Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Planned Warzone Changes Part 2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Planned Warzone Changes Part 2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

-Bob-
06.06.2018 , 01:01 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hinder is intended to apply to to Sage/Sorc pulls, yes. Translocate / Transpose as well. Meaning those abilities will not work on Hindered targets.

-eric
Will Hinder also apply to enemy pulls? Like VG/PT or Sin/Shadow? If a team member cannot pull the Ball carrier out of danger it doesn't seem right that the enemy can pull the ball carrier into danger, like flame vents.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

EricMusco
06.06.2018 , 02:02 PM | #142 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Quick update. We have really been enjoying the discussion around these changes, especially hinder. The team is looking at an option where we don't introduce hinder at all and make a different set of changes to achieve our goals.

Once they have those finalized I will swing back in the thread with their plans to get your thoughts. I should have them tomorrow or Friday. Thanks everyone!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DavidAtkinson
06.06.2018 , 02:05 PM | #143
Hey folks,

Quick update. We have really been enjoying the discussion around these changes, especially hinder. The team is looking at an option where we don't introduce hinder at all and make a different set of changes to achieve our goals.

Once they have those finalized I will swing back in the thread with their plans to get your thoughts. I should have them tomorrow or Friday. Thanks everyone!

-eric
Any changes to solo ranked matchmaking ? You mentioned about group ranked, but I don't recall you saying anything about solo ranked.

Vissionary
06.06.2018 , 02:10 PM | #144
Hey folks,
RIP hinder (June 5, 2018 - June 6, 2018)
Satele Shan's #1 Big Spoon

Metthew
06.06.2018 , 02:12 PM | #145
@ericmusco Can we also have a word if the max 1tank and 1healer restriction for premades apply to Team Ranked as well? Or will you let multiple healer team compositions geared for acid play in Team Ranked still?

(Quite a number of us consider acid-play compositions to be cancerous)

Banderal
06.06.2018 , 02:22 PM | #146
Hey folks,

-eric
Kudos and thanks for listening to the feedback!
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - SS
Slippery When'wet - SF

Sarova
06.06.2018 , 02:22 PM | #147

Aww, I just read your first post about this and loved hinder was being introduced. Which cry babies ruined it?
♥ Quinn Wins. Honour the Quinnmancers with Quinn Treats
Original & New LIs In Future Stories
I Want This Sky Trooper as a Companion Please
Magical Clicky Link

JattaGin
06.06.2018 , 02:23 PM | #148
Hey folks,

-eric
I couldn't reply earlier, but I want to mention that I was very excited when I read about hinder. Now I'm sad that you intend to drop it.

I would like to encourage you to find ways to make huttball a game where you HAVE to have to do teamwork in order to win. I would encourage teamplay and coordinated efforts as much as I can, because huttball makes sooooo much more fun if you have a team that plays together. It's possible to make pugs understand that, too, by offering huge incentives for good teamplay while at the same time punish just random shooting lasers around.

I pug 100% of the time and I always find at least 1 or 2 others who try to play huttball like a team sport, too. You just don't have a chance to win, because there is always a rolling operative playing for the opponent. Hinder them!
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Banderal
06.06.2018 , 02:24 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarova View Post
Aww, I just read your first post about this and loved hinder was being introduced. Which cry babies ruined it?
Pretty much everyone except you. (Ok, I remember a few others for it. I was originally for it. But honestly, after reading some of the other comments, I was persuaded to change my mind. Read through some of them and see if you still think hinder would have been a good idea. You might change your mind too... or not. )
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - SS
Slippery When'wet - SF

Stncold
06.06.2018 , 02:26 PM | #150
Hey folks,

-eric
Thank you. I understand you guys want to make it more pass-oriented which is a fine goal but hinder wasn't the way to go about it. Personally I wouldn't make any changes to huttball(except more points for passing/scoring just after being passed to) but if you guys can come up with some reasonable I'll accept that.
RIP The Fatman.

"Jedi Knights aren't celibate - the thing that is forbidden is attachments - and possessive relationships." -Lucas