EricMusco

I like the stronghold very much so far. In terms of hook layout, I think it is much improved from Manaan. I am going to be very picky in my feedback, though, as this is a great chance for us to get it exactly as we want. I will edit this post to add hook layout feedback bit by bit.

All my comments assume that the movement limit of 20 units in each direction is staying put. If it could possibly be increased to 30 or 40, so much more would be possible with the hook arrangements as they are (both for this stronghold and the others).

General Hook Layout Options

I am very pleased by the addition the "Arena" massive array of hook options available on the Sky deck. Being able to choose between Arena, lots of Starship hooks, and a large/medium mix is great. For even more versatility, please consider adding more layout options to large hooks, as per this image. I hope to eventually add an image with centrepiece layout suggestions too. The new massive centrepiece wall decorations you've added via the martial vendors are great, but what would make them even better would be if we could place other decorations close to them.

Sky Deck

I love how you made the Large Training Arena a floor covering, leaving all the other hooks in the arena layout open to however we want to place them. However, I am puzzled by the positioning of some of the hooks in the arena layout, particularly when combined with the ramps that lead from the floor up to the scoring areas for each team. It is so easy to get from the huttball to the scoring line without bothering with the ramps and platforms of the arena decoration. It's the skillful navigation of this structure that's traditional of huttball, but all that can pretty much be ignored because of the ramps from floor to score that are part of the stronghold itself. And the hooks as we have them don't give many options to place obstructions in the way of getting to that built-in floor-to-score ramp.

Captain's Quarters

Because of the gap between the hooks in front of the central wall, we can't put decorations right in the middle of that wall (a frustration for us who like symmetry). I would like an additional medium hook to be placed in the middle and the existing hooks to move away to either side (which would have the added benefit of letting us put decs in the previously barren corners). Alternatively, just apply the layouts from the port or starboard quarters, which don't have the gap between hooks in front of their centre walls.

Edited by Estelindis

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick takeaway: I'll probably buy the stronghold when 5.9.2 comes out. For me, I suspect I would spend the majority of my time in the carrier, as that has the cozier, small rooms, than I would elsewhere in the stronghold.

Definitely some good things here.

1. I absolutely 100% disagree with everyone on this thread who's pining away about not having an antiseptic, sterile, totally clean, dust-free stronghold. Without Odessen being a decoratable stronghold, THANK GOD we finally have something here with the Rishi stronghold offering a "slummy" motif and one that fits with the Rishi run-down pirate cove motif. BRAVO on that. For everyone who was looking for Rishi to be a summer home on Key Largo, complete with liquor drinks available in coconut shells and being able to sun themselves on chaise lounges on the sand, well, maybe next time. This is Rishi, not Key Largo, and the decor and the motif fit the planet.

2. I like its expansiveness and attention to detail. Stuff everywhere. Very nice. It's obvious you spent a ton of time on it.

3. I'm glad none of the deco hooks (unlike Manaan!) have been placed directly in the middle of a place where one would naturally walk. You have them off to the side of traffic areas (like on walkways) which is fine.

4. The locking gates things make sense (despite being able to lock ourselves in place if we're standing where the gate appears when we activate it). I imagine that's to keep people when I want people out and not just a functionality of the PVP area for a PVP reason. Right...?

Things I don't like about it.

1. I realize you get it back as soon as you leave the PVP area, but I want a way to enter the stronghold without losing my companion. Yes, you can use the buttons behind you when you first zone in (once unlocked), but until then, you're walking. Is there a way that there can be sort of a fork in the road when you enter the stronghold which gives you a choice to either enter the PVP area (which I will forever completely ignore) or be able to enter the hideout area, rather than having to lose your comp every time you enter the stronghold because we're forced to traipse through the PVP part?

2. Lots of doors that don't apparently go anywhere, they're just surface geometry. But but but I wanna go in there! I understand in the pvp area the doors are just there for show, but why continue that on in the hideout portion of the stronghold?

3. I do emphatically agree with people in this thread that the hook layout is sparse on the outer environment. There are some to be sure, but I'm looking at large swathes of geometry around the buildings without a decorating hook in sight. Huge stretches where we can't hook a deco.

4. I got disconnected twice from the Internet, and my router log had something in it called track 22 automated.te. I blocked that and I'm fine for the moment. Testing adjunct to the PTS?

5. I see what people mean about out-of-reach walkways. If I can see it, I want to get to it.

6. Bit annoyed that there were no fast travel points. Eventually got hold of the swoops when I expanded more areas.

7. I jumped into the stream and didn't realize that was the end of the zone and died. I'll go back to see what clues I missed that I at that point.

8. Color me stupid, but I only found 3 doors after 15 minutes. I eventually found the carrier controls only because I clicked on it thinking what is this? Hm...

9... having found the rest of the stronghold, I'm glad there's cozier places than what's offered in the entry area (sun room, etc).

