EricMusco

Hey. IDEA.

We have PvP and PvE instances for most planets, right? Why not just do that for the stronghold?

Stronghold owners who do not want any PvP stuff at all could just have their stronghold in the PvE instance and not have to worry about it at all, even if their stronghold is publicly listed.

Stronghold owners who DO want PvP but don't necessarily want strangers griefing them or their visitors could just set the PvE mode as public and keep the PvP mode private or for their friends and guilds.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, add a residency building by the entrance of the stronghold. As many people have already stated, a perfect example of what is needed: The Blaster's Path Cantina.

Outside view:

https://imgur.com/FVIVYCN

Entrance:

https://imgur.com/yLdQ7NO

Dancers:

https://imgur.com/HrvxW6a

Band:

https://imgur.com/qiWAb85

Bar:

https://imgur.com/U9yo3ML

Gambling tables:

https://imgur.com/NjnBsAZ

Top floorplan:

https://imgur.com/DgiNJ27

Bottom floorplan:

https://imgur.com/nrsOCt3

I can live with the trash. I'll deal with the pvp notifications every time I enter. I'll get used to not having companions out and put up with not being able to mount....but please, for all that is left sacred in this game, at least give us this cantina.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

Seriously, add a residency building by the entrance of the stronghold. As many people have already stated, a perfect example of what is needed: The Blaster's Path Cantina.

Outside view:

Entrance:

Dancers:

Band:

Bar:

Gambling tables:

Top floorplan:

Bottom floorplan:

I can live with the trash. I'll deal with the pvp notifications every time I enter. I'll get used to not having companions out and put up with not being able to mount....but please, for all that left sacred in this game, at least give us this cantina.

Tony, today you are my favorite person on the forum, lol. I hope the devs look at your post and see how many others have brought it up, then add the thing. Seriously, I'd be willing to wait even longer for the SH to go live if it meant getting that cantina.

Tony, today you are my favorite person on the forum, lol. I hope the devs look at your post and see how many others have brought it up, then add the thing. Seriously, I'd be willing to wait even longer for the SH to go live if it meant getting that cantina.

We should start a petition :p

though, if I'm being honest, I would prefer they leave the various things like gambling tables, bars, and such as decoration we could purchase so that people can put them where they want, or not include them if they so choose.

Yes, I think it's good for a stronghold to be flavorful in its structures and environment but otherwise a blank slate so we can customize as much as we like.

Ok, today in addition to poking around the stronghold some more I also went through the whole decos inventory, and I noticed a really big oversight: It looks like a few beach towel & beach umbrella decos are going to be released, which fit on a Floor Covering hook... but there are no Floor Covering hooks on the beach or the island at all. :eek:

Please do leave these as Floor Covering hooks (because we want to be able to put other things on top of or under them), just litter the beach with these hook types. And I mean lots of them; don't just stagger three hooks incrementally along the beach or something ridiculous like that, because three solitary evenly spaced beach towels are going to look really stupid. Lots and lots of Floor Covering hooks!

And while you're working on the hooks on the beach, in addition to the suggestions I made in this post here, please just make every single Narrow hook on the beach a Medium. In all cases of Narrows on this beach a Medium would fit just fine.

There should never be just an arbitrary Narrow if a Medium or a Large would fit in the space instead. There should never be an arbitrary Small if a Narrow would fit instead. Basically, as I said repeatedly in this older thread of feedback on the Manaan hooks (and as other people have said repeatedly throughout this thread too): Place the largest hook possible for a given space, so long as that hook comes with layout options to break it down into smaller hooks. (You also really need to convert every instance of a Large hook without the grid of Smalls in it into a Standard Large with the grid of Smalls.) I can't escape the feeling that whoever is placing hooks in these strongholds is doing so with their own vision in mind; "Hey, I bet this would be a great place for people to want to line up a row of soldiers guarding the perimeter, I'll just put a row of Smalls here." I'm not saying that devs shouldn't ever have their own vision in mind (duh, obviously devs need a vision), but for functions that are specifically about letting the players exercise their creativity the goal should be to create the most versatile and neutral space possible. Don't anticipate what we might be decorating, let us decide that for ourselves and just give us the maximum amount of hooks possible with the greatest customizability possible, and in this case that means, again, placing the largest hook possible for a given space, so long as that hook comes with layout options to break it down into smaller hooks.

