Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Summer Roadmap

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
05.17.2018 , 08:59 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

You can use this thread to discuss our SWTOR Summer Roadmap!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Estelindis
05.17.2018 , 09:01 AM | #2
Thanks, this was a nice surprise: simply an announcement, instead of an announcement of an announcement; a roadmap, instead of a roadmap for a roadmap.

PvP stronghold is a very creative idea and I look forward to seeing what it might be like!

New huttball map on an industrial planet... Hutta? CZ-198? Corellia?

Glad to hear that you are continuing to look at conquest along with other guild features.

I'm particularly interested in the PTS becoming an option again. Seems like a good idea for a period when the focus isn't on story. Maybe we could even fine-tune the PvP stronghold based on player experience and feedback.

If we don't get any more companion returns for the next few months, I hope that the final ones will be great storywise and justify the long wait. Hopefully it'll be a question of saving the best 'til last!
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion~~~

Andryah
05.17.2018 , 09:02 AM | #3
Heh...

Studio jumped out from behind a rock on this. No teasers about a Roadmap coming, yada yada... just BOOM.. here's the summer Roadmap! Looks a little on the skinny side though.. but maybe more details later will address this.

Looks like Guilds may finally be getting some love.

I'll leave it to the PvPers to comment on the coming PvP love.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Andryah
05.17.2018 , 09:07 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
PvP stronghold is a very creative idea and I look forward to seeing what it might be like!
I agree. Particularly if they offer both a guild level as well as personal level Stronghold in this context.

Fingers crossed on performance though....
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Paulsutherland
05.17.2018 , 09:08 AM | #5
Kill option for Lana please.

Jmenks
05.17.2018 , 09:09 AM | #6
PvP changes and all are long over due, but very welcomed. Hopefully there is some balancing in there too at some point.

Edit: Also for the strongholds, can we please finally get training dummies in there? That would be pretty great.

Star Forge
(bot)

Estelindis
05.17.2018 , 09:11 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Paulsutherland View Post
Kill option for Lana please.
People are allowed to dislike characters, but (I hate to tell you) some NPCs need to be alive in all conceivable scenarios. It's simply too hard to construct story otherwise. It sounds like we'll get new featured characters in upcoming story, so conceivably these could be the ones alive in all situations, but still - not everyone needs a kill option.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion~~~

Alec_Fortescue
05.17.2018 , 09:12 AM | #8
It sounds really, really awesome. I hope that PvP-focused update also comes with class changes?!

Thanks, Keith. While being a PvPer I can appreciate them awesome news. However from the sound of it we shouldn't expect 6.0 this year, right?

OneHit
05.17.2018 , 09:12 AM | #9
Stop with the cross faction ques. You guys continue to emphasize on things that kill the game and refuse to listen till its too late. Odessen sucks. Yavin 4 sucks. No body likes them. Take the hint. Like when command wasn't a "secondary" gearing system. Cross faction q's will kill pvp.

KendraP
05.17.2018 , 09:13 AM | #10
Thanks for the info, Musco. Much of this looks promising. Especially testing things on PTS. I would think that would be a massive step in solving many of the issues we have with new content.

I would like to note one thing: when we say we want to provide feedback ahead of time, we mean we want a two way street. Not a "we hear you, give it a chance!" Because I sincerly wonder at times if you do understand what you "hear"