10. Kind of wish there were windows in the quarters (port quarters, starboard quarters, captain quarters). At least there's one on the far end of the carrier bridge.

11. One would think the captain's quarters would be larger than the others but eh.

12. I have to believe where the green spinning thing is on top of a tower is an area where I can get to, right? I have 10 out of 11 doors unlocked at this point and I guess that would be it. There also seems to be a walkway across the water from where the cove expansion swoop is located that I imagine is for decoration, or is that another area that I just haven't figured out how to get to? I guess what that area is (I die when I try to go there) is supposed to suggest that's the rest of Rishi rather than the rest of the stronghold and we're sort of nestled in among the buildings.

EDIT: Found hook 11, top of the carrier, which kills comment #12. Disappointed there were so many areas that are inaccessible but I understand ambiance.

Edited by xordevoreaux

You don't get my message, and it was directed at Eric. I have re-launched PTS more than a few times, and prices are still the same, etc etc. The price is still 2.5 mill and 50 CCoins.

don't be rude, just trying to help. and he's already answered your issue in this thread

There is a bug where it may require you to have the proper amount to purchase it, but it won't actually deduct the funds. Sometimes relaunching PTS will fix it.

-eric

Overall so far its 100% amazing. dont get the lack of ooo and awe in this post make it feel negative.

Staging Area room unlock, Wasted opportunity to have a ceiling hook on the center light above the room.

Hillside/Sun room. Missed opprotunity to put decos here in the very long pathway to the room. I assume this is because the pathway is slanted.

For the sake of testing, I think the new Prefab 4 droid should sell everything for free. The walls, the arena etc to test them without making the matts. speeds up the process.

Overall I am really disappointed. I know that Rishi has a scrappy, pirate-town feel and I wasn't expecting a Bahamas getaway, but there were some nicer buildings in Rishi, like the ones that you visit during your little class mission and the cantina. Couldn't those models have been used?

I feel like the stronghold was designed with *only* PvP in mind and no thought that someone might want to make a home for characters there. I will not be buying it.

Specific suggestions:

You have to walk through the PvP area to get anywhere else in the SH. Even if you are not going to PvP your companion goes away and you get a red message on the screen that it is a PvP area.

PvP gives me anxiety. it is upsetting ro even think about being in a PvP zone for me. Yes, it's my own issue but it's a thing. I don't want to be told I'm walking into a PvP area every single time I enter a stronghold and I don't want to have to walk through that area to get to other places. I'd want an option to disable all PvP features entirely so I don't lose companions and don't see that red message.

1. Hooks in the buildings for lighting fixtures

2. More wall hooks

3. Wall and floor hooks in the hallways to cover up the grease and dirt

4. Enough flooring hooks in the buildings to cover the dirt

5. An option to remove or hide at least some of the junk. None of my characters want to live in a junkyard with burned-out husks of equipment everywhere. There are a few areas that might make decent gardens if not for the garbage everywhere.

6. Ceilings in all the buildings.

I like the beach area and the adorable little turtle! I wish more of the SH looked like this area.

I like the ship a lot more than the ground areas. It's not as nice aesthetics-wise as Imperial ships, but it will do.

1. A a quick travel point here. I'm really never going to use the gross junkyard, so I'd love to be able to port to the ship.

2. I really like the training area. I don't want PvP but it's nice to have a little place to practice abilities.

3. It would be nice to have wall hooks in the quarters.

4. More solid floors and less of those grates.

5. An option to get rid of the piles of garbage on the sky bridge.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

The SH is totally awesome! If you put in the terminals from fleet people will only go there and no place else!

Thing is that this might actually kill the unranked warzone ques! Many guilds are already saying they will only play balanced matches at their SH.

Edited by merovejec

I like the concept of both the Rishi "village" and the patrol carrier, This is basically two strongholds for the price of one. I would love the ability to directly enter the carrier, though, even if it's just a new stronghold that consists only of the ship.

What I don't like:

• The whole PVP area / companion thing.

Even if you dismiss your companion before entering the PVP area, they will be summoned automatically when you leave the area, and the next time you enter you get that huge annoying message.

A couple of possible solutions:
    - Just make the whole stronghold a no-companion zone, we can still have them stand around as decorations.
    - Remember if we had a companion out when entering the PVP area and do not summon them if we didn't.
    - Let us to switch PVP on or off, and disable either companions or the open PVP zones.

• Hooks
    - That small island you showed in the teaser-screenshot? Right down from the entrance? Just add a ton of small hooks in the muddy area for our pets, and a medium hook or two in the middle for some plants. Proceed to do the same on all beach areas.

- Those doors that are just there for flavour? Place a narrow medium hook in front of them, so we can "block" them with some crates (or the "owners" of the place can stand in front of it if you go with a public area theme)

- Much worse, there are again hooks at ankle or even knee height (e.g. in the first arena right after the entrance) those hooks are worhless if you have even the slightest bit of OCD. You can only use them for decos that continue down into the floor (so they don't seem to hover in the air) or for pets, npcs, companions and mounts that move down to the floor automatically.

