Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel Coins not in account

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkZeroBane
06.12.2018 , 04:11 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I wanted to take time to personally compliment you on reaching an objective realization that many simply cannot or will not do. Genuine Kudos for you on this.

Yes it sucks that this happened.

Yes it sucks that it is taking them days and days to resolve the missing CCs.

Yes... getting pissed off about it does no good in gaining resolution.

Yes, we are all powerless to resolve it and must wait for the studio to resolve this for all players (not just the most vocal and upset).

Issues like this can and do happen when buying things (even in brick and mortar storefronts) .. and a buyer simply has to work the problem with the merchant rather then flame the merchant, and wait for resolution. I personally have had similar frustrations with Amazon on occasion.. being an avid buyer of products from their site.... and sometimes it takes a bit to get things resolved... but they do get resolved. I have had similar issues with brick and mortar stores.. including the absence of a firm commitment for resolution. Yet.. in every single case.... things were resolved to my satisfaction.

This too shall pass.. like every other thing that has happened over the years to piss people off.
I have had to deal with companies before when issues like this have come up but they weren't shy about giving a reason to why there was a waiting period or I didn't get what I paid for and fact that all they have given anyone is just wait were working on it with no real answer as to what happened. All they simply have to do is say "Hey this is the reason things are taking x amount of time." and that would 100% resolve all issues people are having it's the tight-lipped no reason given that was pissing me off so badly and to a degree still is. I honestly don't see what harm saying what happened to cause this issue would do I honestly don't. They just seem to be playing the it's better to ask forgiveness than permission game that has people so pissed. Yes if its a security issue will be upset but nearly as much as being kept totally in the dark like they have been. Only reason I calmed down and started thinking logically again is I realized what kind of an example I was setting for my children and I hated it. My wife is a manager at a store and gets nonstop reamed out by customers not getting what they want and I went "OH **** I'm one of them now." but even at her job she has to supply a reason as to why they do not have something or can not refund something. Them keeping people in the dark like this is only making the company look bad and turning new players off to the game which is a considerable loss in possible revenue and its turning already established players off as well and not just against this game but EA and Bioware. I hope someone finally gives a real explanation soon to calm everyone down before things turn to far south and have a huge player drop off. The game it's self is fun but once you that point where you know people are suppose to be there but it's a ghost town it kills everything.

Joonbeams
06.12.2018 , 09:20 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post

No offense... but players need to take a larger view here when something is affecting a wide range of players and the studio works to clean it all up and make things right. Nowhere have they denied the issue, or told anyone tough luck/suck it up..... they have acknowledged the problem and stated they are working to resolve it.
I'm with you right up to this point. And even on this point, I generally agree except for any implication that the studio has met its burden to its customers here. I totally agree that this is a major issue, and it's likely being worked on, but from a business/customer service standpoint, it's outrageous that the studio hasn't given more detailed comment and feedback other than "just be patient, we're working on it, can't say when/if it will be fixed, and don't bother trying to go to CS or forums!"

That's atrocious customer service - totally atrocious. When someone talks about 7900 CCs unaccounted for, that's ~$50 U.S. That's real, meaningful cash! Is this a scam, is it illegal? No. Not yet. But it's outrageous to tie people's real cash up in limbo, refuse to refund, refuse to credit, and refuse to issue ETAs. Even still, a patch is announced, with nary a mention of the issue - yes, right here on the forums where such communication belongs. In 2018, this completely unacceptable, shameful, and indefensible...

Batwer
06.12.2018 , 10:41 PM | #143
See it positive. Maybe there will be a nice droid pet as compensation.
Für Neueinsteiger und Rückkehrer:
klick mich: http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

Andryah
06.12.2018 , 10:51 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Joonbeams View Post
......Even still, a patch is announced, with nary a mention of the issue - yes, right here on the forums where such communication belongs. In 2018, this completely unacceptable, shameful, and indefensible...
1) This is not a game issue, per se, it is a merchant transaction issue in the backend at swtor.com.... so the patch and patch notes have no bearing at all on this issue. There was apparently also an issue with some subscription renewals as well during the same time frame... so clearly something about the back end wiring between purchase and issuance to a player account was broken for a few days. And they have fixed the broken issue (given that players are reporting now being able to buy and receive CCs, and now comes the remedy for those impacted by it before it was fixed (which I am sure is messier and more uncertain until they nail a specific fix.. and NO.. not manual one by one settlement of missing CCs).

2) The communications on this from the studio is taking place on the EA support site for SWTOR, as is most common now with support related issues... and Nightblazer has been pasting updates as they arrive over there.. into various threads here [ http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...3&postcount=10 ]. More people who are anxious about this issue should be pressing their demands over at the EA support site and watching there for updates (we have not had a support issues forum here at SWTOR.com for years now). Eric commented that he would provide more info here.. when he actually has said info.

What exactly do you expect from them.... guesses about when it gets fixed and how? Or maybe wait until they actually have a fix to drive the missing CCs from wherever they are lost and directly into customer accounts and can actually announce the solution.

I totally get the frustrations... and people wanting to know all the nitty gritty details.. but in reality.. all we as players need to know is when it will be fixed, and how.. and until they actually deploy whatever programmatic fix in the backend to address this.. I can understand why they do not provide more specifics in this regard beyond "we are actively working on a solution".

