Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PTS Feedback - Additional Stronghold Functionality

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
PTS Feedback - Additional Stronghold Functionality
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xordevoreaux
07.28.2018 , 11:03 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
Although I agree with everything else in this post, please do not grant a high stealth detection level to camera droid spectators. In fact, please remove the low stealth detection that it already has. The possibilities of stream sniping will ruin any tournament. 1 player, who is spectating the match on a camera droid, can be in discord with the players playing the match and reveal the location of all stealthers.

I tested the camera droid, and it appears that the camera droid can see players with a low stealth detection (about 3-5 meters). This is enough for a camera droid to follow a player in stealth, see them, and report their location. Please remove it.
I agree here. In the age live streaming, the developers need to look at what they're doing in the broader context than just the game itself in cases like this.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Xina_LA
07.28.2018 , 11:09 AM | #22
I have to agree with those who think Stealth detection should be linked to a Silver key. Just please don't link it to a Gold key -- just because I trust them not to ruin a PvP match doesn't mean I want them rearranging my decorations.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

ShenLongKazama
07.28.2018 , 12:22 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
This is the same elevator functionality as the elevator that goes to the VIP section of the fleet. Probably a cut and paste from that with a new surface texture. Have you never traveled to the VIP lounge on fleet?
It's the exact same thing. If you complain about one elevator, complain about the other.

DEVS: DO NOT change this elevator. It works just fine and it does what it needs to do and we don't need to be slowed down getting to where we need to go.
100% disagree. The fast elevator is distracting as the apartment should be a place where you can relax. But there are ways to make it work without changing much, the prefered option would be to add a pad that controls the elevator so that it moves manually instead of automatically. And no, elevators in strongholds are not the same as elevators in crowded areas. If you have guests in the stronghold they wouldn't appreciate it to be shot up or down.
空の、エンター·ザ·ボイドと風になる
------------------------------------------

Sarova
07.28.2018 , 01:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
The PvP toggle doesn't seem to be working properly.

Even though it is unchecked by default, your stronghold is still set to PvP. You have to click it on and then off again for PvP to be disabled.

Also, it is not remembering your setting when you log off. Every time you log in, you have to check PvP on and then off again for your stronghold to not allow PvP.
It took me a while to work out where to look to toggle PvP off/on (I'm a bit special ). I did not realise it was in the stronghold UI - I was running round looking for a button or terminal in the stronghold. After reading the above post I realised it must be in the UI, however I experienced the same issue. However once you enable then disable it seems to be working fine. As a stronghold decorator, I like this a lot - good job devs!
EDITED TO ADD: Just found out you need to enable/disable EVERY time you visit your stronghold for PvP to be off. I'm guessing this will be fixed by launch?
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treats™
Allow us to Buy Multiples of the same Stronghold
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

ShenLongKazama
07.28.2018 , 04:03 PM | #25
My last suggestions regarding the stronghold. I posted final suggestions for the apartment in it's thread.

Less/No craters

Please reduce the number of craters in the sand/ground or remove them entirely. Not necessarily a big issue but i think everyone would prefer if there's sand/dirt without those craters.

Reduce water level on ground

When you walk/run on the small island and some parts of the beach the water level is above the ground which causes the characters to basically walk through water instead on dirt. Don't know how to explain but to sum it up, please lower the water level at that locations so that we are actually walking on sand/dirt not water.

Thanks for listening to our feedback.
空の、エンター·ザ·ボイドと風になる

casirabit
07.28.2018 , 04:20 PM | #26
Quote:
Reduce water level on ground

When you walk/run on the small island and some parts of the beach the water level is above the ground which causes the characters to basically walk through water instead on dirt. Don't know how to explain but to sum it up, please lower the water level at that locations so that we are actually walking on sand/dirt not water

Please don't. I love running through the water on the beach area.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Nmyownworld
07.28.2018 , 08:13 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Therefore, I take back my point, objects do not need to always glow blue, only on mouse hover. Still, I feel that the clickable objects are hard to notice. A good solution would be to mark the objects on the map. Specifically:
  • Please add elevator/taxi symbols to the map for the speeder in the Cove Expansion, and the two speeders on the Sky Deck.
  • Please mark all bind points with symbols on the map. For example, you could use the Quick Travel symbol to mark the bind points. (even if they are not 'real" Quick Travel points)
An excellent solution. Please place the appropriate symbols on the map for the speeders and bind points.

ShenLongKazama
07.29.2018 , 12:09 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post

Please don't. I love running through the water on the beach area.
I didn't mean removing water effects at the beach but rather remove water at locations where it obviously should be dirt or sand only.
空の、エンター·ザ·ボイドと風になる

Elssha
07.29.2018 , 02:21 PM | #29
Could we please add QT points to the spawn locations? The markers are already there...seems I need to set the spawn for any character I put, instead of one and done type thing.

While I appreciate the individuality, It would be nice to set a universal one that a few might switch than having to set a default for each toon.

Could we also add a default spawn in the options menu? Would make it easier to invite groups if they could be directed where to spawn (for tournaments, huttball matches, etc. Especially new people might get lost, taking time from activities.

Jerba
07.30.2018 , 07:39 AM | #30
Actually, there is a bigger bug related to line-of-sight. On Friday, we only tested if casts are interrupted by line of sight. We did not test if AoE effects go through line of sight.
There's no one online for testing at the moment, so I healed NPCs instead.

In this first screenshot, you can see that I am clearly out of LoS of both NPCs, yet they receive healing from Kolto Waves.
In the second screenshot, I am standing in a different position, and you can see that my Kolto Waves don't go through the Imperial Wall. Apparently, only the center part is blocking LoS but not the sides.
In the third screenshot, you can see that the center part of the Security Fence is blocking LoS; in the previous screenshots I could heal through it just fine.

Worse, it seems that the LoS changes have bugged out most interactable decorations. I previously reported a bug with the Custom Huttball Stand:
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
The decoration "Custom Huttball Stand" appears to be bugged. If you click on it, you now get the error message "Target not visible", no matter which stronghold you place it in. I am pretty sure that it worked in a previous PTS build. Please ensure that this decoration is working again.
And I now found more decorations where I get the "Target not visible" bug:
I cannot put direct heals on the NPC from "Valkorion Holo"; I get the "Target not visible" bug. (On live, you can heal NPC decorations just fine, and obviously AoE heals are working on PTS)
Also, I cannot click the "Jukebox: Galactic Mysteries" decoration, it shows "Target not visible". On the other hand, "Jukebox: Stellar Hits" works correctly.

Frankly, it feels like I am the only one left testing PvP bugs and I don't have the time nor patience to go through every single decoration and check which ones work and which ones don't. And I don't think I can motivate my guildies to test how AoE line-of-sight is affected by decorations; and even if I could, line-of-sight in SWTOR is still very much an open problem. We veteran player have figured out most of the positioning issues over the last couple years, but I am still not 100% sure how LoS works, so I don't feel capable to test it.
All I can say is that: No, line-of-sight is not working correctly. It requires significantly more testing, more than I am able to do at the moment. This patch cannot go live, it is too buggy.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord