Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Bazaar vendors reputation change

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Cartel Bazaar vendors reputation change
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
07.17.2018 , 10:04 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

We wanted to address some of the questions we are seeing in this thread. As many of you in the thread already guessed, in 5.9.2 we will be combining all existing Cartel Market Reputations into one, the Underworld Exchange. Letís talk about why we are making this change and how it will work.

Why Combine the Reputations?
Having all of the older Reputations wasnít really serving a purpose anymore. Since we are direct selling most CM items and with the implementation of the Ultimate Pack we havenít been bringing back embargoed packs. This means there is no availability for players to get these Reputations. This also creates an issue for Cartel Market Certificates since they arenít consistent in how you acquire them, this makes it challenging to provide updated ways to spend them.

What Will Happen to my Existing Reputations?
All Cartel Market Reputations will now be combined into a single CM Rep, the Underworld Exchange. All progress you have from existing CM reps will be added together. Ex: If you are Legend right now in any CM rep, you will be a Legend in Underworld Exchange. If you are Champion in two of the reps, those values will be combined and could even rank you up.

What About the Legacy Titles / Rep Gear?
Any titles you have earned you will keep. Gear that you have will check against the new rep (which you will meet or exceed the requirement). Those titles will no longer be possible to earn. We may consider options for reintroducing those titles in the future, but there are no plans at this time.

How do I Earn Underworld Exchange Reputation?
Reputation tokens will be a guaranteed drop from Ultimate Cartel Packs unless you are at Legend status. Cartel Market Certificates are being added into the pack as a rare drop.

Thanks everyone, let me know if you have any questions!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

azudelphi
07.17.2018 , 10:12 AM | #12
Any way you can consider some form of goodie, freebie, feature, etc for those that shelled out enough credits / cash to get legend status in multiple cartel market reputations and will massively exceed what is required for legend on a single reputation?

I can foresee that being a sore spot for the people this would apply to...
Former Member of Squadron 367 - . = God
Here is the info: Referal Info - Here is the link: Referal Link

merovejec
07.17.2018 , 10:32 AM | #13
Nice change I was getting a bit pissed about all those reputations being so low with no way to getting them higher.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

SteveTheCynic
07.17.2018 , 10:35 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by azudelphi View Post
Any way you can consider some form of goodie, freebie, feature, etc for those that shelled out enough credits / cash to get legend status in multiple cartel market reputations and will massively exceed what is required for legend on a single reputation?

My view on that subject (and yes, I *am* one of those people):

meh

Actually, no, that's a little unfair to the subject. I am pleased with the change. Not so much for myself, as I have Legend on all of them except ICE, and that's on Champion, but for the rest of the players, old and new. (I also have a stock of 40-50 CMCs that I don't really know what to do with...)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

phalczen
07.17.2018 , 10:40 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by azudelphi View Post

I know its a longshot, but I certainly wouldn't turn away some free CM Certs, like maybe 5 for every reputation at legend above the first one, adding the total number of points. So, for example, there are six cartel market reputations. Initially the cartel tracks required more points than the in-game ones, but at some point they were changed, maybe with 5.0 even, and now they're all the same cumulative point totals, which is 70K points total to get you to Legend level. If you are at Legend for all six tracks then you would get 25 Certs, 5 x (6-1). If you were legend at one, and had 35k points in the remaining five tracks, then your combined point total would be 245k points, which is 175k points over legend, which would give you two legend levels above your first, so 10 Certs. If you were Legend in two tracks, and had 10K points in the remaining four tracks, then you combined total rep points would be 70+70+40 for 180k points, which is just over two legends' worth of points, so since you are one legend rank over your first, you'd get 5 Certs. I mean the numbers could be tweaked, of course, but Cartel Certificate Decos from the fleet vendor cost 1-2 and from the item vendors most big ticket items cost no more than 6 certs, so I thought this was a reasonable place to start.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

azudelphi
07.17.2018 , 10:42 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
My view on that subject (and yes, I *am* one of those people):

meh
Leveler heads will see it that way.

But people can get funny when real money is involved.

Edit: For what it's worth, I agree the reputation consolidation is a good idea. Just think for optics they should be careful about how they handle the overflow reputation of multi-legend vets.
Former Member of Squadron 367 - . = God
Here is the info: Referal Info - Here is the link: Referal Link

Jerba
07.17.2018 , 11:31 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Thanks everyone, let me know if you have any questions!
Sounds fine to me! I also have more than one (but not all) of the CM factions at legend, and I don't mind being "leveled down" to only one faction, as long as we get to keep the titles. It's not like other players can inspect you and see your reputation; only the achievements are visible.

Ideally, you'd also update the existing reputation trophies so they now increase standing with the new faction. I'm not sure if I may have a trophy lying around on some alt somewhere, so it would be nice to still be able to use them post-5.9.2, but I don't it mind too much.

Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
I know its a longshot, but I certainly wouldn't turn away some free CM Certs, like maybe 5 for every reputation at legend above the first one, adding the total number of points.
Free stuff is always nice, though I still have 2700 CM certs left from the slot machines, so a couple more of them wouldn't faze me. But it would be a nice gift for those who need CM certs.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Rrusalka
07.17.2018 , 12:01 PM | #18
@Eric,

What will become of the Contraband Slot Machine with this change? Will it be updated or just slowly fade away?

Thanks

EricMusco
07.17.2018 , 12:44 PM | #19 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Rrusalka View Post
@Eric,

What will become of the Contraband Slot Machine with this change? Will it be updated or just slowly fade away?

Thanks
It remains unchanged. Any items which previously granted rep for a CM rep will now grant Underworld Exchange rep instead.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Rrusalka
07.17.2018 , 12:46 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
It remains unchanged. Any items which previously granted rep for a CM rep will now grant Underworld Exchange rep instead.

-eric
Nice!