- Another issue is area-design for functionality. A functional stronghold needs cargo, legacy and guild banks, GTN, mailbox, a vendor and a workbench all close to the entrance. Most of us try to integrate that functionality into the stronghold's theme.

On Rishi that's very difficult, there are no wall hooks anywhere near the entrance, so we need a fleet-style GTN terminal, there are no floor hooks at walls where someone ingame would actually place something designed like the cargo bay, etc.

Just getting to the patrol carrier takes longer than it takes to get to my utility room on Yavin and then there are barely any floor hooks near walls where something can actually be moved to the wall. Most walls are covered by the pipes, and there are no hooks to the left and right of most doorways, and no wall hooks for a GTN.

So what do I think? As I said, I see them as two separate strongholds, and there's also the whole PVP thing.

As a PVP-event stronghold, or guild stronghold, even place to RP, the place is awesome, the customizable hutball arena with the option for different layouts alone is amazing. The place has enough built-in decorations that it doesn't really need anything else to feel like a proper area of the game. As a fully fleshed out area just waiting for the players to create their own content the stronghold is great.

As a personal SH (i.e. your character's home) it's a bit limited:

The Rishi "village" - I call it that because it doesn't really work as your personal hideout. - needs to be filled with NPC decorations (or other players) doing their thing, with you being just another visitor. There isn't really a place anywhere near the entrance that you can call home (unless you like squatting on a wooden platform)

The patrol carrier would be a nice replacement for the train. Good FPS and no annoying train sounds. It suffers similarly from floor hooks being only near the wall and not the center, and the walls with their pipes or angled wall design don't work well with standard wall-furniture.

Will I get the stronghold? The (expertly done) focus on group/pvp utility limits the use as a personal stronghold to a point where geting it is not something I'm going to do "at any cost". I currently have 13 strongholds (3x each of Nar Shaddaa, Coruscant and Dromund Kaas). Giving up 4 Strongholds just to get Rishi is not worth it for me. If I can switch one of my current SHs for Rishi, or keep all of them, I will get it.

Edited by Mubrak

BUG: When you log out in a PVP zone and log in again, you can summon your companion within the pvp zone.

BUG (or strange design): You are dismounted when entering a PVP zone, but can still mount within. Might make for some interesting Huttball games when the ball carrrier rides to the goal on his flaming holo-rancor :)

Edited by Mubrak

Does anyone has the same problem to start the Pts Server?

I tried to log in and my complete resolution gets ugly. And the the loadingscreen doesn't load.

My mouse trigger doesn't even get into the game. And wen i try the normal game everything is as usual.

Thank you for opening up the new stronghold on the PTS for us to provide feedback! This post is going to be focused entirely on hook layouts. I added some general thoughts and feelings in this subsequent post, but here I want to laser-focus on hook layouts first, since this is pivotal to decorating.

I've gone through the entire SH and broken it down into areas below. Wherever appropriate I have included screencaps of the relevant hooks.

I'm putting spoiler tags around the items in each individual section purely to make this easier to parse and less cluttered on the eyes.

Suggestions for Changes to the Hook Layouts in the Rishi SH

The Load-In Platform

Suggestion #1: The hooks along the sides are laid in a pattern of Narrow/Medium/Narrow. Please make this two side-by-side Mediums instead. Reasoning: The way it is now doesn't allow us to use two Medium-sized decos next to each other, whereas two side-by-side Mediums would give us that option as well as the ability to break it down into four Narrows.

Team PVP Area

Suggestion #1: On the "viewing platform" area in the back overlooking the arena, the hooks on the sides are enforced Narrows, there's no reason for this. Please make these Medium hooks, or one Large and a Medium in the corner nook. Reasoning: There's more than enough space for larger hooks, there's no reason to arbitrarily limit us to Narrows.

Suggestion #2: Still on the "viewing platform" area (see the picture link in Suggestion #1 above). Please add a row of Medium hooks up at the front edge of the platform (make sure they are Mediums, enforced Smalls or Narrows would be arbitrarily pointless and limiting). Reasoning: There ought to be hooks right up by the forcefield, so that people actually viewing the match have seats on which to sit, or just, you know... so we have spots to place personnel decos as spectators.

Staging Room

Suggestion #1: In the first/larger room of the Staging Area, the hooks along the walls are enforced Narrows. Please make these Mediums. Reasoning: There's more than enough space for larger hooks, there's no reason to arbitrarily limit us to Narrows.

Suggestion #2: Still in the first/larger room of the Staging Area. Please add two more large hooks in the center of the room, in cross formation in relation to the two already there. Reasoning: There's enough room, no need to force us to leave chunks of the room unused.

