Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mongorr
07.10.2018 , 12:36 AM | #171
Just wanted to quickly give my 2 cents. All the things I don't like about the stronghold have been posted here numerous times but I think it is important to let the devs know how many players feel the same:

1. Hooks - way too few, especially outside. Beach, isle, shallow water, some areas outside where there are almost no hooks. Add more rug hooks as well. Also I support the hook suggestions by nomadicmouse on page 13 and the various other hook suggestions in this thread - they all sound good.

2. Slum look /debris - remove the debris (as suggested let people put debris as decoration), change the lighting, make it more hospitable in general. For the future: please drop the idea of putting some fixed decos into a stronghold already.

3. Navigation - still can't find my way around the stronghold because there are so many fake doors and rooms. Also needs quick travel points.

I also support the idea stated above regarding blaster path cantina building.

Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
So guys, you got our feedback. And quite a lot by the looks of it.

The big question is are you willing to address these constructive suggestions and perhaps delay the release of the stronghold to accommodate the majority of everyone's feedback or are you just going to address a few tweaks here and there just to get this out on July 31?

I personally would prefer you delay the launch of this providing you seriously make a large portion of changes everyone is suggesting. With all that has been discussed, I know there is no way you can make all or most of the changes by the end of the month. Understanding, by no means am I saying you should do 100% of everyone's ideas but a good portion would go a long way with the fanbase. If you just add a single hook here, and fix a single pvp issue there, just to get this out on the 31st you will have missed a great opportunity to appease your fan base and make this one of the best strongholds ever.

Does anyone else agree with me? We've waited this long, another month can't hurt us providing a majority of the concerns are addressed and fixed or modified.
I completely agree with this.
My "Zakuuluscant" stronghold (image album):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hK9IR1Bd8zWJjpTc2
My smuggler-themed Tatooine stronghold (image album):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JAgFitYVwctqBEhz1

Lunafox
07.10.2018 , 12:43 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
Seriously, add a residency building by the entrance of the stronghold. As many people have already stated, a perfect example of what is needed: The Blaster's Path Cantina.

Outside view:
https://imgur.com/FVIVYCN

Entrance:
https://imgur.com/yLdQ7NO

Dancers:
https://imgur.com/HrvxW6a

Band:
https://imgur.com/qiWAb85

Bar:
https://imgur.com/U9yo3ML

Gambling tables:

https://imgur.com/NjnBsAZ

Top floorplan:
https://imgur.com/DgiNJ27

Bottom floorplan:
https://imgur.com/nrsOCt3

I can live with the trash. I'll deal with the pvp notifications every time I enter. I'll get used to not having companions out and put up with not being able to mount....but please, for all that is left sacred in this game, at least give us this cantina.
This would be awesome. If they gave us this, I'd be a happy happy camper. And just think of all the oodles of money they could make flogging those decos. And I'd be willing to wait for them to add it on, if need be.

EricMusco
07.10.2018 , 08:16 AM | #173 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

I just wanted to thank you for all of the great feedback in this thread! We are looking at having an update to PTS late this week and there are quite a few Rishi changes planned. I will have a comprehensive list of what is changing alongside with patch.

Thanks and keep it coming.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

xordevoreaux
07.10.2018 , 08:32 AM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I just wanted to thank you for all of the great feedback in this thread! We are looking at having an update to PTS late this week and there are quite a few Rishi changes planned. I will have a comprehensive list of what is changing alongside with patch.

-eric
Regardless how anyone feels one way or the other about the stronghold, or how the final product may turn out, I'm appreciative that BW is taking the time to both solicit and react to feedback on the stronghold.
Thanks, Eric & Team.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

casirabit
07.10.2018 , 08:52 AM | #175
Hey folks,

-eric

Thank you.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

go_rogue
07.10.2018 , 08:53 AM | #176
So after doing all my initial exploring to see how awesome this place actually looks, it's time to provide an extremely detailed feedback.
  • I'm going to lump the crafting of the new MK-4 prefabs in with this since I need to craft them for the decos for the Rishi stronghold. While crafting them, I noticed that the count is not going up for the Industrial, Synthetic, and Universal prefab achievement under Strongholds > Strongholds > Crafting Prefabs. The count I came over with has remained the same. I hope that the new MK-4s will actually increase the achievement count when 5.9.2 goes live.
  • For the PVP zones, please remove the auto-dismount when entering and leaving it. Also, the buttons the seal it in, for those people who may not necessarily want a PVP zone at all, provide an option in there to disable PVP altogether.
  • In the observation area of the Team PVP zone, there are two medium/narrow hooks that face backwards as seen in this screenshot. Seems insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but when planting down my prefab droids, it stuck out like a sore thumb.
  • Some new decos in the deco list that I assume are part of a decoration bundle coming out on the Cartel Market in 5.9.2 require a Floor Covering Hook. These are the Beach Towel (Red), Beach Towel (Purple), and Beach Umbrella (Red). Neither the main beach in front of the starship hook nor the little island beach have a Floor Covering hook. Please add some Floor Covering Hooks in those locations for these decorations.
  • Speedy the Turtle walks into the building at the end of the beach. I suggest redoing his path to go around the building and around any decoration hook placements.
  • When entering the hidden cave off the beach, there’s a visual glitch that can be seen here.
  • Please add additional decoration hooks in the water between the main beach/landing zone area and the island beach. I’m thinking of a pathway of small, small-medium, and medium decoration hooks so players can put in torches and other types of decorations as a pathway leading out to the beach island.