Also, I know I'm a broken record, but I really don't think this can be said enough: You need to preemptively address the question of caps on strongholds. This is forever going to be a problem so long as you keep releasing strongholds. I want you to keep releasing strongholds! But they'll do me no good (and I won't be able to spend more money on decos and unlocks) if I can't unlock more strongholds because I'm not willing to sacrifice countless hours of meticulous work on my other strongholds. In this Suggestions post I propose a way of increasing the cap that nets you guys a profit, and in it I also talk about how unjustifiably arbitrary it would be to limit people to 10 strongholds when the server merges proved we can have up to 35, so if you're going to set a cap it should not be 10.

Looks great so far:

• I would add a lot more ceiling hooks for lights and other items to hang.
  • Beach area needs more hooks over all. Some even in the water would be nice. More on the tiny island.
  • A way to get around the first PvP area for those visiting the SH and are not currently pvping. If there is a pvp match taking place, and i log into the SH, I'm stuck on the landing doc till the match is over.
  • We need more Stronghold names or titles or whatever their called. XXX's Hideout, XXX's Museum, XXX's Retreat. etc

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Add smaller hooks to the CENTERPIECE hook! It hurts to no end that i can't place people or objects around any of the decorations that fit only on the centerpiece hook. Copero Large Bar, Arrangement: Jedi War Table, Arrangement: Luxury Spa, Arrangement: Stocked Camp, Manaan: Lounge Set, Rishi Hut... just to name a few. All of these look barren and out of place when you place them on the centerpiece hook without the ability to add characters or what not around them. So some small, medium and large hooks would be fantastic.

Thanks so much for listening.

Edited by Banthabreeder

While we're on the topic of hooks I'd really like to know who thought this https://imgur.com/loMlnzL was a good layout? Seriously? Over half the floor is empty! I have tried and tried to make something out of that room and it all just looks terrible! Anything you put in the middle looks ridiculous. Additionally, why is there only one rug hook for this massive room? You could easily fit two in there?

Why are you being so stingy with hooks when the completion of a stronghold has no effect on anything in the game anymore? For that matter, why is completion even a thing anymore? These are things that need to be addressed for this SH and any moving forward. The entire stronghold system is outdated these days. It needs some tlc and a facelift.

Also, I'd like to say that the silence from any devs in this thread is absolutely deafening. Can we please have an open dialogue about this stuff?

Edited by DuchessKristania

I can live with the trash. I'll deal with the pvp notifications every time I enter. I'll get used to not having companions out and put up with not being able to mount....but please, for all that is left sacred in this game, at least give us this cantina.

I have to say, i did not have the details of this building in mind, but seing that, it'd indeed make for a wonderfull home. I could totally accept that the surrounding looks absolutely uggly if i could get that building, or something similar to have an actual home inside.

Edited by Goreshaga

So guys, you got our feedback. And quite a lot by the looks of it.

The big question is are you willing to address these constructive suggestions and perhaps delay the release of the stronghold to accommodate the majority of everyone's feedback or are you just going to address a few tweaks here and there just to get this out on July 31?

I personally would prefer you delay the launch of this providing you seriously make a large portion of changes everyone is suggesting. With all that has been discussed, I know there is no way you can make all or most of the changes by the end of the month. Understanding, by no means am I saying you should do 100% of everyone's ideas but a good portion would go a long way with the fanbase. If you just add a single hook here, and fix a single pvp issue there, just to get this out on the 31st you will have missed a great opportunity to appease your fan base and make this one of the best strongholds ever.

Does anyone else agree with me? We've waited this long, another month can't hurt us providing a majority of the concerns are addressed and fixed or modified.

I personally would prefer you delay the launch of this providing you seriously make a large portion of changes everyone is suggesting. With all that has been discussed, I know there is no way you can make all or most of the changes by the end of the month. Understanding, by no means am I saying you should do 100% of everyone's ideas but a good portion would go a long way with the fanbase. If you just add a single hook here, and fix a single pvp issue there, just to get this out on the 31st you will have missed a great opportunity to appease your fan base and make this one of the best strongholds ever.