Sun Room

Suggestion #1: There are no hooks at all in the corridor. Please add at least a couple Medium hooks on the floor and some Medium Wall hooks. Reasoning: Why not? There's space. Who knows what creative decorators might want to put here?

Suggestion #2: Some wall panel sections have two Medium Wall hooks, and others have only one. Please make these two wall hooks on each section, or better yet three packed tightly together so that we could choose if we wanted a single centrally placed deco or if we wanted multiple things in each section. Reasoning: It's completely arbitrary to alternate like this and it prevents us from achieving symmetry if we wanted to make each section identical.

Suggestion #3: There's a chunk of open space between the door and centrally placed Large hook (see screencap in Suggestion #2 above). Please add another Large hook here, or, if a Large won't fit, add a Medium. Reasoning: There's space, why not?

Hideout Exterior Lower Level

Suggestion #1: This goes not just for this area, but for any exterior area throughout the SH. If you're wandering around in edit mode and you see an enforced Small as in this screencap, please make it a larger hook if a larger hook will fit, as large as it can afford to be, or at minimum a Medium. Reasoning: If there's space for something larger, restricting us to a single Small is completely pointless. What am I going to put here, just a sad lonely Gand with a rifle wondering where all his friends went? At least let me give him a chair to sit on or a second hook to give him a friend.

Suggestion #2: This goes for any walkway similar to the one pictured in this screencap where Narrows are the only hooks laid. Please make these four Mediums. Reasoning: There's room, why not?

Suggestion #3: This is the walkway located at this point on the map. Please put one or two Large hooks in this space instead of the enforced Mediums. Reasoning: The rest of this walkway has Larges, and there's no reason to break the pattern and limit our options.

Hideout Exterior Upper Level

Suggestion #1: This is the first stretch of open space after taking the ramp upward, located at this point on the map. Please make that corner with the random two Mediums and a Small a Large instead, and place additional Larges along the central open space. Reasoning: It's open space. Why can't we use it? If for some reason using the central space isn't possible, at least consider making the change to the corner. That seems like it would be a nice place for a Tribal Camp arrangement, yeah? Too bad that needs a Large hook.

Suggestion #2: Further along the way from the location in the above suggestion, there's this random Medium in the open space. Please make this a Large. Reasoning: There's no reason it couldn't be a Large.

Hillside Room

Suggestion #1: There are no hooks at all in the corridor. Please add at least a couple Medium hooks on the floor and some Medium Wall hooks. Reasoning: Why not? There's space. Who knows what creative decorators might want to put here?

Suggestion #2: Some wall panel sections have two Medium Wall hooks, and others have only one. (No screencap here, but the walls are identical to those in the Sun Room so you can see that above section if a reference is needed.) Please make these two wall hooks on each section, or better yet three packed tightly together so that we could choose if we wanted a single centrally placed deco or if we wanted multiple things in each section. Reasoning: It's completely arbitrary to alternate like this and it prevents us from achieving symmetry if we wanted to make each section identical.

Hideout Exterior Third Level

Suggestion #1: Heading up toward the upper levels, at this location on the map, this walkway/ring has no hooks on it at all. Please add some Medium hooks along this ring. Reasoning: It's the only walkway in the SH that is completely hook-less and it will look a little strange for only this one place to be bare of decos.

Suggestion #2: At the top level, right off the ramp, this is an enforced Narrow against the wall. Please make this a Medium. Reasoning: There's no reason for it to be an enforced Narrow when there's plenty of space for a Medium, like every other hook around this ring is.

Beach Area (and Approach to Beach Area)

Suggestion #1: This walkway off the Team PVP Area on the way to the beach is an enforced alternating pattern of Narrows and Smalls. Please make this a row of Narrows, or better yet a grid of six Mediums. Reasoning: This pattern is arbitrary and limits our options.

Suggestion #2: There's a huge chunk of the beach completely barren. Please place some hooks in this area, preferably a mix of Larges and Mediums, and make sure that some are overlapping the water line. Reasoning: How else are we going to place personnel decos who are actually wading in the water? Or lounge chairs and server droids bringing people drinks?

Hidden Cave

Suggestion #1: The wall hooks here are oddly staggered. Please add more Medium Wall hooks here, or at least place these so that symmetry can be achieved. Reasoning: I understand the pipes here prevent Large Wall hooks, but with the Mediums arbitrarily staggered like this it's not possible to create a look that is intended to be deliberate, which often requires symmetry to be an option.

Islands

Suggestion #1: This "peninsula" of the island, at this location on the map, is devoid of hooks. Please add one or two Large hooks here. Reasoning: There's space, why not? As it stands we are limited to only one single central area on these islands where decos can be placed.

Patrol Carrier - Corridors

Suggestion #1: Right at the load-in spot, there's a Flooring hook by the stairs but none in the corridor. Please add one or two Flooring hooks down the right side of the corridor. Reasoning: There's space for it, and a hook leading toward the next room wouldn't hurt.

