Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Planned Warzone Changes Part 2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Planned Warzone Changes Part 2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Banderal
06.05.2018 , 04:23 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Theagg View Post
A healing debuff for carrying the ball that ramps up over time is far more likely to encourage passing, even for tanks, rather than a simple slow (which won't really bother those slow moving damage sponges)
Why is everyone saying that the ball carrier will be moving slower? I read this part from Eric...

"*Due to the Hinder changes above players holding the Huttball will now move at 80% movement speed (up from 67%)"

... as meaning that currently the ball carrier in HB moves at 67%, and the new proposed changes will having them move at 80%. In other words... FASTER than they do right now.
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - SS
Slippery When'wet - SF

Banderal
06.05.2018 , 04:26 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
They are actually very easy to assess. Play lowbie where many don't have their abilities yet and you will see how it is (unless there is a premade for of 39-40s). Pretty much no one ever scores and whoever gets the ball is ganked immediately. Now imagine all that, but with a jugg tank and 2 sorc healers in the mix. It will be very very boring.
That's an interesting observation, because I actually LOVE lowbie huttball for exactly those reasons. It actually requires teamwork, emphasis on both parts of that word , to score. And yeah, matches are bloody!

But then adding into the equation the abilities of a "full grown" tank and heals I think will change/eliminate the bloodiness. The healer/s keeping the tank going as they just muscle it to the goal... as others have predicted.
Slippery When'wet - SF

RACATW
06.05.2018 , 04:28 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
Why is everyone saying that the ball carrier will be moving slower? I read this part from Eric...

"*Due to the Hinder changes above players holding the Huttball will now move at 80% movement speed (up from 67%)"

... as meaning that currently the ball carrier in HB moves at 67%, and the new proposed changes will having them move at 80%. In other words... FASTER than they do right now.
Its slower because there are no high mobility skills to move fast through acid or fire traps.

Banderal
06.05.2018 , 04:29 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by RACATW View Post
Its slower because there are no high mobility skills to move fast through acid or fire traps.
Oh, I see. Now I feel stupid. Well, stupid-er than normal. Thanks.
Slippery When'wet - SF

RACATW
06.05.2018 , 04:32 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
They are actually very easy to assess. Play lowbie where many don't have their abilities yet and you will see how it is (unless there is a premade for of 39-40s). Pretty much no one ever scores and whoever gets the ball is ganked immediately. Now imagine all that, but with a jugg tank and 2 sorc healers in the mix. It will be very very boring.
Pretty much this...

EricMusco
06.05.2018 , 04:36 PM | #66 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
ok I see what you're saying now

my initial reading of what musco posted was that there's a flat 1% dps on you and a stacking healing debuff, but you've read it as both stacking. unfortunately the wording is ambiguous....but you're right that it would be about 14-15 seconds to die under your reading of it

edit: being able to medpac would actually buy you 2 more seconds, but this is still dangerously close to the old TTK if your interpretation is correct.

@musco can you clarify?
I sure can! Apologies for being ambiguous in the messaging.

Your initial reading is correct. There are two effects that happen:
  1. Players begin taking 1% of their maximum health every second. This effect does NOT stack, it is always 1%.
  2. You receive a 2% penalty to healing every second. This DOES stack, it increases by 2% per stack.
What this means is that as players fight during the arena end phase, healing will continue to become less effective over time until it does nothing. That penalty plus the constant 1% damage will apply more and more kill pressure to the remaining players.

Hope that clears up any confusion!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Theagg
06.05.2018 , 04:37 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post

Ahh yes, it's more of a 'slow' with respect to those who lose the abilities to move more quickly with the ball at the moment then. (Scamper, Force Speed etc)

What the general speed boost from 67% to 80% will do though is favour those tank/heal combo's even more. The tank could already quite happily walk the ball to the line at 67% normal without ever needing to pass (or just that final pass from the pit). Now the tanks get to walk more quickly, whilst still being almost indestructible...

yellow_
06.05.2018 , 04:39 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

1. Players begin taking 1% of their maximum health every second. This effect does NOT stack, it is always 1%.
  2. You receive a 2% penalty to healing every second. This DOES stack, it increases by 2% per stack.
What this means is that as players fight during the arena end phase, healing will continue to become less effective over time until it does nothing. That penalty plus the constant 1% damage will apply more and more kill pressure to the remaining players.

-eric
*thumbs up*

Theagg
06.05.2018 , 04:41 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
Now just take that 2% penalty to healing every second from arenas and apply it to ball carriers in Huttball....tank/heal combo OP problem largely solved.

Elusive_Thing
06.05.2018 , 04:45 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Theagg View Post
Now just take that 2% penalty to healing every second from arenas and apply it to ball carriers in Huttball....tank/heal combo OP problem largely solved.
Seems like they came up with their own, stupendously asinine solution of making sure no-one can move instead.