This is what I have so far. I'm sure I'll have more as I continue looking at the stronghold in detail and plopping down decorations, but I wanted to get this out to the devs before the PTS update in hopes that something here might be seen before they change things.

Also, I know that normally toons are deleted when the PTS gets updates and whatnot (or that's what I read), and the lazy part of me doesn't want to re-craft all those MK-4 prefabs again. Are our toons staying, per chance? Or are we going to be copying toons over again?

TonyTricicolo
07.10.2018 , 08:58 AM | #177
Hey folks,

-eric
i am quite impressed with this statement Eric and I hope it is sincere. In the past few days since PTS opened up and The Rishi Stronghold was revealed, tons and tons of people took the time review and report their findings. The extremes were utter dissatisfaction to absolute adoration. However, one common theme that most folks agreed upon was how to improve the stronghold. Pages, upon pages, spread across numerous threads detailing specifics on how to correct the noticeable flaws took time from those players lives...and to be honest, I personally was starting to feel like what is the point of us giving feedback when there is no back and forth conversation between the players and the developers. We know you guys can't read everything nor respond accordingly to everything we write, but the fact that you took the time to acknowledge our part reinforces my faith. I look forward, with anticipation, to see what "this comprehensive list" entails.
Fortune and glory, kid! Fortune and glory!!
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

DuchessKristania
07.10.2018 , 09:39 AM | #178
Hey folks,

-eric
thank you so so much for replying, Eric! I really do appeciate all the work that has gone into the Rishi SH, and I appreciate the team giving us this chance to test things out and give our feedback. Even if some of the bigger changes requested don't happen, it still means a lot to be given the opportunity to be a part of the creative process.
#SaveSWTOR

♥Death Should Never Silence Love♥

go_rogue
07.10.2018 , 09:40 AM | #179
So after doing all my initial exploring to see how awesome this place actually looks, it's time to provide an extremely detailed feedback.
  • I'm going to lump the crafting of the new MK-4 prefabs in with this since I need to craft them for the decos for the Rishi stronghold. While crafting them, I noticed that the count is not going up for the Industrial, Synthetic, and Universal prefab achievement under Strongholds > Strongholds > Crafting Prefabs. The count I came over with has remained the same. I hope that the new MK-4s will actually increase the achievement count when 5.9.2 goes live.
  • For the PVP zones, please remove the auto-dismount when entering and leaving it. Also, the buttons the seal it in, for those people who may not necessarily want a PVP zone at all, provide an option in there to disable PVP altogether.
  • In the observation area of the Team PVP zone, there are two medium/narrow hooks that face backwards as seen in this screenshot. Seems insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but when planting down my prefab droids, it stuck out like a sore thumb.
  • Some new decos in the deco list that I assume are part of a decoration bundle coming out on the Cartel Market in 5.9.2 require a Floor Covering Hook. These are the Beach Towel (Red), Beach Towel (Purple), and Beach Umbrella (Red). Neither the main beach in front of the starship hook nor the little island beach have a Floor Covering hook. Please add some Floor Covering Hooks in those locations for these decorations.
  • Speedy the Turtle walks into the building at the end of the beach. I suggest redoing his path to go around the building and around any decoration hook placements.
  • When entering the hidden cave off the beach, there’s a visual glitch that can be seen here.
  • Please add additional decoration hooks in the water between the main beach/landing zone area and the island beach. I’m thinking of a pathway of small, small-medium, and medium decoration hooks so players can put in torches and other types of decorations as a pathway leading out to the beach island.

This is what I have so far. I'm sure I'll have more as I continue looking at the stronghold in detail and plopping down decorations, but I wanted to get this out to the devs before the PTS update in hopes that something here might be seen before they change things.

Also, I know that normally toons are deleted when the PTS gets updates and whatnot (or that's what I read), and the lazy part of me doesn't want to re-craft all those MK-4 prefabs again. Are our toons staying, per chance? Or are we going to be copying toons over again?

go_rogue
07.10.2018 , 09:42 AM | #180
Eric, I somehow double posted. Please feel free to delete the second post.