Suggestion #2: The center of all the corridors on the Carrier are completely barren (see above Suggestion #1 in this section for screencap example, but this is applicable to all corridor spaces). Please add periodic Larges throughout the center of the corridors. Reasoning: There's space, why not? What if I want to create a derelict spaceship set, wouldn't it be nice to be able to put Debris Piles here (just as an example)?

Patrol Carrier - Reactor Room

Suggestion #1: In both corners of the first room, there are enforced Narrows against the walls. Please make these a Medium where a Medium will fit. Reasoning: If a Medium will fit there's no reason to limit us to something smaller.

Patrol Carrier - Escape Pods

First of all, why is this room named "Escape Pods"? Shouldn't it be something like... Training Room? There aren't actually any escape pods here.

Suggestion #1: Currently there are Large hooks in front of the built-in computer terminals, and a grid of Mediums in the back corners. Please swap this, so that the grid of Mediums is in front of the terminals and the Large is in the corners. Reasoning: Why would we want a Large deco to block what is already a built-in feature? Whereas the corners are begging for a sizable deco like a Multi-State Mainframe Terminal or a Republic Data Storage Unit or a Zakuul Megaterminal or a Shooting Range... all of which require a Large hook.

Patrol Carrier - Port and Starboard Quarters

The below suggestions apply to both of these rooms. No screencaps here as the below suggestions are pretty self-explanatory.

Suggestion #1: There are no Wall hooks in here at all. Please add evenly spaced/staggered Medium Wall hooks in this room. Reasoning: I mean... shouldn't there be an option for monitors, or lights, or artwork in there?

Suggestion #2: There are no Ceiling hooks in here at all. Please add Ceiling hooks in a cross around the built-in central light fixture. Reasoning: Without Ceiling hooks we can't do anything to affect/change the lighting in here. What if we want to make a creepy red room? Or try to make this a little homier like a First Mate's quarters?

Patrol Carrier - Captain's Quarters

No screencaps in this section either, as again the suggestions are pretty basic/self-explanatory.

Suggestion #1: There are no Wall hooks in here at all. Please add evenly spaced/staggered Medium Wall hooks in this room. Reasoning: Shouldn't there be an option for monitors, or lights, or artwork?

Suggestion #2: There are no Ceiling hooks in here at all. Unfortunately, unlike the Port and Starboard Quarters, I can see that ceiling space here is not flat and I don't know if that affects the ability to place Ceiling hooks. But, if it's at all possible, please either place Ceiling hooks in the slanted space, or place a hook over the built-in central light, or remove the built-in central light and make it a hook space instead. Reasoning: As it currently stands, there's no way to customize the lighting in here, or add any sort of technical ceiling deco of any kind.

Patrol Carrier - Bridge

Suggestion #1: There are no Wall hooks on the Bridge at all. Please add side-by-side Large Wall hooks in each wall segment where they'll fit. Reasoning: Seriously, no monitors or banners on the bridge at all???

Suggestion #2: These are rows of enforced Small hooks along all of the built-in terminals here. Please make these Narrows at minimum, and on the side where the viewport is consider making them full Mediums. Reasoning: Why limit us arbitrarily like this? I mean, what if I want my Gree First Mate (who needs a Narrow or Medium) to man the helm? Or what if I want to place a Rakata Security Monitor (limited to Narrow or Medium) here to create a command podium or helm control?

Patrol Carrier - Sky Deck

Suggestion #1: The aft railing is a whole row of enforced Smalls. Please make this a row of Narrows. Reasoning: Why arbitrarily limit us to Smalls?

Suggestion #2: In the central deck / Huttball arena area, the Large/Medium Breakdown option in the Layouts looks like this along the sides. Please consider making the Medium hooks around the Centerpiece hooks Larges instead, so long as they are Standard Large hooks that have the grid of smalls in them. Reasoning: More flexibility, ultimately. Admittedly I am thinking about this from a decorating/RP perspective rather than a PVP perspective, so there may be other considerations here. But assuming there is flexibility, this space would also make a great flight deck for starships, but most of the starship decos fit on Larges rather than Centerpieces, and it would be nice to be able to place them here with personnel around them.

Suggestion #3: This is a screencap of the stern/forward side of the Sky Deck, past the arena. As you can see, there are no hooks in this huge area of deck at all. Please add hooks at least in front of the turrets, a Standard Large would be best but at minimum a couple Mediums. Reasoning: It's a huge space with nothing in it. More importantly, wouldn't it be great to be able to put some personnel at those turrets, maybe working with munitions decos for each turret?

Suggestion #4: This isn't so much about correcting existing hook placement as it is asking about unused space. On each side of the Huttball arena space there is a pair of circular platforms at a higher elevation. When you are flying back on the speeder you can see these seem to have interactive computer terminals on them, but I can't see any way to actually reach them. Is there a way to reach them? Are there hooks up here? It would be great if there were, as these would make ideal viewing areas for fans watching the match.

