Cartel Coins not in account

Yah, wait for the servers to come back up and give it a few minutes before you check.

Keith---

I wasn't sure if they showed up on here first before the servers came back up or not. Was more just wondering if they showed up for anyone on here as the log on here doesn't even show I purchased coins but I have the confirmation email that I did and the support ticket confirming it as well. Would that still be a side effect till the servers come back online or do I have a whole other issue completely?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah, wait for the servers to come back up and give it a few minutes before you check.

Keith---

On the site SWTOR it puts me that I have not received the cartel coins will they arrive once the maintenance over or I will still have to wait?

On the site SWTOR it puts me that I have not received the cartel coins will they arrive once the maintenance over or I will still have to wait?

Will we most likely have to wait till servers come back up as they are semi-attached? I was more wondering why it doesn't show I even made a purchase but I'd assume it's most likely a side effect of what happened and once the servers are back up everything will correct its self on here and in-game both at the same time. Now that we got a response from someone I don't mind having to wait a little longer knowing the major issue is fixed and if you're still having an issue it will most likely be an isolated minor thing.

Just checked on my account and I still haven't received the coins I bought the other day. Will it appear when the servers are back up?

Most likely, like Keith said just wait till the servers are back up and if there is still an issue than submit a ticket.

Will we most likely have to wait till servers come back up as they are semi-attached? I was more wondering why it doesn't show I even made a purchase but I'd assume it's most likely a side effect of what happened and once the servers are back up everything will correct its self on here and in-game both at the same time. Now that we got a response from someone I don't mind having to wait a little longer knowing the major issue is fixed and if you're still having an issue it will most likely be an isolated minor thing.

In fact if they tell me that we will have our cartel coins once the servers returned to service, it's excellent, but if they are not 100% sure it's not the same. In fact I just want the certainty that the problem is solved.

• Dev Post

My Baaaad. The issue was resolved yesterday, but the Cartel Coin grants are in process! I misread the internal message about it. So, we will be bringing the servers up fairly soon and not everyone will have their coins. It will be resolved today and hopefully all done this morning. Once that completes, I'll post up another message. Should you find you did not receive the coins after my next message, send in a ticket or an email to Community Support.

Sorry about that!

Keith

My Baaaad. The issue was resolved yesterday, but the Cartel Coin grants are in process! I misread the internal message about it. So, we will be bringing the servers up fairly soon and not everyone will have their coins. It will be resolved today and hopefully all done this morning. Once that completes, I'll post up another message. Should you find you did not receive the coins after my next message, send in a ticket or an email to Community Support.

Sorry about that!

Keith

Appreciate it for letting us know.

Sorry about that!

Keith

Thanks for the updates Keith - it's just nice to know it's being worked on. Updates like these are a great way to reassure us.

It's good to finally see some representation from mods on this hot topic. I really hope my CC's will be granted to me before the week has ended. Bright side is, at least I have some CC to use from my subscription and plan to unlock a mount through my legacy unlocks now...

Thanks for the updates Keith - it's just nice to know it's being worked on. Updates like these are a great way to reassure us.

Really??? Still no mention as to what caused this "issue", no mention as to any type of compensation for those who had been affected. Sorry this time there should be. I will lay money on it that there will be MORE people NOT receiving them after update than people who did and from what I can find NO ONE here or in game so far has received anything. Ergo: Im sorry guys we still need time to fix it we till have issues"...... would love to be wrong but sorry past issues dictates the worst at this point. Sorry my patients has officially run out on ALL LEVELS!!!

Edited by Boracis

What exactly do you expect from them.... guesses about when it gets fixed and how? Or maybe wait until they actually have a fix to drive the missing CCs from wherever they are lost and directly into customer accounts and can actually announce the solution.

I totally get the frustrations... and people wanting to know all the nitty gritty details.. but in reality.. all we as players need to know is when it will be fixed, and how.. and until they actually deploy whatever programmatic fix in the backend to address this.. I can understand why they do not provide more specifics in this regard beyond "we are actively working on a solution".

