Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
07.05.2018 , 03:52 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey folks,

Please use this thread to post your feedback on the 5.9.2 Matchmaking Changes. A few reminders:
  • Our goals are to shorten the WZ and GSF queues while also ensuring matches are more fair in all modes.
  • Please try to reserve your feedback until after you have played the changes on PTS.
  • Make sure to include as many specifics as possible that are relevant to your feedback.
  • If your feedback is about a bug, please use the PTS bug report forum. This thread is aimed solely at feedback.
You can find a full list of the changes, here:
Spoiler

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Pizza_boy
07.06.2018 , 04:32 PM | #2
Not sure if this is just a thing on PTS or a bug that seriously needs to be addressed, but there was a matchmaking issue earlier in a solo ranked match. One team had a healer while the other team had a tank. Again, not sure if this is just something with how the PTS is set up to get as many pops as possible, but I definitely would not like to see this hitting live.
Laet, Operative Heals
Stėve Rogers, Legendary Supersoldier
<Failure>
<That's Toxic>

auroroavalor
07.06.2018 , 05:18 PM | #3
Want to reinforce what Pizza_boy said, having healers pop against tanks is not even remotely fair.
Auro
<Carried> I <It's Lit> I <Failure>
How to Sorc Master Blaster
Twitch Youtube

NikSunrider
07.07.2018 , 06:48 AM | #4
For regular warzones they said in the roadmap that each team will match tank againsthealer if counterparts are not found, so I guess that somehow extended to the ranked queues, but yes, this is unfair.
Eternal Q, definitely in the wrong franchise.
CFO <Bacon Pancakes>, raider/PVPer with <Nemesģs> and <Eon>,
Owner-Operator <Cartel Vendor> - your one-stop shop for decorations and other cartel goods.

RaF Link • Info

Kaizersan
07.07.2018 , 12:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Pizza_boy View Post
Not sure if this is just a thing on PTS or a bug that seriously needs to be addressed, but there was a matchmaking issue earlier in a solo ranked match. One team had a healer while the other team had a tank. Again, not sure if this is just something with how the PTS is set up to get as many pops as possible, but I definitely would not like to see this hitting live.
most likely the real issue is not enough people are anyways to form balanced teams.

LordTurin
07.08.2018 , 08:55 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NikSunrider View Post
For regular warzones they said in the roadmap that each team will match tank againsthealer if counterparts are not found, so I guess that somehow extended to the ranked queues, but yes, this is unfair.
Yeah, regs that's fine, certainly not optimal, but ok, what ever, gotta get that queue popping. But definitely not in yolos.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

merovejec
07.09.2018 , 01:11 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaizersan View Post
most likely the real issue is not enough people are anyways to form balanced teams.
Even if not enough people for ranked its a serious issue. Sure we have skank tanks so its 4d vs 3d with a healer, but that is also not entirely fair, the tank would have be guard swapping like crazy to keep the people alive long enough to kill the healer or at least one dps.....

Even now, if you don't have a proper match you don't get solo ranked with 1h vs 1t, the que rather does not pop.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

Kaizersan
07.09.2018 , 01:56 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Even if not enough people for ranked its a serious issue. Sure we have skank tanks so its 4d vs 3d with a healer, but that is also not entirely fair, the tank would have be guard swapping like crazy to keep the people alive long enough to kill the healer or at least one dps.....

Even now, if you don't have a proper match you don't get solo ranked with 1h vs 1t, the que rather does not pop.
you wouldnt be seeing that problem if a majority of the people getting on the pts were queued because 90% of them only get on to test the Rishi deal under proper settings like a live server pool you would be getting proper matches but since the server likely is only seeing 8 people it just makes the match because it has no other choices.

Iliac
07.10.2018 , 09:31 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by NikSunrider View Post
Would you rather the tank + healer to be on the same team?
"We live in a country that guarantees your free speech,
but it's not a country that guarantees anything you say is correct"
-Neil DeGrass Tyson

sifudies
07.10.2018 , 05:20 PM | #10
Are the match making changes even implemented? I just got a reg against 4 healers...
Draxzim, Assassin on Fire
GM of <Ruining Lives> & <Juicy Gang>
The Berzonix Legacy