Does anyone else agree with me? We've waited this long, another month can't hurt us providing a majority of the concerns are addressed and fixed or modified.

I 100% agree with you. I'd wait another month, perhaps even more, if it means the team will make some of the changes suggested, (especially the addition of the cantina as a building.) This stronghold could be so much more than it is without taking anything away from the PvP element. It's been requested for so long, by so many, please consider making it something that appeals to a broader base.

The big question is are you willing to address these constructive suggestions and perhaps delay the release of the stronghold to accommodate the majority of everyone's feedback or are you just going to address a few tweaks here and there just to get this out on July 31?

I agree with all of this. The devs are never going to be able to please every single player but there has been consensus in this thread (and others) about numerous issues with the stronghold. Holding it back for a month or two to get things right and truly work with the con-crit that has been offered, and making it more welcoming to a wider population of fans, would go a long way to make some players happy, make other players feel less alienated, and ensure that more people want to buy and use the stronghold.

Especially since most if not all of the suggestions being made would in no way affect people who want to use the SH as it is presented currently. It would simply give more options to more players and perhaps result in more usage and purchase of this property.

I'm sure the devs don't build things with the hopes that it's going to be hated and is going to make players unhappy, right?

I'm more than willing to wait if the end product will be something that will work for more players.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I was thinking, it would be nice if a ramp was made at the point of entry deck to the right, which is the direction where the beach lies (if you're facing the town), that way people who wish to forgo the pvp/town area and go straight for the beach, could just go down that ramp and head for the beach. As it stands, to avoid town, I have to jump off the deck into the water and lose 1/3+ of my life.

In addition, I think it's important to eliminate most or all of the trash heaps and replace it with hooks and provide trash deco on Felusia for a cheap price, for those who desire trash. Static decos suck because they may not be what a person wants in that place.

Also, turning off the pvp features like on a toggle, would be great too, like others said I don't appreciate being kicked off my speeder or my companion sent away and large red warnings flashing in my face.

And ultimately, there is a great need to have small hooks on the centerpiece and massive structure squares, so that personnel and smaller decos can be added to customize a large decoration. Carpet hooks on the gross planks would be nice as well, and increasing the deco slider up from 20 to 30 or more, would also be great.

If these things were implemented I could make the SH work for my needs, and it would be appreciated.

I noticed something today in the decoration list. There is a decoration people could actually use if they wanted junk/trash. It is called debris (not sure of the exact name) so why couldn't they just put hooks there and let people that want the junk use that instead of what they did with the junk.

Ok. So I was thinking about decorating Rishi while at work today. I've been pretty stumped and lacking any inspiration. I've seen a number of people asking for hooks in the water, but I really couldn't think of what I'd put on one. A statue perhaps? Wrecked shuttle? Not too exciting since I have a lot of that on Yavin. Then I realized, I need a starship hook in the water for my Worldbreaker Monolith! This needs to be a thing! Please make it so!

Ok. So I was thinking about decorating Rishi while at work today. I've been pretty stumped and lacking any inspiration. I've seen a number of people asking for hooks in the water, but I really couldn't think of what I'd put on one. A statue perhaps? Wrecked shuttle? Not too exciting since I have a lot of that on Yavin. Then I realized, I need a starship hook in the water for my Worldbreaker Monolith! This needs to be a thing! Please make it so!

Some of the speeders can pass as boats as well. The cantina skiff and others of that nature. Some of the promo speeadeers could pass as speedboats. There are a lot of fun things that a person could do with that. Also, there are some new rock decos that would be kind of cool in the water.

I 100% agree with you. I'd wait another month, perhaps even more, if it means the team will make some of the changes suggested, (especially the addition of the cantina as a building.) This stronghold could be so much more than it is without taking anything away from the PvP element. It's been requested for so long, by so many, please consider making it something that appeals to a broader base.

Wait what? I definitely do not want to wait 30 days for a cantina. You can make your own in any one of the number of buildings/rooms already there.