And I know I said this post was going to be solely about hook layouts, but I feel compelled to direct the team to this forum post here where I have a suggestion about caps on strongholds, just in case it hasn't been seen yet. (I mean... after all the work I put into this post, I would hate to not be able to actually get this stronghold!!)

Edited by JediBoadicea

You don't get my message, and it was directed at Eric. I have re-launched PTS more than a few times, and prices are still the same, etc etc. The price is still 2.5 mill and 50 CCoins.

It states that and you do need to have the 2.5 mil on your character but it does not take the credits from your account. I still have the same amount of credits when I purchased all the stronghold.

The stronghold is nice, though not what most were expecting. I think it fits perfect for a bounty hunter or smuggler since it is supposed to be a hideout. Hideouts are not normally the best looking area. While I would like less junk lying around I understand what you were going for.

It was meant to be a hideout, not a resort type of stronghold. The walkways on the stronghold are the same as Rishi has. Though more beach would be nice but I am guessing that in a hideout you really wouldn't be lying around on the beach.

The ship is nice but needs more of an alignment with the hooks (as stated by various people) . I would advise that on the centerpiece hooks you put in some small hooks so we can place personnel on the hook as well if you want to set up a bar (the one that drops from copera flashpoint-requires centerpiece hooks) . I also would suggest when you break down the centerpiece hooks to large ones you have the small hooks on top as they do on the other large hooks. It would be more beneficial.

Adding more xx movement would be good to the walls and to the hooks.

While not a resort type of stronghold, it does have potential for a hideout if you remember it is a hideout.

- Just make the whole stronghold a no-companion zone

Nay, that means I'd have to go to another stronghold just to summon a companion while I'm looking at the gifts in my legacy storage to feed to it for not being able to summon the comp in Rishi.

Nay.

My feedback is simple:

Separate the two sections and have the ship be strictly for pvp. Then redo the ground area by removing 50% of the shanty structures and replace it with beaches, palms, waterfalls and the like. Sell the two as distinct strongholds apart from one another and everyone would be happy.

Overview:

The new Rishi stronghold is not for me. I really dislike it; I found it to be too dark, to large and too ugly to use it to create a Stronghold home. It needs to be promoted as a place for PvPers and PvP-groupers only. For people like me who like to decorate their strongholds as "homes" for their characters and companions the Rishi stronghold does not suit this and as a result is hugely disappointing to me after the build up and waiting. This stronghold uses the least pleasant parts of Rishi, yet there are so many more nicer areas on Rishi that could have been used. I especially disliked the trash and junk everywhere. Even Speedy the turtle didn't make me feel any better about it.

Navigation & Hooks

I found navigating the stronghold very difficult and several times ended up killing myself due to fall damage or exhaustion zones trying to work out how to get a different areas. I would not be able to make an aesthetically pleasing space (like a home for my character) in here. I can see, however, the benefits for those who want to create their own private PvP zone. Speedy's beach and the little island with the "inconspicuous marker" are the better areas but not enough to make me want to buy this stronghold.

PvP

As I mentioned at the start, this is a stronghold for the hardcore PvPers and PvP-groups. I can see how it could be decorated to suit a PvP environment but not for me who was hoping for "place to call home" so to speak. I can see this stronghold being very successful for those focused on private group PvP as it is similar to a couple of the arena zones (the unranked ones; I've not done ranked so I have no idea if they are the same).

I did not like that on entering I am immediately put into a PvP area. It's not clear what the "controls" buttons are for so on clicking them I had no idea I would be immediately locked into a PvP zone. Something extra needs to be added to these so random people (or invited people) can't accidentally activate these.

Future

Here's hoping for another Stronghold maybe a touch bigger and a little lighter (in brightness) than Nar Shaddaa (my current favourite) with lots of rooms and some outside space(s) that can be decorated as a character's home. Maybe consider an new Stronghold on Alderaan, Rakata Prime, Zakuul or Odessan. Somewhere with stairs rather than lifts to move between floors. No more massive, sprawling strongholds please. Bigger is not always better.

EDITED TO ADD:

Here's a screenshot of the beach to give an idea of what I imagined Rishi to be like and my ideas of how I would have done it. I had hoped the starting area of the Stronghold would be on the beach with the entrance doorways in what would have been similar to the rock cliff in front of me in the screenshot (along with the controls for the cutscene and exits on either side of the door) and the inside would be similar to the starting zone of Rishi (when you get there to speak with the birdman) with various rooms and wooden paths, bridges. The sound of the Rishi stronghold beach area is perfect and would have made a great backdrop to living areas behind a cliff-face entrance. The PvP zone near to the current Rishi stronghold start area (along with detritus) would remain there as it makes sense, so the actual "living areas" accessed from the beach would be separate, tidy and ready to be made luxurious with my hundreds of decorations. I can dream!

