Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

End of June - no new content?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
End of June - no new content?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
06.21.2018 , 07:49 AM | #21 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Morak View Post
Hey Eric,

we are near end of June.
What about new content this month?
As some others in the thread have highlighted, we tried to outline our schedule in the Summer Roadmap Keith put out, here. There aren't any updates planned for June. In the roadmap Keith highlighted the changes that are coming July through September, I have also made quite a few forum posts in the PvP forum highlighting specifics of what changes are coming in 5.9.2. We are making a lot of Warzone and matchmaking changes.

Soon™ we will start talking about PTS for 5.9.2. Hope that answers your question!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Kurj
06.21.2018 , 08:13 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As some others in the thread have highlighted, we tried to outline our schedule in the Summer Roadmap Keith put out, here. There aren't any updates planned for June. In the roadmap Keith highlighted the changes that are coming July through September, I have also made quite a few forum posts in the PvP forum highlighting specifics of what changes are coming in 5.9.2. We are making a lot of Warzone and matchmaking changes.

Soon™ we will start talking about PTS for 5.9.2. Hope that answers your question!

-eric
It's alive! Alive!

(Sorry, couldn't resist a cheesy 80s pop culture reference. Good to see you guys are hard at work over there.)
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

TUXs
06.21.2018 , 08:34 AM | #23

-eric
I hope it's sooner rather than later Eric...you're starting to lose a lot of interest, from long time players, in this game...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

omaan
06.21.2018 , 08:37 AM | #24

-eric
Ok, is there exact date when we will see tier ratings (bronze, silver and gold) for ranked arena and rewards? In roadmap it was stated that it will be in the end of june, but it would be better to have exact date.

Sarova
06.21.2018 , 09:06 AM | #25

-eric
I'd read the roadmap when it was released and pointing to it again doesn't answer my questions. I only PvP to complete objectives for conquest or for valour if I can be bothered so changes to PvP whilst important do not entertain me as a story player. There was nothing in the roadmap that specifically referred to dates for returning companions.
It would be nice if it could be clearly stated that there will be no further story content until 6.0 next year then we know where we stand as customers. A date for the new stronghold would also be good. Are there any more events planned over the summer? I can only create & level so many warriors & other alts. Even though I really enjoy the class stories, having completed all of them from just about every angle I am running out of things to do in the game I realise being vague in what's coming keeps people subbed in anticipation, however I'd prefer honesty and regular updates, since the roadmap just gives ideas as to what coming. If we get that, then I can decide whether or not it's worth keeping my sub going over the summer. If it's all about PvP then there's not much incentive to.
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats™ ♥
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link

Adrenalinezs
06.21.2018 , 09:42 AM | #26

-eric
What about the season 9 rewards that were planned to be announced near the end of June, any word on that?

Trlance
06.21.2018 , 10:14 AM | #27
Quote:
Hey Eric,

we are near end of June.
What about new content this month?
- https://media.giphy.com/media/AcsxMHz34L2Cs/giphy.gif

Waited for single flashpoint half year, now we must wait another half for 6.0 and you asking them for new content? https://media.giphy.com/media/1PgPvWLfXGkCY/giphy.gif

MacCleoud
06.21.2018 , 10:22 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
I'd read the roadmap when it was released and pointing to it again doesn't answer my questions. I only PvP to complete objectives for conquest or for valour if I can be bothered so changes to PvP whilst important do not entertain me as a story player. There was nothing in the roadmap that specifically referred to dates for returning companions.
It would be nice if it could be clearly stated that there will be no further story content until 6.0 next year then we know where we stand as customers. A date for the new stronghold would also be good. Are there any more events planned over the summer? I can only create & level so many warriors & other alts. Even though I really enjoy the class stories, having completed all of them from just about every angle I am running out of things to do in the game I realise being vague in what's coming keeps people subbed in anticipation, however I'd prefer honesty and regular updates, since the roadmap just gives ideas as to what coming. If we get that, then I can decide whether or not it's worth keeping my sub going over the summer. If it's all about PvP then there's not much incentive to.
It was stated in an interview with someone on their stream that we would “more than likely see small story pieces as we get closer to 6.0 and the focus story focus changes back to imp vs pub”. I can’t remember which one it was though. I don’t think it was Vulkk’s though. Also many companions will be returning prior to 6.0. I don’t remember who, but there was one that was not on the board yet, but the “plan is to have many of the companions back before 6.0, though it may extend into 6.0 a little.”

Master_Morak
06.21.2018 , 10:22 AM | #29

-eric
Hello Eric,

thanks for your answer even if this is still disappointing. I think it was last year that it was said to release content monthwise, but now in Februar, April and June nothing was released, so I suppose we could only await a little bit more than nothing every two months.

That is not that what I (may be many other) expected.

Best regards
Michael
Möge die Macht mit Euch sein

Strange_Clouds
06.21.2018 , 10:29 AM | #30

-eric
Yeah, you said Season 9 Reward details in "late June". You are running out of June folks...