Nothing seems to be functionally broken so that it would need 30 days of work. When it comes to the cosmetic stuff, they can change that later. I did really like the idea about having hooks in shallow waters. I can see some cool creations there. But in general, cosmetically, I'm good with everything enough to release it.

Functionally, the only truly frustrating issue I've encountered is sometimes I cannot click on the Huttball - no matter what I do - until I relog. It's only here n there. But that may be annoying if a few players cant grab the ball every other match, and we have to keep restarting the match until everyone can click it. So I guess that should possibly be looked into, but otherwise it seems to play okay for what it is...

And I say "for what it is" not in a necessarily negative way... For starters, in the 8v8 Skydeck Arena:

• You can use your vehicle while out of combat.
  • You can "stealth-out" and use your legacy jetpack.
  • If you're not grouped, but select a team/color, you are included on their team and can essentially sabotage it by attacking your teammates.
  • Sometimes you don't die when knocked out of the endzone.
  • Sometimes falling out of the endzone during Huttball, and dying, results in a goal - even when the ball is at the spawn.
  • Phasewalk seems to work behind the endzone (maybe in the endzone as well, cant remember)
  • The gold key owners can move decorations while playing in a match - trapping other players or gaining an advantage.
  • The scoreboard only displays up to 3 kills or points. After a team scores 3, the announcer will verbally acknowledge scores, but the board does not count them.

However, none of those are game breaking. Some are even pretty fun. I especially like seeing everyone pop out from the opening bell, all on their speeder bikes, Rancors, and Recon Walkers, charging towards the ball, then watching dots and sniper shots knock friendlies off their bikes. It's pretty cool. Knocking people out of the endzone for a point is kinda funny as well. Trapping friends under a large decoration, while they carry the Huttball, also is pretty fun. And quite frankly... the goal for this area should not be to make a perfect Huttball/Deathmatch Arena, that's perfectly balanced for competitive Stronghold PvP play. This wont be that... This will be "fun with friends". And there is no need to delay it, from what I've seen.

Edited by AndriusAjax

I'm hoping damage dealing decorations are in the works. I didn't read all previous pages but I expect someone mentioned it already. You can't have Huttball without traps!

It would also be a cool mechanic for duels and open-pvp game play. I'm thinking something simple like a flat pool of acid or spike trap. It doesn't even have to toggle. It could just be a static damage dealing deco. But now that I think about it, you could make it toggle-able like the turret decorations for extra fun. So certain players can manually turn the spikes on, trying to time people in it. Spectators could even do it!

And that makes me wonder... would it be possible to use the Voidstar bomb decoration in the 8v8 area as a way to add "points"? Currently goals and kills make the score board go up. But if a Voidstar bomb (or 2) placed inside could add points to the scoreboard, I can see some awesome maze-like, node-cap creations... Anyways, just a tip for the future. I'm not asking you to work on it for 30 days and THEN release it.

My only critique, and again, it definitely doesn't require a month delay, is that the hooks in the Huttball area are a bit .... non-meaningful. First off, I assume anyone wanting to decorate it for a Huttball game will typically want to use the Huttball Prefab (or whatever it's called. The extremely large decoration with the several catwalks). So assuming that you're interested in making it a Huttball course, and you're using the Prefab-Catwalks, I feel that, besides the 2 large hooks near the ball, and the hook under the catwalk leading up to the endzone, all of the rest are pretty non-meaningful. I guess a couple of hooks can be used to add ramp-like decos (my tank), or to obstruct some view (tree). But otherwise, the hooks are kind-of near the sides, and in places that most ball carriers wont go. So if I had a request, id ask for more hooks underneath the catwalks. That way, we can place things that shoot up through the catwalks and make each player's arena more unique. As it stands, all will look pretty similar, with the only differences being what large items you used next to the ball spawn (like my Revan and Starship Wall)

Here are a few areas I'd add some hooks:

Underneath the catwalks leading up to the goaline

Underneath the primary catwalk - right next to the ball. Or maybe even ON the Ball...

Not the best screens shots, but I wanted to show that placing hooks underneath the catwalks gives us options to manipulate decorations to have en effect on the lower, middle and upper tiers.

Lastly AND BY FAR the most important:You HAVE to put a hook in front of each of the lower ramps so we can block people from staying on the ground the entire time.