Edited by Sarova

My feedback is simple:

Separate the two sections and have the ship be strictly for pvp. Then redo the ground area by removing 50% of the shanty structures and replace it with beaches, palms, waterfalls and the like. Sell the two as distinct strongholds apart from one another and everyone would be happy.

You want the WHOLE ship PVP? No thanks. I'm already planning on how I'll decorate the quarters and I don't want PVP in my bedroom, kinky as that might be.

I have not been wishing for a rishi sh, but i too am disappointed. I don't mind a large sh, but this one is difficult to navigate and has too many areas/buildings/doorways that I can't access. If it's my sh I don't want a bunch of buildings I can't get into. I also agree that the aesthetic is too run down. I don't like the junkyard feel. there is too much junk lying around already. i didn't like this about the umbara sh either -- crates and wires everywhere. now it's not just crates and wires, it's literally junk. There is a beach, but no waterfall -- there are lots of waterfalls on rishi. There are rooms that have open ceilings but I can't get to the top and look down into them.

i thought i'd be able to look down from the sky deck and see my sh on the ground, but all i see are clouds.

in the rooms i still can't put decorations which require a large hook all the way against the wall.

I do not pvp, but i am nevertheless very impressed with the innovations you've added for that purpose. however, i would suggest, as others have done, that we have a toggle to disable all pvp features. also, there are gates that can't be turned off. i want to turn them all off.

when the new sh was announced my intent was to buy it as a matter of course. but now i'm not so sure. it's such a disappointment aesthetically. i wasn't looking for a beach resort, i wasn't really looking for anything but i'm not pleased with what we're getting. it's not inconsistent with some parts of rishi, but it seems slummier than raiders cove. it's like an abandoned, run down, used up, ghost town version of raiders cove. it's like what i imagine the raiders left behind when they settled at raiders cove. which i guess is what makes it a "hideaway." but honestly if any of my characters were to settle there, the first thing they'd do is clean up all that junk and get into all the buildings.

i do like speedy. keep speedy.

Edited by justik-forn

My feedback is simple:

Please don't include me in "everyone" because I wouldn't be.

Stronghold bugs:

- Rishi SH ambience persits through logout

- Speeder cuts in and out through invisible walls when zooming into the Patrol Carrier, bad visual experience but don't think much can be done about this

- Baron Deathmark voiceacting for stronghold huttball cuts out - I passed the ball into nowhere, he didn't say anything, and at that point stopped making score announcements

- Mounts and Rocket Boots are allowed in the Arena. Fun as it is, but the map is too small to allow them.

- HOWEVER, please don't disable speeder use throughout the stronghold entirely, it is too large for that.

- I only did minor testing, but it appears there is no way for ending the healing training dummy encounter. I had to stealth out to use the console. I tried hitting/killing the probe but that was untargetable.

Suggestions

- Restrict console use (to lock doors, start/end games) to a key, preferrably user-defined but failing that, silver for personal SH and Gold for Guild SH - waaay too easy to troll games

- An actual huttball score card would be much appreciated, in addition to the wall scores as they are hard to see under certain circumstances

- A viewing platform for the huttball arena would be great, because looking through the yellow forcefields is very restrictive. My suggestion: an elevator up top to that roof on the other side of the huttball arena

- Hooks on the observation deck and in the hallways are very sparse. Yes, this stronghold has a 2000 hook limit, but some locations are a little inconvenient.

- Since we have Coratanni's bridge, can we please get her Carbonization tanks? :)

- Crowd noise, while taken from OG huttball, is inappropriate here because of the locale - I won't have a 20k crowd on my patrol ship - but this is a minor nitpick

General feedback

- A not-so-minor nitpic is the size of the huttball arena. I understand you guys had limited researces and making it "life size" would have been difficult, but as an operative - it takes me 2 rolls to get to the endzone after picking up the ball, and another roll or ~3 seconds to get up the ramp and actually score. If I leapt to someone, that would be an instacore.

- By all means DO NOT disable these abilities, but game organizers will need to work around this.

- Aside from that, I like the general aesthetic and am more than happy with the PVP options available. Can't wait to take this to the live game with my Pancakes guildies.

Edited by NikSunrider

And most likely, the arena decoration has the same bug like other decorations where you can't use the smuggler/agent roll on it, which means it will be useless for any more serious competitions.

I take back what I wrote earlier. I just tested the new Large Training Arena decoration and can confirm that smuggler/agent rolls do work here. (On other decorations, you still get the error message.)

Still, I do feel that we should be able to decorate the walkways, and not just place decorations on the ground. So please add some hooks onto the walkways.