They have acknowledged the issue, have stated they are working on a resolution for players, and most recently have confirmed they do not yet have a commit date on the resolution...which any sane person would conclude to mean they are still working on a fix that will push all those missing coins to their rightful owners. I imagine this one is a bit more complicated than the usual in game bugs/issues which are fairly easily patched by the developers in most cases and/or resolved directly via a CS ticket.

You want them to just make up ETAs, and then fail at those estimates? That would in reality just aggravate players even more. I personally only want to see a fix announced when they actually have one that is tested and debugged and will work.

Note: I am not defending the studio here. It is unacceptable that this sort of problem even happened. In a perfect world it would never happen. But we live in an imperfect world, with imperfect systems and software.. so I also understand that sometimes #$%^ happens and remedies must be explored and deployed to make the customers whole. That can and does take time in most cases.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Dekibra
06.13.2018 , 01:49 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
See it positive. Maybe there will be a nice droid pet as compensation.
I just spilled coffee all over my keyboard - thanks for the laugh

and good idea actually, I think a couple of colors are still missing ^^

DarkZeroBane
06.13.2018 , 04:07 AM | #146
The EA forum isn't giving us any more than what others are posting in here and I jump back and forth between them as well. Trust me people when I say I was right up there on the anger scale but let's be realistic about this now. I'm just going to put this all as bluntly as possible.

1)We can all ***** piss and moan till the end of time and its not going to change a damn thing. How well has us ************ worked so far?

2)If you want something done we need to stop the dick measuring contest of who can be a bigger ******** and start talking about how we can all work together collectively to push things forward.

3)Like it or not they have our money and they MIGHT not be able to do anything with it as they stated its part of an investigation and if they do try and move it they could not just screw one person but all of us at this point.

4)The amounts vary so widely that there is no one soild solution most likely and how exactly do you prioritize who does and doesn't get screwed? The guy that dropped $100 or the guy that dropped $20 and if you go either direction your going to piss people off even more cause they got thrown under the bus.

Trust me I was one of the guys ************ on here the most and hid nothing about how loud I was barking and for what reasons. Once you stop being pissed and start thinking rationally like I started to and accept the fact you are 100% caught between a rock and a hard place situation and are strapped into this ride. They could tell you yes we will give you the refund but if they can't touch the money anyway your still stuck in the exact same position your in right now but you just have the comfort of knowing you got your money back once its fixed and thats it nothing more and in reality you screwed your self out of all the work,effort and time you put into your account so you really do lose a lot more than your going to gain. Trust me I still hate how this has been and still is being handled but Im the only one being all pissed of is hurting. Your not going to do a damn thing to hurt this company no matter how angry you get look what it took for them to get rid of the lootbox crap in battlefront 2. It took the combined might of Disney and damn near an international ban and has spark numerous laws and discussion of new laws. So unless we can rally that level of anger and people which there is absolutely no way in hell this community is that large so we just have to accept we are powerless.

I'm not defending them in anyway just coming from a logical standpoint now. They honestly do need to do some damage control here give people something to look forward to and change the direction of the hate. Personally, I think if they offer a 3day sub or something like that they will most assuredly spark a whole new world of **** for themselves but I will give them the benefit of the doubt here and say they are going to offer the group that has been affected the most a nice compensation to what degree that is who knows I don't speak for them nor do I know. I'm basing this all off of how other companies I have delt with have handled situations like this. I hope they have more respect for themselves than Tencent had of here's a tiny amount of useless items for us screwing the pooch with your money. You want to see truly rage-inducing handling of even minor issues go check out the Naruto Online forums.Their idea of compensation for EVERYTHING is like well for this game would be 10,000 credits,25 cartel coins and a few xp boosters. That's what you'd get across the board no matter what the hell happened.

KeithKanneg
06.13.2018 , 06:51 AM | #147 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi all,

From what I can tell, all Cartel Coins issues over the past few days were resolved as of yesterday. For those who were affected, please check your accounts and if you determine there's a discrepancy please submit a ticket to Customer Service. If you're unable to send in a ticket, please email SWTOR Community Support at communitysupport@swtor.com and we'll investigate your situation.

Sincerely apologize for all the frustration this issue caused.

---Keith
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Eshvara
06.13.2018 , 06:52 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hi all,

From what I can tell, all Cartel Coins issues over the past few days were resolved as of yesterday. For those who were affected, please check your accounts and if you determine there's a discrepancy please submit a ticket to Customer Service. If you're unable to send in a ticket, please email SWTOR Community Support at communitysupport@swtor.com and we'll investigate your situation.

Sincerely apologize for all the frustration this issue caused.

---Keith
Whoa, a wild Keith Kanneg has appeared!
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

DarkZeroBane
06.13.2018 , 07:05 AM | #149
I just checked on here and still haven't received them but the servers are still down so I can't say if I have them in-game yet or not. Anyone receive them in the account on here yet?

KeithKanneg
06.13.2018 , 07:23 AM | #150 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkZeroBane View Post
I just checked on here and still haven't received them but the servers are still down so I can't say if I have them in-game yet or not. Anyone receive them in the account on here yet?
Yah, wait for the servers to come back up and give it a few minutes before you check.

Keith---
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]