They completely ruin the catwalks as well as any potential trap or change in hooks. The floor is the absolute best place to be to score a goal. Once you grab the ball, its not a far dash to get to these ramps. Putting a hook -- literally directly underneath stairs -- would allow us to block it off. Making enemies use the top/middle catwalk makes the entire structure makes sense. When they can score from the floor, games are very boring.

EDIT: It would be awesome if this large decoration could slide all the way over to the left and touch the main catwalk system. It would greatly change how pushbacks work on that platform. More touching hooks would be nice, and then having those touching hooks be able to touch the main catwalks (as to extend corners, etc) would be nice. We could fundamentally change how the arenas work when we can make them touch.

EDIT 2: It would be nice to be able to change the layout of the individual hooks within the Huttball layout. Meaning, the two Centerpiece hooks near the ball could be changed to 4 Blue hooks. Etc. As it stands, after you choose the primary layout, you cannot edit the individual layouts.

Edited by AndriusAjax

Outside view:

Entrance:

Dancers:

Band:

Bar:

Gambling tables:

Top floorplan:

Bottom floorplan:

Excellent suggestion; I had thought expanding one of the existing rooms like the sun room to be space for a cantina or whatever but this is so much better. I like the oculus in the round rooms, however they don't add much and the cantina building is more what I would prefer compared to the industrial round rooms in the current SH.

Edited by Everrgreen
adding info

Wait what? I definitely do not want to wait 30 days for a cantina. You can make your own in any one of the number of buildings/rooms already there.

I don't want a cantina, I want the specific building used as the cantina in Raider's Cove. The building used for The Blaster Path Cantina is what I'm talking about. It would fit the pirate theme very well. They could just copy and paste the exact layout and it would work. I want a building that is functional as a home. The current buildings are all one round room, with grease stained floors, no ceiling hooks, and limited hooks in general.

The new wall decos are cool, but they're very limited by hooks and can only do so much.

It's fine if that stuff isn't important to you, it doesn't have to be. Clearly the PvP element is what you're most interested in, which is cool. But wouldn't you want them to take 30 more days if those elements had been as badly handled as some of the non-PvP elements? They said the stronghold was for everyone, with PvP added. Rishi has been asked for by so many, for so long, there is no reason they shouldn't take the time they need to offer something for everyone.

Edited by DuchessKristania

Just wanted to quickly give my 2 cents. All the things I don't like about the stronghold have been posted here numerous times but I think it is important to let the devs know how many players feel the same:

1. Hooks - way too few, especially outside. Beach, isle, shallow water, some areas outside where there are almost no hooks. Add more rug hooks as well. Also I support the hook suggestions by nomadicmouse on page 13 and the various other hook suggestions in this thread - they all sound good.

2. Slum look /debris - remove the debris (as suggested let people put debris as decoration), change the lighting, make it more hospitable in general. For the future: please drop the idea of putting some fixed decos into a stronghold already.

3. Navigation - still can't find my way around the stronghold because there are so many fake doors and rooms. Also needs quick travel points.

I also support the idea stated above regarding blaster path cantina building.

I completely agree with this.

Outside view:

Entrance:

Dancers:

Band:

Bar:

Gambling tables:

Top floorplan:

Bottom floorplan:

This would be awesome. If they gave us this, I'd be a happy happy camper. And just think of all the oodles of money they could make flogging those decos. And I'd be willing to wait for them to add it on, if need be.

Edited by Lunafox

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I just wanted to thank you for all of the great feedback in this thread! We are looking at having an update to PTS late this week and there are quite a few Rishi changes planned. I will have a comprehensive list of what is changing alongside with patch.

Thanks and keep it coming.

-eric

Hey folks,

I just wanted to thank you for all of the great feedback in this thread! We are looking at having an update to PTS late this week and there are quite a few Rishi changes planned. I will have a comprehensive list of what is changing alongside with patch.

-eric

Regardless how anyone feels one way or the other about the stronghold, or how the final product may turn out, I'm appreciative that BW is taking the time to both solicit and react to feedback on the stronghold.

Thanks, Eric & Team.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thank you.