Restrict console use (to lock doors, start/end games) to a key, preferrably user-defined but failing that, silver for personal SH and Gold for Guild SH - waaay too easy to troll games

Agreed, the terminals must be restricted to some key type. Right now it's fine for testing, but on live servers there's too much potential for trolling. You want to list your stronghold publicly so everyone can watch, but right now the risk for trolling is too high.

Bolster terminal for the strong hold pvp areas to allow people of all lvls and gear to participate together?

^ Also this. A PvP stronghold (with a training dummy) must also have a bolster terminal so you can test your stats, and have an even ground between multiple players. I don't care if it is a decoration, or if it is always there (e.g. in the training dummy room) but it must be somewhere in the stronghold.

Edited by Jerba

You want the WHOLE ship PVP? No thanks. I'm already planning on how I'll decorate the quarters and I don't want PVP in my bedroom, kinky as that might be.

Yea, you're right. Maybe not so much the lower decks. With a little tweaking of the hook placements it can become rather hospitable. The main attraction, of course, is the top deck. That is clearly designed for Huttball or Deathmatch. I just feel the travel system via the auto bike breaks the immersion, hence leading me into the mental separation of the two sections. I quite frankly can do with out the patrol harrier. The devs proclaimed it's a pvp centric stronghold and it certainly screams it. I hoped it would be a living space first with low key pvp options second. Meh, who knows maybe I'll take a second or third look around today and see if it sways my opinion. I love decorating, perhaps I'll find an angle....

Edited by TonyTricicolo

Last night, at a little past 3 am I was finally able to get on the PTS. I immediately purchased and unlocked the stronghold. Despite the late hour I decided to grap a pen and paper and write down some notes. I hope they'll be constructive and helpful.

1. There really needs to be a way to toggle an option to remove all PvP functions. It's incredibly annoying to be forced into a PvP zone in your own stronghold, to be dismounted and have your companion dismissed. Not everyone is going to use this for PvP. It's really not remotely friendly as a non PvP stronghold.

2. Rishi is not a resort town, I get that and I was not expecting it to be one. However, the sheer volume of literal junk and trash laying around, paired with the sound effect of buzzing flies is just gross. At least 95% of the junk piles need to be removed, or there need to be hooks placed in such a way that the junk can be hidden under decorations.

3. There's a lot of wasted space. Aside from the areas designated for PvP the hooks are poorly laid out. There are vast sections of the outdootrs that are nothing but empty areas. Why aren't there hooks all over the place outside? Rishi is a gorgeous place, seedy pirate stuff aside. So many doors that don't open. Why do you even have buildings and structures in there that serve zero purpose? Seriously, you made a big area but very little of the island stuff is anything but filler buildings.

4. There are no hooks for ceiling lights in any of the buildings. I'm not sure what this aversion to letting us place suitable lighting is. Stop giving us dark rooms with no options for ceiling lights.

5. There should be more medium hooks against the walls. The bigger beds don't fit on the medium narrows. How many people do you know, put their bed in the middle of the room? For that matter, most furniture isn't placed in the middle of a room. The PvP areas have hooks all over the place, why are the hooks so limited in the non PvP areas. The hallways are void of hooks, there are no ceiling hooks, the centerpiece hooks fill a room but break down terrible. If you want to put anything small in there you end up limited to a little patch in the middle. Why can't the four large hooks that breakdown from the ceterpiece each break down into the standard smaller hook formations?

6. Give us some hooks in the water so we can place speeders out there like little boats. The Cantina skiffs would make fantastic boats, along with a slew of other speeders.

7. The island needs more hooks! One large hook in the middle is a massive waste of that island.

8. There are large wall hooks in the staging area, which would be a great place for banners, but there's a beam running through them that covers up a portion of any banner you place there. For that matter, you need to add triple the amount of wall hooks over the entire SH. In Copero you gave us gorgeous wall fountains, in Nathema we got waterfalls. Both of these decos would look great on Rishi but they take large wall hooks and those are scarce. Put them EVERYWHERE. The outside of the buildings would be fantastic with some wall fountains and waterfalls.

My overall impression of the stronghold is that you put a lot of thought and effort into the PvP elements of the place, but very little consideration for the fact that players would use it for anything else. There's not really anyplace for a private living area. I was really hoping you'd put the cantina from pirate cove in there. I just finished SoR on one of my newer toons and that cantina would have made such a perfect place to set up a home. I realize it's probably too late to consider adding it, but if there's any way to make that happen I think you would see a much warmer reception from the non PvPers.

I think it's sad that a stronghold that was so anticipated by so many has been target focused on one type of player. There really was and is room to make it something that everyone can enjoy. Please, please consider giving it more viability for use outside of PvP. Even if you can't do something as involved as adding a better building to make a home (which would be the best solution) please consider removing most of the junk piles, adding more home friendly hooks to the inside of the buildings, and adding more hooks to the outdoor areas. There are ways it could be more appealing to the non PvPer if you just clean it up a bit. And for the love of all things Star Wars, get rid of the buzzing flies sound effect!