They have acknowledged the issue, have stated they are working on a resolution for players, and most recently have confirmed they do not yet have a commit date on the resolution...which any sane person would conclude to mean they are still working on a fix that will push all those missing coins to their rightful owners. I imagine this one is a bit more complicated than the usual in game bugs/issues which are fairly easily patched by the developers in most cases and/or resolved directly via a CS ticket.

You want them to just make up ETAs, and then fail at those estimates? That would in reality just aggravate players even more. I personally only want to see a fix announced when they actually have one that is tested and debugged and will work.

Note: I am not defending the studio here. It is unacceptable that this sort of problem even happened. In a perfect world it would never happen. But we live in an imperfect world, with imperfect systems and software.. so I also understand that sometimes #$%^ happens and remedies must be explored and deployed to make the customers whole. That can and does take time in most cases.

I think it may be because you’ve played MMOs for a long time and maybe have become accustomed to a certain level of service in that industry. But it ANY other business, you can’t tell people: 1) we got your money, 2) we can’t yet give you what you paid for, 3) we don’t know when we can give it to you, and 4) we can’t issue you a refund — you simply cannot do that and expect people to just chill and be quiet. Again, maybe in MMOs, this is okay. But this is horrible business practice otherwise.

What could they have done (assuming a fix wasn’t imminent)? They could have issued refunds to those who want them. Look, absolutely NO ONE wants to hear sob stories from billion dollar companies about how “hard” this is to do piecemeal. Sorry, that’s on the company, not the consumer. The company needs to eat the costs of that pain - not the consumer giving the company an interest-free cash advance. At the very least, they could give more feedback on progress toward the fix - Eric said they would provide that.

Note, I actually don’t have an issue with the bug itself - happens. I can’t think of any release I’ve ever been a part of that didn’t have bugs. You address it and work your tails off to fix. But the poor customer service script and ignoring of the issue? No, that’s not good enough.

In the end, Keith did what I expected them to do - he piped up with communication. Note, the issue still wasn’t fully resolved but still, it’s shows basic respect for the customer base (which I’m assuming you don’t feel is owed) and it DOES help dampen frustrations as you can see below;

This is also how I feel. Thanks for the updates and reassurance!

Really??? Still no mention as to what caused this "issue", no mention as to any type of compensation for those who had been affected. Sorry this time there should be. I will lay money on it that there will be MORE people NOT receiving them after update than people who did and from what I can find NO ONE here or in game so far has received anything. Ergo: Im sorry guys we still need time to fix it we till have issues"...... would love to be wrong but sorry past issues dictates the worst at this point. Sorry my patients has officially run out on ALL LEVELS!!!

Who cares what "caused" it? It happened...it sucks for everyone impacted by it - you and them. They're working to resolve it and Keith was very open about it today and yesterday. I'm not suggesting you should be happy if you were impacted by it...but you should pleased that it's almost resolved and that they care enough to not leave you in the dark about it...this is more communication than we usually get.

Why does it matter so much to you?

All that matters is did you receive the coins you purchased, after Keith announced a resolution, or not. Period, full stop.

I get that some people want to crawl around inside the studios shorts on everything.. but we as players have absolutely no right to said demands of visibility. Players do have a right to have the problem resolved though.. and clearly that appears to now be the case.

Edited by Andryah

I think it may be because you’ve played MMOs for a long time and maybe have become accustomed to a certain level of service in that industry. But it ANY other business, you can’t tell people: 1) we got your money, 2) we can’t yet give you what you paid for, 3) we don’t know when we can give it to you, and 4) we can’t issue you a refund — you simply cannot do that and expect people to just chill and be quiet. Again, maybe in MMOs, this is okay. But this is horrible business practice otherwise.

My experience and perspective spans much wider than just MMOs.

FACT: any business can have a serious glitch in one of their merchant transaction systems that suddenly negatively impacts many thousands of customers. In such cases, there is actually no way to meet every impacted parties personal wants/needs in terms of communications. In fact.. communications are handled more globally, and with more reserve in terms of making any commitments in advance of resolution.

