Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DiavoIa
07.07.2018 , 06:00 AM | #11
I just posted same concept as Hottie in the pvp forums, exactly the same idea. The map needs work, it's to elevated and no competitive teams want that, it's like in orbital, good teams never go up top because there is too much rng with knockbacks

DiavoIa
07.07.2018 , 06:14 AM | #12
It's too elevated, it's too separated. Teams who run hardswap will want to be at the top whilst teams who run pressure will want to fight down inside the hill. There are going to be stalemates due to a team not wanting to go up to the elevated platform. One knockback for a hardswap team is pretty much a guaranteed kill. No one likes going up top in teams in orbital, they certainly will not want to go up top in the new rishi map, I think to resolve the hill needs to be lower and and maybe ramps going up, built a bit like a pyramid. I'm very concerned about this new map, he who has the best knockback wins, not he who has the best team. Oh and not to mention there is a spawn bug where you die when you run out of spawn

B-Quick
07.09.2018 , 06:15 PM | #13
Bioware make this a sticky post so it won't get lost in the ether, please!!!
The One and Only Gilgamesh
2nd Rate Tank
1st Rate Vengeance
LD-Fifty

alexsamma
07.10.2018 , 06:20 PM | #14
I believe previous posters have highlighted the major issues with this arena and want to bump this so that it stays at the top of the devs list.

Please do not push this map to live as is!

septru
07.11.2018 , 12:21 AM | #15
Please do not allow this map into the ranked que. It will give certain classes an extreme advantage.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."

DiavoIa
07.11.2018 , 05:37 AM | #16
Bump

I'd rather have no map at all than the current state of this map. It's a beautiful map however it is not ranked friendly at all.

TrixxieTriss
07.12.2018 , 10:06 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
Please do not allow this map into the ranked que. It will give certain classes an extreme advantage.
That’s not real very helpful feed back. Maybe tell them what classes and why

vadess
07.14.2018 , 11:18 AM | #18
My one concern about the way the arena is now, there is almost no reason to use the basement, unless you're trying t avoid the acid until the last minute, there is no reason to go down there. So that's 50% of the map kinda wasted. Not sure how to improve it.

MFollin
07.14.2018 , 05:31 PM | #19
Not that I'm a fan of arenas to begin with, but I do not like this arena at all. I don't even know where to begin to make this arena any fun, and frankly I'd prefer if the arena was just scrapped. It's closer to being a decent Quake 3 map than a decent SWTOR arena at this point

I like the decoration theme though.

Jerba
07.14.2018 , 08:27 PM | #20
I got the new Rishi arena three times today, and I really like the new LoS blockers and the railings that you put in. Also, it looks like you fixed the bugs with the invisible walls; I didn't notice those today.

I still think that it takes way too long to get up if you are knocked down. With some bad luck, a player may be out of the match for 15 seconds until he can get back up.
In the future, I suppose players will make sure to not stand near the edge so they won't get kicked down, and this is a valid workaround. But I am not sure if it is better to change the arena instead.
For example, one solution would be to lower the height of the center platform by half. That way, you don't have to run up as much as you do now. In addition, you could add two more ramps so that you can get up on 4 sides, not just 2. But maybe just reducing the height of the center could be enough.
Like I said, I'm not 100% sure if it is needed to make such a change, it could just be a L2P issue and players need to adapt. On other maps it is easier to get back up, but maybe it is better to have some variety, and have one arena where getting knocked down is punishing.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord