Big Delays After 5.9.2

UlaVii

Yeah... once they get this issue stomped flat.. they really need to extend the double XP event..... and more than just adding a couple days.

But watch...based on past history...... they will say.. "yeah, we would like to do that.. but unfortunately can't due to the way the event is setup and triggered.. so we will offer another double XP event next week".. yada yada.

Sadly, I have issues (some my own) everytime they have a double xp event. Half the time I either fully miss out or only get to have a small portion of it.

They really do need to either extend it OR hold another one at the end of the month.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I (on Satele Shan) am experience 2 kinds of lag.

1. The reported in game only hiccups on strongholds and guildships

2. A very different lag in specific operations and flashpoints that actually interrupts my connection to the internet (red bar and connection to discord goes down). It is unlikely that this is just an internet problem as running heroics and some flashpoints were fine. Specifically, I did a last boss lockout (gf from fleet) on one toon and experienced constant lag. I then switch toons and run Nar Shaada heroics/bounter hunter without issue. While doing that, I ran 2 flashpoints. False Emperor (lag 2/3's of the way into the fp), Hammer Station (no issue). Switched toons again to rack up kills on Tatooine (no problem) and ran 3 more fps, one I don't remember (no problem), Battle of Ilum (no issue) and False Emperor again (lag issues 1/4 of the way into the fp, which did resolve when I disconnected and reconnected my internet). In other words, something seemed wrong with False Emperor. I had similar issues on Tuesday night, but cannot remember which FP's.

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

See:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/379348184117411861/477151185111875585/image.jpg

Meme made through one of my discord groups it fit this perfectly

Love that! :D

I'm suspicious that we've heard nothing more on the problem. Either they don't know what's causing it OR they do know but the fix is going to upset everyone /conspiracy

Seems to me like the delay is related to the number of placed decorations. My almost empty Coruscant copy seems fine. The legacy storage takes a couple of seconds to open as usual, but placing or moving things there is registered almost immediately. My NS stronghold, crammed full of stuff, has a nasty 20+ second delay on actions.

Decoration LOS calculations running amok?

Edited by Mubrak

Seems to me like the delay is related to the number pf placed decorations. My almost empty Coruscant copy seems fine. The legacy stronghold takes a couple of seconds to open as usual, but placing or moving things there is registered almost immediately. My NS stronghold, crammed full of stuff, has a nasty 20+ second delay on actions.

I am wondering if that is the issue cause my level 70 main tank is now stuck in my SH which is 98% full. I can't do **** with her atm

would love to see an update on this. Game was completely unplayable last night as 18 of my 19 characters were in SH, and I either couldn't log in, or I could, but couldn't get out of SH. The SH I was in for most is no where near full, though it is fully unlocked. I was able to log in on several characters this morning, and get them out of SH so crossing fingers that the game is playable else where.

I highly doubt the issue is due to the additional load from giving players another stronghold. With the same patch they got rid of a reset on the conquest daily-by-legacy, so there will be a lot less player participation already which should more than offset load from a new SH. If we want to speculate, perhaps it is due to the matchmaking algorithms. If they made the mistake of calculating players stats on the fly instead of using weekly compiled predictive tables or something they could be pegging the CPU cores. But that's just speculation which is fun.

Really, I'm ok with a few major bumps after a big patch. We do not want the developers to be afraid to tackle big things, even if many of the big design choices are not a good idea, some are. If it takes 5 days to solve, simply push all subscriptions 5 days out (thus giving 5 free days to subscribers). You could also extend the double-xp/cxp a week. Then everything is fair, no biggie.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

Seems to me like the delay is related to the number pf placed decorations. My almost empty Coruscant copy seems fine. The legacy stronghold takes a couple of seconds to open as usual, but placing or moving things there is registered almost immediately. My NS stronghold, crammed full of stuff, has a nasty 20+ second delay on actions.

I just tested your theory and successfully replicated your findings. My intro SH's are bare except for banks, mail, vendor and GTN terminals. Interaction there was much quicker than in the one SH I have decorated, in this case Manaan.

Perhaps more curious, though, is that some people are experiencing extreme lag / delays outside of their strongholds. I have played a couple hours each day since Tuesday, including this morning and have had no difficulties at all on Star Forge.

Dasty

Perhaps more curious, though, is that some people are experiencing extreme lag / delays outside of their strongholds. I have played a couple hours each day since Tuesday, including this morning and have had no difficulties at all on Star Forge.

Dasty

I had extreme lag on Balmorra the first night, but since then, if I can get the characters out of the strongholds, they're fine. I've been able to quest around on various planets and finish part of a class story.

But the only way I've been able to get them out of the strongholds easily has been via the Heroic Transport or other quests; not using the galaxy map. Crew skills and missions are sometimes still lagging, too, and there's the companion insta-death/decreased HP/refusing to gather issue I mentioned before.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

The team is still digging into the issues you are seeing and they are making good progress. I should have a more concrete update tomorrow on what the issue is and timing on when we will be able to address it. Thank you all for your continued patience.

-eric

I've had zero problems with lag outside of my strongholds since the patch and I've played quite a bit since it released, including warzones, crafting, GTN stuff, Yavin/CZ/Ziost dailies, and running around fleet. The only time I experience the lag is when I'm in one of my strongholds that has at least one decoration in it. I tried running around an empty one for awhile and never saw the lag happen, but maybe I didn't spend enough time there. However if I add even one decoration I start getting the lag almost immediately. But once I manage to leave the stronghold I don't have any more issues.

I don't have the Rishi stronghold, and my most complete stronghold is only at 19% completion. Maybe it has something to do with how many decorations you have out altogether? Whatever it is it seems to be related to strongholds unless there's more than one issue happening. I don't spend much time in my strongholds so I was surprised when I first read about these problems since I hadn't noticed anything wrong for awhile. This definitely wasn't happening on PTS either.