A few years ago, I had an issue where suddenly both of my credit cards associated with a particular large bank corporation were suddenly being declined.. everywhere... for more than 48 hours. All I, or any other consumer could get in the form of a response was that they were aware of the issue, that it was affecting many customers, and that they were working to resolve it. One it was resolved, I received direct communications from the bank that both of my cards issues were resolved, and that if I had any further issues.. to please contact customer support. Effectively no different than how communications about this issue were resolved here. I certainly was not pleased to have a couple of dead credit cards for a few days... but I did understand it was a wide ranging issue for many customers.. and as such needed to be handled differently (at all levels, including communications) than if I was one customer with one problem working directly with customer support to resolve the issue.

Now.. in a case where it was a glitch or error that only affected one, or a few customers.. then yes.. your expressed expectations and disappointments are absolutely correct and appropriate in my view. But that was simply not the case here.. and as such I disagree with your consumer idealistic assault on the studio over how this was handled.

TL;DR: not all merchant errors are simple and affect only one or a few people.. and as such they get communicated and handled differently when they affect many thousands.

Edited by Andryah

Why does it matter so much to you?

All that matters is did you receive the coins you purchased, after Keith announced a resolution, or not. Period, full stop.

I get that some people want to crawl around inside the studios shorts on everything.. but we as players have absolutely no right to said demands of visibility. Players do have a right to have the problem resolved though.. and clearly that appears to now be the case.

No i still have not received my coins. 10,500 cc . And to add more to the problem I just got off the phone with a lady from CS and i really hope she just isent up to speed but she says there is still a problem and as of yet no one has yet received cc owed. Now tell me again what does it matter to me ??

Edited by Boracis

No i still have not received my coins. 10,500 cc . And to add more to the problem I just got off the phone with a lady from CS and i really hope she just isent up to speed but she says there is still a problem and as of yet no one has yet received cc owed. Now tell me again what does it matter to me ??

Again.... Why (cause) DOES NOT matter. What.. you think you are in a position to step and somehow fix the problem? :rolleyes:

Resolution of your purchase and receipt of coins DOES matter.

And per Keith's multiple posts here today .. this is in process.. and personally, I would expect some delays as the servers come back on line and things settle out between the various systems (just like many things in SWTOR. I'm positive that if the issue continues to linger.. they will address it. There is absolutely zero evidence that they are just ignoring customers here.

You appear to have some really skewed up perspectives on "boundaries" between you and a merchant.

Edited by Andryah

Again.... Why (cause) DOES NOT matter. What.. you think you are in a position to step and somehow fix the problem? :rolleyes:

Resolution of your purchase and receipt of coins DOES matter.

And per Keith's multiple posts here today .. this is in process.. and personally, I would expect some delays as the servers come back on line and things settle out between the various systems (just like many things in SWTOR. I'm positive that if the issue continues to linger.. they will address it. There is absolutely zero evidence that they are just ignoring customers here.

You appear to have some really skewed up perspectives on "boundaries" between you and a merchant.

No i just expect a lot more transparency from the merchant which clearly under the definition, is not happening. And oh its *screwed*.........sigh

No i just expect a lot more transparency from the merchant which clearly under the definition, is not happening. And oh its *screwed*.........sigh

I think they've been quite 'transparent' with this. I mean Keith has been clear that it is being fixed today, and that he will let us know when it's finished so those still affected can contact support. (see below)

Once that completes, I'll post up another message. Should you find you did not receive the coins after my next message, send in a ticket or an email to Community Support.

Contacting support before he's even posted that the cc distribution is finished won't make them show up any faster. Just let them work, and contact CS if there's still nothing after Keith gives us the update.

Edited by Sheyshen

I see where the communications issue is ----> YOU are not actually reading what Keith has communicated.

They can be as transparent and communicative as possible and if you don't bother to read... then the failure is on you here. Read what I underlined in Keiths comment in this thread this morning.

Sorry about that!

Keith

Edited by Andryah