Best equipment specs for a PVE madness sorc

KcirSirrah

I have a level 70 madness sorc, and am currently in roughly 240-242 gear on 99% of my equipment. I have searched all over dulfy and cannot find a madness sorc pve gear guide (they have one for pvp). Perhaps someone can either tell me or show me where I can find information regarding the breakdown of mods and augs i should be using. Right now, without looking at my character screen, I know I have an accuracy of around 114% (i know I need it down to 110% at the lowest), my alacrity is dismal at 7-8%, and my critical is almost as dismal as alacrity at around 30-33%.

I have a level 70 madness sorc, and am currently in roughly 240-242 gear on 99% of my equipment. I have searched all over dulfy and cannot find a madness sorc pve gear guide (they have one for pvp). Perhaps someone can either tell me or show me where I can find information regarding the breakdown of mods and augs i should be using. Right now, without looking at my character screen, I know I have an accuracy of around 114% (i know I need it down to 110% at the lowest), my alacrity is dismal at 7-8%, and my critical is almost as dismal as alacrity at around 30-33%.

sounds like you are not using augments

optimal at 247-248 rating is high alacrity now like over 1860 but no more than 1874 (bis)

in your gear, you should probably aim for 109.5-110.1% accuracy

1200-1300 alacrity

rest crit

in 248 and soon with new augmenting I'd get accuracy to close 110% or a fraction of a percent over 110, get to alacrity threshold (over 1860) and dump rest into crit

• 2 months later...

Is this spreadsheet only showing PVE gearing? I was under the impression that for Balanced Sage I needed 1860 Alacrity, 1796 Crit (optimal value for Crit), 0 for Accuracy, any other points in Mastery.

• Accuracy - 0 for PVP as there is no base resistance to yellow (force/tech) damage http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=950051
  • Alacrity - Numerous threads on the 1860 breakpoint
  • Critical - See note below that talks about 1796 for PVE. I'm not sure if that works for PVP as well, but that is what I was aiming for...

https://www.rambol.net/home/2018/3/13/stats-and-damage-calculation-in-swtor#critical_rating

In this paper, Schwarzschilda determines the optimal value of Critical Rating for most DPS disciplines in PvE to be 1796 (assuming an overall item rating of 248). Beyond this, he finds that Mastery contributes more DPS than Critical Rating. There are some caveats—strictly, this only applies to melee and ranged attacks—but his approach is worth noting.

BiS for Madness (PvE), assuming you are using 248 gear and 236 augments, is:

1876 Alacrity: 6 Enhancements, 5 Augments

1594 Crit: 3 Enhancements, 6 Augments

765 Accuracy: 1 Enhancement, 3 Augments, 1 Stim

Is this spreadsheet only showing PVE gearing? I was under the impression that for Balanced Sage I needed 1860 Alacrity, 1796 Crit (optimal value for Crit), 0 for Accuracy, any other points in Mastery.

• Accuracy - 0 for PVP as there is no base resistance to yellow (force/tech) damage http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=950051
  • Alacrity - Numerous threads on the 1860 breakpoint
  • Critical - See note below that talks about 1796 for PVE. I'm not sure if that works for PVP as well, but that is what I was aiming for...

https://www.rambol.net/home/2018/3/13/stats-and-damage-calculation-in-swtor#critical_rating

In this paper, Schwarzschilda determines the optimal value of Critical Rating for most DPS disciplines in PvE to be 1796 (assuming an overall item rating of 248). Beyond this, he finds that Mastery contributes more DPS than Critical Rating. There are some caveats—strictly, this only applies to melee and ranged attacks—but his approach is worth noting.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking about here. For PvP you don't need accuracy but for PvE you need enough accuracy to get you to 110%. The OP asked about PvE gearing for Madness. Now as far as PvP goes, I'm not sure what people use for Madness, but if you aren't looking to change your alacrity at all you can dump most of the accuracy into crit until you get to about 2250. After that you can dump it into mastery.

Edited by DarthCognusSion

BiS for Madness (PvE), assuming you are using 248 gear and 236 augments, is:

1876 Alacrity: 6 Enhancements, 5 Augments

1594 Crit: 3 Enhancements, 6 Augments

765 Accuracy: 1 Enhancement, 3 Augments, 1 Stim

I'm not quite sure what you are asking about here. For PvP you don't need accuracy but for PvE you need enough accuracy to get you to 110%. The OP asked about PvE gearing for Madness. Now as far as PvP goes, I'm not sure what people use for Madness, but if you aren't looking to change your alacrity at all you can dump most of the accuracy into crit until you get to about 2250. After that you can dump it into mastery.

I didn't really write it well. I was trying to ask a few questions:

The Smarty spreadsheet seems be only PVE focused and not PVP. There is only 1 set of optimal stats, so I assume this is for PVE. Is there a way to get optimal ratings for PVP?

Schwarzschilda states that 1796 is the optimal crit rating for PVE. Is this the same for PVP?

You mention 2250 for Critical. Where does that come from?

For PVP I am assuming that:

Accuracy = 0

Alacrity = 1860

Critical = 1796

Any other points should go in Mastery

I didn't really write it well. I was trying to ask a few questions:

The Smarty spreadsheet seems be only PVE focused and not PVP. There is only 1 set of optimal stats, so I assume this is for PVE. Is there a way to get optimal ratings for PVP?

Schwarzschilda states that 1796 is the optimal crit rating for PVE. Is this the same for PVP?

You mention 2250 for Critical. Where does that come from?

For PVP I am assuming that:

Accuracy = 0

Alacrity = 1860

Critical = 1796

Any other points should go in Mastery

First off, this is the danger in letting other people interpret someone else's work. Also, you didn't read the article correctly, or the links provided. As I was talking with Schwarz when he was doing this particular work, I was able to point out to him the one flaw in his otherwise accurate models and functions. Force/Tech Damage use different damage numbers for their calculations. That is why in the reddit post to which that article links, he states that Sorcs/Sages are a special case because they are pure Force damage classes. The critical value for them is 2235.4. This is why I said about 2250. As far as overall gearing for PvP I will reiterate that it is not my area of expertise. I know that some people have differing opinions on the importance of alacrity.

Bottom line, as a Sorc/Sage in PvP you can allocate around 2250 into critical. If you want to maintain high alacrity levels for Madness then you use 1876 alacrity. The rest of you stat goes into mastery after that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

PvP and no acuracy ist not exactly correct at all in my opinion.

Face a Tank, with noch acuracy, you will never ger him down!

face a normal player it might go well.

I think most will replace the acuracy parts with crit parts and get well with this.

Am I wrong?

Cheers Franky

Hey Guys,

PvP and no acuracy ist not exactly correct at all in my opinion.

Face a Tank, with noch acuracy, you will never ger him down!

face a normal player it might go well.

I think most will replace the acuracy parts with crit parts and get well with this.

Am I wrong?

Cheers Franky

Yes you are wrong.

The difference you have trouble making is melee/ranged vs force/tech damage.

While melee/ranged (white damage) is countered by.defense, which class have baseline 5% safe of inquisitors/consular classes that have 10, force/tech are opposed to resist, which baseline is 0% for all class, with some specs having a small ammount in their trees, or some dcds giving a few.

But its not worth using accuracy in pvp on a sorc for those few instances someone has a dcd up, or that single opponents that has 2%.