Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dr. Lokin (and others) and the Odessen Console

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Dr. Lokin (and others) and the Odessen Console

Tahana's Avatar


Tahana
05.21.2018 , 06:54 PM | #1
Why can't Dr. Lokin (Talos on my Inquisitor) who I know are part of the alert thing be brought back through the Odessen console? I'm running alts through Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne and quite honestly I don't want to go talk to Miot Dengd and get all of those star fortress alerts.. You know the ones.. The ones you only did on your mains and they sit and flash that triangle icon at you on your alts and you can't ignore the dumb thing because it is always flashing.

I would like my companion back that I spent good credits getting to influence level 50 without having see all of that other garbage.

No I don't want to slog through all of that on my alts. Nor do I want a ton of companions that I'll never bring out, use or otherwise interact with.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to
what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
05.22.2018 , 05:23 AM | #2
The star fortress alerts are *totally* unrelated to getting back former companions. You only get the alerts for the DSF missions if you do the Miot mission. (OK, yes, that means you have to put up with the mission triangle in the War Room instance. Meh.)

So if you want Talos / Lokin / Xalek / etc. back, you do the relevant alert once you've done the Yuun mission. No need to touch the Star Fortress stuff, especially as it won't get you what you want.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Tahana's Avatar


Tahana
05.22.2018 , 12:52 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
The star fortress alerts are *totally* unrelated to getting back former companions. You only get the alerts for the DSF missions if you do the Miot mission. (OK, yes, that means you have to put up with the mission triangle in the War Room instance. Meh.)

So if you want Talos / Lokin / Xalek / etc. back, you do the relevant alert once you've done the Yuun mission. No need to touch the Star Fortress stuff, especially as it won't get you what you want.
While I appreciate the correction in my knowledge as to how to unlock him.. It still doesn't invalidate anything i've said. I took some of my lunch to logon and do that quest. Now the stupid icon is blinking at me and will continue to blink at me until I've collected companions that I don't want. I want my original companions that I spent credits upgrading through the machine.

They made a statement that our original companions would be available as such and they're not. Even after completing that machine they're not available through the console. So either it is a bug that they need to fix or a lie. I'm going to give them the credit that it is the former and not the latter. I was able to unlock some of them through the console, it should be all of the original ones.

Thanks.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to
what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
05.23.2018 , 09:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tahana View Post
While I appreciate the correction in my knowledge as to how to unlock him.. It still doesn't invalidate anything i've said. I took some of my lunch to logon and do that quest. Now the stupid icon is blinking at me and will continue to blink at me until I've collected companions that I don't want. I want my original companions that I spent credits upgrading through the machine.

They made a statement that our original companions would be available as such and they're not. Even after completing that machine they're not available through the console. So either it is a bug that they need to fix or a lie. I'm going to give them the credit that it is the former and not the latter. I was able to unlock some of them through the console, it should be all of the original ones.

Thanks.
The alert thing will blink at you as soon as you do the Yuun mission and unlock the alert system on that character, but yeah, it does sound like a bug. Clearly T7, Tanno Vik and SCORPIO aren't available via the console (they return - only to depart again in Vik's case - before you can access the terminal, and I guess you can say the same for C2-N2 and 2R-V8), but I thought that all the others (except, perhaps, Yuun himself) should be available from the console.

Just a quick thing to check...

The terminal has two modes: recovery of the not-yet-returned, and resurrection of the story-killed. Check to make sure you aren't using the second mode. My recollection is that the wording is significantly less clear than it should be about which option is which.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Tahana's Avatar


Tahana
05.23.2018 , 11:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
The alert thing will blink at you as soon as you do the Yuun mission and unlock the alert system on that character, but yeah, it does sound like a bug. Clearly T7, Tanno Vik and SCORPIO aren't available via the console (they return - only to depart again in Vik's case - before you can access the terminal, and I guess you can say the same for C2-N2 and 2R-V8), but I thought that all the others (except, perhaps, Yuun himself) should be available from the console.

Just a quick thing to check...

The terminal has two modes: recovery of the not-yet-returned, and resurrection of the story-killed. Check to make sure you aren't using the second mode. My recollection is that the wording is significantly less clear than it should be about which option is which.
I cannot get the companions back anyway other than doing their alert. Lokin I have to wait until a Rak event is up and go into the tunnels. I didn't have to give him all the resources, but I have to do that one part. I was able to raise Scorpio back from the dead (well machine in this case as she was this characters original comp I let her have her way).. Right now the option 1 (bring back companions that I've lost since I started Fallen Empire is grayed out and I can't select it. Option 2 which is locate my original companions is stating that it has found all of them, when it technically hasn't.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to
what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson -