my referral link as I would be most grateful! You will gain seven additional days to your subscription and some other goodies! You can find more information on the following F.A.Q.

Migguz's Avatar


Migguz
08.09.2018 , 09:22 PM | #4
That is so odd. I clearly remember seeing them earlier this week.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
08.09.2018 , 11:46 PM | #5
I also saw them about 2-3 days ago. It’s probably just another one of their bugs

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
08.10.2018 , 02:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I also saw them about 2-3 days ago. It’s probably just another one of their bugs
Aye there appears to be a number of unlocks like Authorization: Artifact Equipment missing etc as well, have flagged to get looked into further

xordevoreaux's Avatar


xordevoreaux
08.10.2018 , 05:05 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Aye there appears to be a number of unlocks like Authorization: Artifact Equipment missing etc as well, have flagged to get looked into further
Thanks, Owen. Like the OP, I was thinking of buying more char slots.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
08.10.2018 , 08:00 AM | #8 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

None of those items are actually removed (not permanently anyway). There was a nasty display bug where those items were showing their price as "true" as opposed to the actual price on the Cartel Market. Any other source you can get those perks can still be used. We are going to get that corrected and get those items back on the CM with our planned patch next week.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

xordevoreaux's Avatar


xordevoreaux
08.10.2018 , 08:02 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

None of those items are actually removed (not permanently anyway). There was a nasty display bug where those items were showing their price as "true" as opposed to the actual price on the Cartel Market. Any other source you can get those perks can still be used. We are going to get that corrected and get those items back on the CM with our planned patch next week.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

-eric
No need to wait a week to do that. I'll pay "true" for a char slot. Ready?
Sun rises every day.
There! True! Where's my unlock? :P
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
08.10.2018 , 01:37 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
No need to wait a week to do that. I'll pay "true" for a char slot. Ready?
Sun rises every day.
There! True! Where's my unlock? :P
False. Inside the Antarctic and Arctic circles, there are parts of the year where the sun is below the horizon for days at a time, and other parts where it is above the horizon for days at a time ("Land of the Midnight Sun"). At the poles themselves, the sun rises and sets once a year each.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.