Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All my incomplete achievements reset today

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
All my incomplete achievements reset today
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Exocor
05.04.2018 , 11:02 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

Our plan is to have this resolved today for anyone impacted. It'll require us to bounce the servers (essentially take them offline for a short-period, make the change, and restart). Once we have those details, we'll add the downtime information to the SWTOR Launcher.
Any additional information yet? Primetime ist starting in Europe and we scheduled a Timed Run attempt this raid night.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

Nee-Elder
05.04.2018 , 11:23 AM | #12
We're looking into your particular issue to see if we can resolve it for you. It looks like it's related to you completing Nathema and repeating Chapter 11 of KOTFE. We'll figure it out and get back to you.

Keith
Keith, that ^ "repeating" thing has caused other issues before, no? Like mentioned in these other threads...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=943275
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=948653
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=948650

... or is that totally un-related? (Seems similar, in that player's 'Chapter' progress isn't fully being calculated/recongnized? )

Also: any chance the forum Mods can just merge both of these same topic threads...
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=948625
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=948618

... Thanks!
Never tell me the odds!
TEAMZiRe

Joonbeams
05.04.2018 , 11:32 AM | #13
I had the title fixed. This is a very serious issue and we're working on a resolution right now. The goal is to match up your achievements before the patch and merge them with the progress you made after 5.9.

Our plan is to have this resolved today for anyone impacted. It'll require us to bounce the servers (essentially take them offline for a short-period, make the change, and restart). Once we have those details, we'll add the downtime information to the SWTOR Launcher.

We have Game Update 5.9.1 scheduled for May 22, 2018 where will be addressing other issues you may have encountered with 5.9.

Sorry this happened and caused you so much frustration. We'll get it resolved as soon as we can.

Respectfully,

--Keith-

Awesome! Thanks for addressing!

HeinithAvune
05.04.2018 , 11:50 AM | #14
We're looking into your particular issue to see if we can resolve it for you. It looks like it's related to you completing Nathema and repeating Chapter 11 of KOTFE. We'll figure it out and get back to you.

Keith
i am 100% sure that my achievements at Star Forge Legacy have reset while i was doing Nathema flashpoint in veteran mode, my Legacy at Darth Malgus seems not to be affected and i did there yesterday Nathema in solo/story mode and well as repeating chapter IX kofte and doing chapters I-IX on char that havent done them before

KeithKanneg
05.04.2018 , 12:15 PM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Here's the latest information - Our priority focus is to resolve the issue related to the resetting of achievements. After that is deployed through a short downtime later today (it's being verified right now) and we know we've resolved the issue, we'll begin working on retrieving past achievement progress and, where possible (my disclaimer), add progress made since 5.9, for players who experienced this issue. You do not need to submit a Customer Service ticket!

Please note this will not be resolved and deployed until next week at the earliest, as we need adequate time to validate your data will be properly restored.

We'll keep you apprised.

---Keith

Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Joonbeams
05.04.2018 , 12:43 PM | #16
Here's the latest information - Our priority focus is to resolve the issue related to the resetting of achievements. After that is deployed through a short downtime later today (it's being verified right now) and we know we've resolved the issue, we'll begin working on retrieving past achievement progress and, where possible (my disclaimer), add progress made since 5.9, for players who experienced this issue. You do not need to submit a Customer Service ticket!

Please note this will not be resolved and deployed until next week at the earliest, as we need adequate time to validate your data will be properly restored.

We'll keep you apprised.

---Keith

Just to be clear. Today (hopefully, with all disclaimers) you guys will bring down the servers and patch the bug (resetting achievements) so it stops happening. But today's fix won't include restoration of post-5.9 progress that might be lost or of the reset achievements - that will be next week at the earliest (again, with all disclaimers)? Is that accurate? Thanks!

aerockyul
05.04.2018 , 12:57 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Joonbeams View Post
Just to be clear. Today (hopefully, with all disclaimers) you guys will bring down the servers and patch the bug (resetting achievements) so it stops happening. But today's fix won't include restoration of post-5.9 progress that might be lost or of the reset achievements - that will be next week at the earliest (again, with all disclaimers)? Is that accurate? Thanks!
The way I understand it is they will deploy a fix today that will stop the bug from happening. The fix next week would be to restore what was lost or accumulated after the bug
Keeya, Lill'ya, Cara, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Aywrevix, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Misphire, Andra Cressan Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

KeithKanneg
05.04.2018 , 01:31 PM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
The way I understand it is they will deploy a fix today that will stop the bug from happening. The fix next week would be to restore what was lost or accumulated after the bug
Yes, that's correct.

Keith---

KeithKanneg
05.04.2018 , 02:54 PM | #19 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi all, the fix has been verified. We will take the Game Servers offline beginning at 04:00PM Central Time for about an hour, including the 15-minute notification you'll receive in-game.

Thanks for your patience!

Keith---

JarenWelen
05.04.2018 , 03:19 PM | #20
Hi all, the fix has been verified. We will take the Game Servers offline beginning at 04:00PM Central Time for about an hour, including the 15-minute notification you'll receive in-game.

Thanks for your patience!

Keith---
We were in the middle of a Karagga's Palace run when the 15 minute notification came up - defeated Karagga 10 seconds before the servers went offline! Added some excitement to the run!
Zhalle / Kayl'ik / Arxxis
Founder/Beta Tester